Thais invited to inform on one another this New Year - call 1386 to join the War on Drugs

webfact

28 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Our next door neighbour is reputedly/allegedly the local drug kingpin.......it seems the only people who don't know that fact are the local police......strange!

Hello Mr. Somchai is my brown envelope ready? No, well then off to jail we will go. Oh wait you have two envelopes for me, thank you. See you next week.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

They could start by raiding my gaff.

I have copious amounts of Ganja and come the new year, I plan to party like it's 1999. ????

Cold you perhaps post a Google Maps link and we will get on with it straight away!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mikebell said:

those that did were teargassed and/or arrested.

Don't forget they were also told there families would be arrested as well if they continued on with the disobedience. When that failed to stop them the government passed a law keeping them from gathering.  It will take a complete Arab Summer uprising to change anything here 

I recently flew to Singapore and on the flight and upon arrival there were numerous remindders that the possession and use of drugs will result in imprisonment.  Maybe LOS can do the same on all inbound flights.  Oh never mind because yesterday I must have walked by 10 Cannabis dispensaries in Chiang Mai.  

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Justice minister Somsak Thepsuthin and secretary of the Narcotics Control Board were at Mor Chit holding up cards to get the public to inform on one another, reported Thai Rath

Both men had a strong message not to open bank accounts to enable criminals to launder funds.

And on no account accept parcels for safe keeping on public transport. They could contain drugs. 

A pretty strong message of instructing Thais not to trust other Thais.  Seems to be at odds with the general narrative taught in schools.

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps we should start informing on the cops involved in dealing drugs and engaging in the a multitude of corrupt crimes. Perhaps we should start informing on Prawit and Prayuth and all of their henchmen who are corrupt beyond imagination. Oh, I forgot. Few seem to care, or they would be out in the street protesting, right now. 

Such nonsense. What is this East Germany in the 1950's?

Just copied from the idea of blockleiters in Nazi Germany. They were the local 'wardens' who were head snitch and members of 'the party'.