Query regarding the maintenance by Asean Now.

worrab

Maybe it is me or the laptop I use but since the latest updates and maintenance done by Asean Now, I am unable to open any of the topics within their email. Very strange as it all worked properly before the new year and now all I get is a blank page marked Untitled! Have tried a different browser and turning off my VPN but to no avail. Any ideas?

9 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

That sounds more like a browser or internet connection issue.

Your is the only report about this (so far). 

I get the newsletters  daily and no apparent issues noted.

I use either Chrome or Edge and an ethernet connection. All worked fine before the maintenance. Open the email from Asean Now and then click on a topic. Another page opens but is blank with Untitled on the tab. No problems with my Iphone or Fire tablet so I am wondering what has happened to cause this on the laptop. 

13 minutes ago, worrab said:

I use either Chrome or Edge and an ethernet connection. All worked fine before the maintenance. Open the email from Asean Now and then click on a topic. Another page opens but is blank with Untitled on the tab. No problems with my Iphone or Fire tablet so I am wondering what has happened to cause this on the laptop. 

Just try right clicking on the link, copy link address, paste that directly into your browser and see what that does.(I am assuming these links are current)

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Just try right clicking on the link, copy link address, paste that directly into your browser and see what that does.(I am assuming these links are current)

Tried that with Chrome, Edge and even Gmail but no difference. Maybe the trouble lies with Outlook but Gmail disproved that. Very strange.

8 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Your is the only report about this (so far). 

Hi Charlie, you got another one a couple of hours later - new thread started instead of adding to this one:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1283428-cant-open-news-items-in-newsletter/

For what it's worth, clicking the link posted in that thread opened fine for me (using Chrome).

Edited by Salerno

On 1/13/2023 at 11:19 AM, Salerno said:

Hi Charlie, you got another one a couple of hours later - new thread started instead of adding to this one:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1283428-cant-open-news-items-in-newsletter/

For what it's worth, clicking the link posted in that thread opened fine for me (using Chrome).

I have just read this thread and seen the cure. Turn off Threat Protection on Nord VPN. Makes me wonder how safe this site is now since they have gone to elasticemail. Having had a quick look on the elasticemail website, it does actually look okay so it is strange that Nord VPN does not like it.