Missouri lawmakers adopt stricter dress code for women in state House

Scott

image.png

Lawmakers in the Missouri House of Representatives this week adopted a stricter dress code for women as part of a new rules package, and now requires them to cover their shoulders by wearing a jacket like a blazer, cardigan or knit blazer.

The addition, which was proposed by Republican state Rep. Ann Kelley, sparked outrage from some Democrats who said the change was sexist because the dress code for men was not altered.

Men in the Missouri House of Representatives are required to wear a jacket, shirt and a tie.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/13/politics/missouri-dress-code-lawmakers-house/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

Bleeding heart liberal as I am, makes sense to me.

You look at Houses of Congress, State House, the men are uniformly wearing suit and tie, whereas the women are pretty much free to wear what they want.

Now do I want my male elected officials wearing shorts and a tee shirt to work, No.

So just come up with a dress code for both genders that's to be observed and is work appropriate

4 hours ago, Scott said:

The addition, which was proposed by Republican state Rep. Ann Kelley, sparked outrage from some Democrats who said the change was sexist because the dress code for men was not altered.

Men in the Missouri House of Representatives are required to wear a jacket, shirt and a tie.

LOL. Do the protesters understand how ridiculous that makes them look?

Good point made by Peter Merideth

”Y’all had a conniption fit the last two years when we talked about maybe, maybe wearing masks in a pandemic to keep each other safer. How dare the government tell you what you have to wear over your face? Well, I know some governments require women to wear things over their face, but here, oh, it’s OK because we’re just talking about how many layers they have to have over their shoulders,” Merideth added.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Bleeding heart liberal as I am, makes sense to me.

You look at Houses of Congress, State House, the men are uniformly wearing suit and tie, whereas the women are pretty much free to wear what they want.

Now do I want my male elected officials wearing shorts and a tee shirt to work, No.

So just come up with a dress code for both genders that's to be observed and is work appropriate

But it wasn’t a dress code for both Genders .

• Like 1