over the holiday, wife and I spent 1 night in hotel in Chiang Rai, visiting the flower festival.  I presume that hotel did a TM30 for that night , though no evidence of it.

Sudden thought last night:-

Now we are back home again, do I, or wife, need to do another TM30 or our own house?

19 minutes ago, Robin said:

Now we are back home again, do I, or wife, need to do another TM30 or our own house?

I would suggest you get your wife to contact your local immigration office.

We came back from an overseas trip recently, stayed overnight in Bangkok in a hotel booked under my name and when we returned home immigration said the wife as the blue house book holder must report all Aliens staying in the house, including husband.

This will vary from immigration office I am sure, so the call is the only way your wife is going to find out, as for you, NO, you do not need to do anything.

Wife calls, they say, yes or no to her reporting you are staying there again, which I believe can also be done online.

Be interested to know what they say as an update for others if you don't mind.

Whether this is a TM30 matter or not, I have no idea, but the wife had to report that I was back in our house (technically speaking).

Edited by 4MyEgo

49 minutes ago, Robin said:

Which immigration office?

The correct answer is that no TM30 required and that would even be same answer if you spent a time out of Thailand.

Some immigration offices have refused to acknowledge that the rules were changed 2019. 

• Like 1