Rosuvastatin and Irbesartan in Pattaya

ozimoron

My supplies of Rosuvastatin and Irbesartan  I brought from Australia are running out. Past experience has taught me that both are very expensive here in Pattaya. Are there brand equivalents available here which I could use instead and are much cheaper? I don't want to change to Lipitor or Atorvastatin as I really like pomelo and it can be eaten with Rosuvastatin. If not, where would be the cheapest places to buy these medications?

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2023 at 5:55 PM, Sheryl said:

Locally made  brands of these drugs are:

Irbesartan

• Besanta
  • Irbesaratan GPO
  • Bewel
  • Presolin

Rosuvastatin

• Rosuvastatin GPO
  • Chlestor
  • Crestatin
  • K-zuva
  • Otagil
  • Rostatin
  • Rovastor
  • Surotin

Pattaya seems to be difficult for sourcing local generics (there are several large pharmacies in Bangkok good for that). You can try at the main branch of Fascinos.

If no luck, could also purchaser online from:

https://medtide.com/

(have to create an account first, then can search drugs and order. Has local brands of both drugs)

https://medisafepharma.com/

(use the Messenger button to ask for quotes)

Both places are quite reliable and shipping charges are modest

Of these, only Surotin was available at Beach Pharmacy on Pattaya Klang opposite soi Buakhao. 820 baht 30 tabs.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Fascino's in Jomtien, many residents seem unaware that there is a 2nd Fascino's just off Soi Chiayaphreuk.  It is not visible from the roadway though it's distinctive orange sign is.

If you are on Chiyaphreuk going towards Sukhumvit from 2nd Rd, close to Sukhumvit, on the left you will pass an arched entry to a housing estate.  The entry to the Fascinos is the next immediate left.  There will be a laundromat and Fascino's is just past it.

It's been really convenient lately as the Fascino's on Trepasset Rd has been hemmed-in by road construction.

Edited by dddave