One Dead In Restaurant Shooting Involving Drunk Cops

webfact

to serve and protect..........drunks with guns dead people - of corse the big cheese will be along shortly to tell us all  his police force are beyond reproach and stellar officers ..... all of them lol, and lets not add driving drunk on top of the pile of this PR cluster ##

shameful - what a dangerous place this is - you expect things to improve over time ...................... Thailand is seriously getting worse - that is my experience 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, BananaStrong said:

LOS.    Land of Shootings

does the long term multi million baht visa come with free body armour 

who is to blame for this ever increasing backwards progression in Thailand since 2014 ............ guesses              /

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

And the legal closing time is 2am for establishments serving alcohol as we see on a regular basis with raids taking place.

But as usual the BiB are above the law that is served upon everyone else.

Give them a break. They were celebrating Children's Day....:smile:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jippytum said:

Poorly educated police officers with inflated egos should sign weapons in and out before and after every shift to prevent drunken after hours shootouts . The old boys network will keep any investigation under wraps in this case as usual.

What? It wasn't the cops who opened fire first and if they had had to sign in their weapons then there would've been most likely a lot more people who would've died! 

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

"As the policemen’s party was making a lot of noise, the first group told them to quieten down but this triggered a drunken row. A man from the first group then walked to his pickup truck and returned with the M16 rifle and opened fire at the policemen’s group, who also pulled out their firearm and shot back".

So he just happened to conveniently have an M16 in his pick up, remind me not to honk my horn again.

Something we are repeatedly advised not to do - and that there is a powerful argument for not doing it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

So he just happened to conveniently have an M16 in his pick up, remind me not to honk my horn again.

In a southern Thai province having a loaded M16 in his pickup, the man is quite possibly a member of the Volunteer Defense Corps.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Cops out and drunk at 2.40 am ? Wonder if the shift starts at 6 am and they were tanking up for the day

I have done many different shift work hours

6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm, 10pm to 6am.

12 hours on and 12 hours off.

12 hours on and finish when you can.

24 hours on and 24 hours off.

Without knowing what shift hours were worked it is a wasted comment.

My mate had a big argument in a hotel because he wanted steak egg and chips and a bottle of red wine at 10:30am as it was his dinner time.  The restaurant was just finishing the breakfast serving. He got it through room service.

14 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

"As the policemen’s party was making a lot of noise, the first group told them to quieten down but this triggered a drunken row. A man from the first group then walked to his pickup truck and returned with the M16 rifle and opened fire at the policemen’s group, who also pulled out their firearm and shot back".

But safer than <insert name of Western country here> ????

• Thanks 1