Employing Asians In Thailand

HI,

Does anybody know, or can point me to the right information?

I am thinking about using Non-Thai, Non-Farang workers such as Indian or Phillipines nationals ( for Language skills and relative salary expectations) either employed by my company or self-employed, within Thailand.

Do the same work permit rules apply as for Farangs?

Thanks for any info.

of course not ,

for starters the minimum salary is different .

spelling edit

a minum salary is only as much as the person decides to work for.

the original question asked if work permit requirements are the same...not the workers requirements.

an again the min salaries are not the same .

here ya go http://www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com/Thaila...siness-Visa.php

I'm pretty sure that those are the minimum requirements for getting an extension of stay, not requirements for getting a work permit. As far as I know there are no minimum salary requirements for issuing work permits.

Sophon

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys,

Yes, that sounds right I never had to prove an income for my wp but presumably will have to to renew.

So I have applications from said nationalities currently working (or claiming to be) for largish Bangkok businesses but with lower salaries than they would need for renewal. I suppose that means they are either off the books or on one year contracts, or maybe have two jobs.

Anyway if I still have to employ a ratio of Thai's, it's another non-starter.

Maybe I really will have to relocate.

what business you in sir.

and whats wrong with a thai work force...........lol.

Well it looks like he wants the English language skils PI's and Indians can often offer so that would be wrong with a lot of the Thai workforce in many cases.

I can talk to our Thai staff the way I would any native English speaker (in fact for a lot of native English speakers I would dumb down to a lower level to how I would speak to our Thai staff) but if he is looking to cut costs by employing other Asian staff then he would be better going to their country as I know how much our staff can command with a good oversea's education and fluent written and spoken English.