ringworm?

proton

Had scalp problem for months, itchy patches, smalll lumps all over. Nothing I have tried has worked, benovate medicated shampoos did nothing. Clinic suggested anti biotics, no use either. Looking at pics I think the ones of tinea capitis or ringworm a fungal infection looks closest. mainly in kids but adults get it as well especially in tropical climate.

Wondered anyone else has this and how they treated it?

Slap on some Quadriderm cream (anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory). You should get relief in a few days... but the scalp is very difficult to clear up so might take a couple of weeks of applying.

• Like 2

I had scabies about 18 months ago. It was like a very itchy lumpy rash on my left forearm. I went to a GP who diagnosed it immediately. The itching persisted for at least a couple of weeks after treatment, maybe longer but eventually went away. She recommended head lice cream, no prescription.

• Like 1

If it's ringworm that means you have a fungal infection. You really need to get it diagnosed by a doctor so you know what it is and can treat appropriately.

Traditionally, ringworm has been treated with topical creams like Cannesten, which will get rid of it, if a bit slowly - it can take applying Canneseten a couple of times a day for several weeks. However, there's every chance it will come back as what you see on the surface is just a small part of it. To get rid of a fungal infection once and for all, in addition to a topical treatment you should consider targeting the root cause.

Fluconazole is an effective anti-fungal medication which you can buy over the counter in Thailand. It will get rid of a fungal infection, but use it with caution as it is strong. You really want to get a diagnosis from a doctor before using Fluconazole.

Alternatively, there are a host of effective anti-fungal supplements on the market which are also very effective.

I personally favour Oregano oil capsules which are effective, if used for several weeks. Another excellent product is Thorne Research FS722. Google it for more info. You can find it at iHerb or Lazada.

Fungal infections are very stubborn and if you don't treat the root cause, they can return - so it's best to do it right the first time.

• Like 2