GF did not update her house book

2 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

My wife’s name was not in the house book for our new house as she has other houses and we had no problems when we went to register me on a tm30 because of it. 

So the best thing for me then is to take my GF with me when I go so that she can sort all this out and they can get the copies and everything they need

I simply filled in the tm30 with my name and the new address, copies of my various passport pages, (most of which were handed back to me), wife’s I’d card, copy of house book page showing house number, we handed over everything to immi officer, he spoke a few times to my wife but I don’t know what was said and 10 minutes later we left with the tm30 stapled into my passport. All was very easy. 

14 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

I simply filled in the tm30 with my name and the new address, copies of my various passport pages, (most of which were handed back to me), wife’s I’d card, copy of house book page showing house number, we handed over everything to immi officer, he spoke a few times to my wife but I don’t know what was said and 10 minutes later we left with the tm30 stapled into my passport. All was very easy. 

Problem is her house book has a different address or should there be a separate book just for the house.

This <deleted> has me so confused.

Also because she is gf do I need a rental agreement as I am trying to do my annual extension at the same time.

15 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Problem is her house book has a different address or should there be a separate book just for the house.

If she owns the house, she will have a house book.

If it's rented to her, but she tells you it's hers, she won't have a house book.

Easy really.

There are no other possibilities.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If it's her house, she will have a house book.

If it's rented, but she tells you it's hers, she won't have a house book.

Easy really.

Do I need a rental contract we have lived there for three years, first as me as the rentor with a contract from the previous owner and now her?

never had to do it when I had the previous gf and she rented in her name. 

2 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Do I need a rental contract we have lived there for three years, first as me as the rentor with a contract from the previous owner and now her?

You don't need a rental contract if your gf owns or rents the house.

But she might need to show her house book or rental contract.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1