Retirement Visa

(Hope this is in the right place........I don't post much)

I have a 1 year retirement visa which I have renewed twice in BKK......renewal coming up again soon.

Previously my thai bankbook showed regular monthly income of 65,000baht per month(the min required).

I do not have the 800,000baht savings in my thai bank.

This year however,I have had heavy health/family expences in U.K and Australia so have been unable to put that amount in every month.

Immigration in Nongkai tell me,the bank book must show deposits of 65,000 baht for 6 months previous to my next renewal.Unfortunately,I will have only 3 months of the required income when I apply.I thought this was enough.

I have heard many different stories from expats and read many posts on this subject.Some Imm. offices want 6 mths,some 1 year,some 3 mths(as with the married visa if I'm correct).Some did'nt care as long as you show proof of income form your country and have it certified as true by a letter from your embassy(no problem there,can do ).

Alternatively,where and how can we find out the TRUTH about these annoying visa issues that have a lot of us cursing and worrying on a yearly basis? Where is the TOP Thai Immigration office?(BKK.?) and if I find out I'm ok. with the 3 months income,can I make the Nongkai power freaks accept it?

Anybody had this experience ?

Can anybody tell me what the Thai law book actually states re.this ?

P.S......... Love Thailand but hate the inconsistency between offices and officers who all have a different version of the law and all too often it can depend on what mood they're in.They seem to enjoy freaking falangs out and very obviously only want our money,not us.......anybody agree ?(good job my T.W.is a REALLY jai dee Angel or I'd be long gone !)

(3) Having evidence showing the

monthly income not less than

65,000 Baht or,

Bangkok defines this as a pension as certified by your Embassy letter. There is no requirement for any set bank deposits. Nong Khai takes another track.

I believe all applicants are still allowed to apply in Bangkok under Bangkok rules but this might mean no return to using Nong Khai.

thanks very much to lopburi3.............I will head to Bkk. to renew........is the extract you sent form Thai Immigration Rules ?Could you possibly show a bit more of the rule I am enquiring about ?

If not,never mind and thanks for the help,much appreciated.