Jomtien Beach Expansion to Resume, Pattaya Officials say Finished Beach Will Be Comparable to Miami Beach in USA

webfact

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

I think they've just gone completely overboard on it. The beach south of Wat Bun is now more like a stretch of the Sahara desert, a vast expanse of empty sand. You have to walk quite a long way on very hot sand under a burning sun to get from the deck chair vendors to the actual sea. Compare it with the old beach north of Wat bun, where you can just slip out of your deck chair and a few yards away is the sea, and I know which one I prefer. I guess there was more money to me made my the authorities this way, maybe their kick-backs were measured in Baht per ton of sand dredged up, lol?

Totally agree. It's vast! The only obvious addition/improvement is the seafood resto at the very end where the road does a 90 degree left, which has spread it's seating about 50 m onto the sand. The beach is impressive but at night at least, completely deserted.

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Ekarat also stated that the finished project will be, in his opinion, comparable to Miami Beach in Florida in the United States.

So, it'll be full of Cubans and Haitians in boats seeking asylum soon? Wonder if the coke will be of the same high quality too. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

"Officials say Finished Beach Will Be Comparable to Miami Beach in USA"

???????????? Well, I suppose they both have sand and salt water, but I should imagine the water's a bit cleaner in Miami!!! 

P.S. Sorry Ezzra - just seen your post!

Edited by sambum

What an idiot.

Why does he think that anyone want to me in Thailand but also in Miami?

Does Thailand not have, in its own right, magnificence of it'd own? Why try to make it like 'somewhere else'.

Look what has already happened to Dongtan Beach and Pattaya Beach  in a effort to make it like a European Riveria.

They just don't 'get it'.

Not mentioned in the local news at all but of much greater potential impact on Jomtien is that serious groundwork has begun on the Jomtien Monorail project slated to be finished and in operation in 5 years time. 

You can see a lot of land clearing, digging and rebar now set for pillars if you go to the area where the "Bungee Jump" park is, extending down the now closed Soi next to RIMHAD Condo on Jomtien 2nd Road, then across 2nd road to what will be a terminal on Beach Rd . between Soi's 9 & 10.

https://futuresoutheastasia.com/pattaya-monorail/

Edited by dddave

9 hours ago, Emdog said:

Comp to Miami? Looking at photos of Miami, something seems missing: ah.... you can see the ocean! No wall to wall beach umbrellas for miles on end. There are some, but not the abominable levels of Jomtien Beach Information - City of Miami Beach

Beach in Australia 

R.jpg

• Love It 1

I prefer Jomtien beach in south Pattaya way more than Any beach in the Miami area.                                                                                                                      Just my personal choice of course.

23 hours ago, Guderian said:

I think they've just gone completely overboard on it. The beach south of Wat Bun is now more like a stretch of the Sahara desert, a vast expanse of empty sand. You have to walk quite a long way on very hot sand under a burning sun to get from the deck chair vendors to the actual sea. Compare it with the old beach north of Wat bun, where you can just slip out of your deck chair and a few yards away is the sea, and I know which one I prefer. I guess there was more money to me made my the authorities this way, maybe their kick-backs were measured in Baht per ton of sand dredged up, lol?

Totally agree, an utterly pointless exercise for the general public, not the public officials and their contracting families and mates, given so far they can't hold any of the Jomtien beach events there due to the fact that narrow traffic lane stretch and surrounds can't support the number of people seen in Pattaya for the fireworks, music etc. 

Obscene corruption, but the locals had a chance to vote for change and didn't take it so up to them I suppose.

The current expanded Jomtien beach is virtually unusable because a) there is no shade after they cut down all the trees and b) there is very little parking, for cars, on the narrow segment past The Now Hotel.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1