Holiday Gone Wrong: British man claims he was tortured in Thailand Jail

webfact

HELL ON EARTH: I was beaten up, tortured and had my teeth kicked out in hellhole Thai jail – now I can’t work for two months, says Brit
James Liveris

image.jpeg

A BRIT was banged up abroad in a hellhole Thai jail where he was tortured and beaten by cops.

Carl Gentry-Evans, 51, was holidaying in Phuket, southern Thailand, when his life was turned upside down after he was targeted by a local gang who spiked his drink.

Pictures obtained by The Sun Online, reveal a gripping tale of how the innocent Southampton man lost just about everything in the ordeal, including four teeth.

British authorities are now investigating the allegations he was brutally mistreated by Thai police.

Carl said he had just secured accommodation in Pa Tong before he was drugged, mugged.

But when he tried to confront the muggers - instead he found himself in a jail cell left to rot.

"Right at this time in my life I am completely f****d. I don't know what to do," he told The Sun Online.

Smashed in ribs, bruised limbs, septic infections, severely swollen wrists only begin to paint a picture of what he endured.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20828806/brit-tourist-tortured-in-thai-jail/

image.jpeg

-- © Copyright THE SUN 2022-01-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

Probably a bit  of true in his story and as usual the British Embassy don't come out smelling of roses ???? 

Nothing will happen don't want to put off future tourists coming to Thailand 

It's no doubt happening more than we know  only makes the news once people return to their home countries and tell their stories 

• Thumbs Up 1

From the linked article:  "Prior to being locked up, Carl found himself in a two-day frenzied delirium after allegedly having his drink spiked."

So it took at least 2 days for the police to find and arrest him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This guy may have been causing harm to that turf, and the order to stop it was given.  I never took fancy vacations when I had less than 12 months wages in the bank checking acct at that time. 

36 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

What is normal? The part he was drugged, the part he set fire to his cell, the part he confronted the mugger while drugged, the part the muggers had his pin code? 

I have been pretty drunk sometimes over the years, met many policemen and never had a problem in 40 years.

They are normally helpful and its not worth their while to give you a hard time. I've been banged up over night twice. No problems whatsoever, just let you out the next day and let you get on with your business.

• Like 2

Why all that money for a night out drinking? 

He claimed that local police had mistreated him and had robbed him of £7,000

His bank cards were stolen by the neighbourhood criminals involved in the scheme, who then emptied him of everything he had, or around £6,800.

https://www.firstpost.com/world/holiday-gone-wrong-british-man-claims-he-was-tortured-in-thailand-jail-11950652.html