Friend (US Citizen) in ICU, no savings or insurance - don't know what to do for the best

jimmiejackson

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Why would it not?  Mine sure would.  But the issue with required insurance is there is little or no way to fairly judge them.

Even if they did, they would most likely require you to pay the bills out of pocket first, and then reimburse you after checking the evidence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

did he have any underlying condition, aids/hiv?

how can be diangosed with an advanced TB if there suppose to be yearly health check ups, to extend work contract? Advanced desease develops over a long time, probably years. 

I had TB vax in europe some 8 years ago. They don't have it in thailand for adults, only for kids. I was hoping sometimes for a booster, but they have only antibody tests. That test might be a good idea to have, if some strange lungs symptoms or inconclusive x-ray.

But there are pneumonia vaxes - prevnar 1 for 2400b and year later pneumovax 23 for 1300b, they protect only partially, but increase chances of survival. He had a chance to get them after TH diagnisis. Ultimately it was pneumonia which killed him.

sorry for his loss

Edited by internationalism