Drilling Water Well

UWEB

After three non successful attempts to drill a Water Well by local Companies I have contacted a more professional one where two guys came today to review the Situation on my Land plot. They have got all Information's from my side and we had a discussion for around one hour. Based on their experience and measurements they have done with an Ultrasonic Device they are sure that there is Water in appr. 30-60 meter depth. But they are asking for a price of 150.000 THB. Is this a realistic price?

Depending on the formation but normal price is 30-50k all included, and if no water no pay!

Even heard cheaper, but those prices Im not sure is realistic anymore. 

all included plug and play

Edited by Hummin

26 minutes ago, UWEB said:

After three non successful attempts to drill a Water Well by local Companies I have contacted a more professional one where two guys came today to review the Situation on my Land plot.

If they can't find any water after 3 tries then time to knock it on the head.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

Uweb,what you need to do is look around in your area and find wells

around where you live.

If more people have water then you should be able also.

Usually a local company knows what is going on.

Some places the water is just really deep and other places it is near the surface.

We had our well for nearly 15 years and it provides a lot of nice clean water

and it was well worth the 40 000 baht they charged me.

24 minutes ago, jvs said:

Uweb,what you need to do is look around in your area and find wells

around where you live.

If more people have water then you should be able also.

Usually a local company knows what is going on.

Some places the water is just really deep and other places it is near the surface.

We had our well for nearly 15 years and it provides a lot of nice clean water

and it was well worth the 40 000 baht they charged me.

I have done this. Neighbor has a 100 meter well(salty Water), other Neighbor has a 15 meter Well ( no Water), Mango Farm  next Door has a 25 meter Well with Water.

Also I have asked other local Companies four times and have got 5 different answers.

43 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Location & geology would be helpful info.

Sam Roi Yot/Prachuap Khiri Khan. A lot of Mountains here but the Underground is Sand and other places hard like Granite. One of the Wells we did was just 8 meter deep, no forward coming at all.

2 minutes ago, UWEB said:

I gave some Tip to the workers only

The new company have a webpage? Just curious to see their drilling rig and equipment. 

The price is all included plug and play? 

Normally the local guys with a simple rig mounted on a smaller truck knows if water or not. But all depending on their equipment and formation. Do you know what piping they estimate their price with? Double safety cable to secure pump ? Mostly they only hook up with single, and glue the plastic piping. Plastic treads is also used, 6” top hole casing, but perforated well screens I have not seen yet in Thailand. 

Your paying "TOO MUCH!" Here in Ubon on our 7+ rai plot of land we paid about 45,000 baht for each of our two wells that are producing water and did not pay anything on two wells because the vendor did not produce any water because they were dry.  Also, we use imported GRUNDFOS water pumps that are going over 10 years. Good Luck.

Edited by Dan747
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Dan747 said:

Your paying "TOO MUCH!" Here in Ubon on our 7+ rai plot of land we paid about 45,000 baht for each of our two wells that are producing water and did not pay anything on two wells because the vendor did not produce any water because they were dry.  Also, we use imported GRUNDFOS water pumps that are going over 10 years. Good Luck.

We are in 2023 and not 10 years ago, so prices for sure have doubled. Where the Groundfos Pumps included in the price of 45.000 THB ?

We drilled our well at the end of the dry season (early April 2022) and found plenty of good clear water at only 27 metres depth, but we went down a few metres more just for good measure.

It hadn't rained for months so we wanted to be sure that we got down to the water table.

We then installed a 750 watt submersible pump along with some PV solar panels, and a 180 metre long 65mm LDPE pipeline to the pond on our building site.

The piping is 1 1/2" PVC at the pump, then 65mm HDPE overland in a trench.

Control cables were attached to the pipeline and a switch in a weatherproof housing installed on the power pole at the corner of our pond so we can turn on the solar powered pump at the pole instead of walking across to the panels/pump.

Total installed cost was just over 60,000 baht.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, UWEB said:

they are sure that there is Water in appr. 30-60 meter depth. But they are asking for a price of 150.000 THB. Is this a realistic price?

so they priced to drill 60 meters if necessary and make out like bandits if the hit and stop at 30 meters

You might try to get a price based on so many baht per meter plus a fixed amount for pump and stuff not related to well depth.

How can one trust the driller to be honest as to the depth he claims to have drilled?

Is a deep well better than a shallow well?

Many people suspect that having a deeper well automatically means the water will be more plentiful, and of better quality, but that's not always the case. In fact, the depth of your well should be suited to a variety of factors specific to your land and the patterns of groundwater in your area

On 1/10/2023 at 11:32 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

If they can't find any water after 3 tries then time to knock it on the head.

This was the deal with mine, paid 120K about 10 years ago.

Depth 108m, sub pump hung off at 105m, 16m cased with 6" or 8" PVV piping.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

You watch him put in the casing pipe and record how many lengths of pipe go in then you know.

Don they put production string all the way down? They drilled to 60m, and hung the pump pump at 45m. Gives you time before it get plugged up.

Water bed was 13m at that time of season

On 1/10/2023 at 11:10 AM, Hummin said:

Depending on the formation but normal price is 30-50k all included, and if no water no pay!

Prices depend on the area and local geology.

No one will do a well for 30-50K in difficult areas.

Edited by unheard

15 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

To do that you'd need to be on site when he's drilling and that could be up to 3 days or more?

Every site is different.

Even difficult sites can be done in a full day if the driller has a skilled crew and powerful enough equipment.