Disputing a condominium fine

what a disaster!!!!!    I'd fight it every day, every single day.................why?  IF you pay it today, then guess what....20,000 fine tomorrow!!!

RIGHT BEFORE you are sure to sell the condo, pay the 6000 on the condition everything will go smoothly.  

This is reason Number 9082374803947324923743249 to never buy in Thailand.  Luckily, renting isn't so bad here.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wprime said:

So I've got some clarification.

There is a rule pertaining to the internal use of the condos which I was accused by a resident of breaking, but I obviously wasn't as I don't live there. It's a rule that's impossible to prove because it doesn't affect other tenants and pertains to the use of one's own condo so there's no way they can prove it (unless you do it on the balcony or something). The new rule is being proposed in order to make the first rule enforceable by limiting what can be brought into the condo building. The reason they thought they could fine me was because I was accused of breaking the first rule.

Juristic asked me to declare at the AGM that I'm not breaking the first rule and told me that the account can be adjusted later.

In the OP the claim was no rule existed.

Now a rule does exist.

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Impecunious, fussy old ladies will constantly be clutching their pearls and retiring to their fainting couches in Thailand. They should not bother even visiting, which might lead to more whinging posts here.

Guess you are new here then????????????

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Why do you bother, don't come to Thailand if you don't like it.

Good point. And leaving is in fact sometimes the only cure for the horrid, brain-eating Space Monkeys. Sooner is better than later. Find peace.

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I agree....but only so long as our luck holds out.  

My luck is to continue to treat my wife like the queen she is, and she continues to treath me as her King, without any drama or making us bankrupt!

Happiness useally comes down to one important human in our life, be it best friend or lover, or both!

Without her I wouldn't been in Thailand anymore. More likely lived in a bag until I found my best friend. Most likely I would lived in Brazil by now since that was going to be my next destination, but happy in Thailand now for 6 years steady living, and total 20 years experience. 

The difference between Thailand and most other low cost destinations  is safety and personal freedom. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ahh....  the good old... “if you don’t like it go home” comment......    :clap2:

... a favourite of narrow minded people who can’t understand that its ok to have an opinion and discuss it on a forum designed for.... wait for it.... ‘Discussion’ !!!!!!!....   :whistling:

He doesn't live here but is a tourist. Tourist shouldn't holiday in places they don't like. Keep your "narrow minded" insults to yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

So I raised the issue at the AGM. One of the committee members got very angry and called me a few Thai insults (he's a farang) and said he would kick me out of the building if he could. I've never met him before so I have no idea what he was so angry about.

The owners however ruled unanimously to remove the fine so I got a happy ending.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, wprime said:

So I raised the issue at the AGM. One of the committee members got very angry and called me a few Thai insults (he's a farang) and said he would kick me out of the building if he could. I've never met him before so I have no idea what he was so angry about.

The owners however ruled unanimously to remove the fine so I got a happy ending.

Sounds very toxic. Glad to hear that the fine was removed. If I was you, the fine would be least of my worries. No need for drama or animosity where we live.

• Like 1