Kevin McCarthy is finally the elected Speaker for the House

Social Media

During his speech after finally getting enough votes to be House speaker, Kevin McCarthy vowed that the GOP will set up committees to "hold the swamp accountable, from the withdrawal of Afghanistan, to the origins of COVID and to the weaponization of the FBI."

He added: "Let me be very clear. We will use the power of the purse and the power of the subpoena to get the job done."

https://www.newsweek.com/jim-jordan-subpoena-fbi-idiotic-donald-trump-1772291?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation&spot_im_redirect_source=pitc

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

On The Money — McCarthy pushes to cut IRS funding

CBO: Republicans’ IRS bill will add $114B to deficit

The White House on Monday excoriated Republican-led legislation up for a vote in the House to rescind funding for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) allocated last year by Democrats, calling it a “reckless” bill that would benefit “tax cheats.”

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/overnights/3806111-on-the-money-mccarthy-pushes-to-cut-irs-funding/

Progressive U.S. lawmakers on Monday took House Republicans to task after the Congressional Budget Office said the erstwhile deficit hawks' first bill before the 118th Congress—a measure critics say is meant to "protect wealthy and corporate tax cheats"—will swell the federal deficit by more than $100 billion.

"They all run on reducing the deficit and now the House GOP's first... bill will increase the deficit by $114 billion," tweeted Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.). "Make it make sense."

https://www.rawstory.com/gop-taxes/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

How will slashing the budget for the IRS increase the deficit and spending? I am confused.  If I have a 1 million dollar budget and cut it 50%, I now only have 500k dollars for a budget, ergo saving money.....not increasing the deficit my company would have, but decreasing it....or am I the only one confused here.

12 hours ago, ozimoron said:

During his speech after finally getting enough votes to be House speaker, Kevin McCarthy vowed that the GOP will set up committees to "hold the swamp accountable, from the withdrawal of Afghanistan, to the origins of COVID and to the weaponization of the FBI."

He added: "Let me be very clear. We will use the power of the purse and the power of the subpoena to get the job done."

https://www.newsweek.com/jim-jordan-subpoena-fbi-idiotic-donald-trump-1772291?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation&spot_im_redirect_source=pitc

Let's keep in mind that Jordan worked hard to protect a sex offender.

• Like 2

Hey should we start a pool as to when poor keven gets the chop?id advise him not to unpack.all it will take is for ether of the 2 kracken to have a bad day lol ???? could you imagine having to always be looking over your shoulder for those 2 shrews?yeiks!

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

How will slashing the budget for the IRS increase the deficit and spending?

Here again, a Tea Party fantasy that lingers: the idea is that abolishing the IRS would mean the end of Federal taxes.  What's that you say, it doesn't make sense?  This is Tea Party/MAGA yammer, sense has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tug said:

Hey should we start a pool as to when poor keven gets the chop?id advise him not to unpack.all it will take is for ether of the 2 kracken to have a bad day lol ???? could you imagine having to always be looking over your shoulder for those 2 shrews?yeiks!

I think it's time to bring back old-time punishments, like dunking stools and stocks.  The founding fathers would approve! 

Wouldn't MTG look great in this chair?File:Ducking-Stool 1 (PSF).png

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.explicit.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.oUKLAfd_Tx7H-z-8DU4zkwHaIE%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=44e325336cded27c696df221838fb6d19e6e74b20aaab5c333e0d3d4b339ef77&ipo=images

Those two guys on the left are "well-behaved tourists."

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

How many significant jobs was Pence given?  For that matter, how many high visibility jobs have been given to any VP?

Joe pawned the border off on Harris. It was a chance to shine, instead......well you know.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Joe pawned the border off on Harris. It was a chance to shine, instead......well you know.

Given she didn't even visit the border till basically forced to it's clear to me that she wasn't interested in doing the job. It's not a question of other VPs being given jobs or not- she was given this one and failed, which gives one doubts about her ability to be POTUS is the need arose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saanim said:

Not a significant job attending the Olympics in Korea?

Korea olympic, Pence.jpg

No, that was sending the VP to do a meaningless job that Trump didn't want to do. 

It's not that Trump objects to doing meaningless things, but he wants all the attention on him when he does them.  At the Olympics the attention is on the competitions and competitors.