The business 'Owner Said What ? ' ... I'm boycotting them ????

KhunLA

A spin off from the B&J Ice Cream thread.  I personally don't care for some of their political views.  And yes, 1 or 2 people of a large company, now sold off to conglomorant ... bla bla bla.  Besides silly price, wouldn't buy just for spite.

Also easy to do, since a $5 or $10 USA item, with plenty of as good or better tasting competition.

I know there's plenty of Anti Chinses, Russian, and in the past it was Japanese products.  For whatever reason, past quality issues, especially if buying inexpensive products from anywhere.  Then the unfair labor, and suspected eco unfriendly aspect.  I know being a Yank, there's a 'Buy USA' mentality in the USA, but what little they do make, is usually silly priced.  Not a USA endorser myself, actually the opposite.

Personally I really don't care about most things, just give me the best product at best price ... value for my $$$ or ฿฿฿.  I really can't think of any product, from anywhere, that I wouldn't buy, as long as it's a good value.

A few things I won't, didn't support, when investing, mainly defense contractors.  But I did do oil, as soon as Bush 2 was elected.  Thankful that I did.

Had to talk my brother into 'gay subscription' TV, Christian warrior that he is,  before alternative lifestyles went mainstream.  Another stock winner.

This news-blip got me thinking about it, hence the post.  What would you definitely avoid now, in this 'woke' world ?

"I bought a Tesla to help the environment. Now I’m embarrassed to drive it,” wrote Blumenthal, who had previously bought a Tesla to reduce carbon emissions. 

“Due to the recent exposure of Elon Musk’s political views – all of which I hate – I’m starting to worry about what kind of political statement the car is making. Will people see me as a symbol of environmentalism from right, a living oxymoron?” Blumenthal asked.

He insisted that this apprehension was driven by Musk’s goal of turning Twitter into “an unguarded playground for neo-Nazis and other random hatemongers and wackadoodle QAnon followers.”

https://www.todaypostimes.com/la-times-columnist-embarrassed-driving-eco-friendly-tesla-because-of-musk/

Edited by KhunLA

If I avoided products simply because their business leadership had a different outlook than my own then I wouldn't be able to buy much.

If I can comprehend that someone has used enough logic to hold a view that is different than mine then all is good. If someone denied the holocaust or said something along the lines of all homosexuals should be shot then it would be a different matter.

Musk seems to be on a different planet (almost literally) than I first thought, but I'd still have no issues buying one of his products.

• Thumbs Up 1