Permanent residence(PR): when did you apply and when did you get approval letter?

Hello , 

I read some old posts dated back to 10-20 years ago regarding the Pr process, the approving waiting time can vary depending on the year. 

i am curious to know how long it takes from application to approval nowadays? 

when did you apply and when did  you get approval letter?

And Is it necessary to extend the 6 months "Pr waiting stamp" even if i have valid non-b visa?

Anyone who has successful experience, could you share me yours? 

Thank you!

I have no firsthand experience, but a friend did this successfully a couple of years ago.

His residency was approved, but then, nothing. Nothing for a long time. Because the PM had to sign that and because at that time the political situation changed the PM at that time didn't think that is really important. That's why, after approval, my friend had to wait years to get the official documents.

So whatever you find out, remember that someone has to sign it and you can't exactly force that person to do that...

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have no firsthand experience, but a friend did this successfully a couple of years ago.

His residency was approved, but then, nothing. Nothing for a long time. Because the PM had to sign that and because at that time the political situation changed the PM at that time didn't think that is really important. That's why, after approval, my friend had to wait years to get the official documents.

So whatever you find out, remember that someone has to sign it and you can't exactly force that person to do that...

The PM does not sign off PR submissions as far as I know.You probably mean Immigration Department had completed its work and then signed off on your friend's application and it was then delayed before approval by the Minister of the Interior.

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

The PM does not sign off PR submissions as far as I know.You probably mean Immigration Department had completed its work and then signed off on your friend's application and it was then delayed before approval by the Minister of the Interior.

Thank. Yes, it might have been the minister of interior. I know it was someone high up in the government. So if the government changes things might take a long time.