One Dead In Restaurant Shooting Involving Drunk Cops

webfact

14 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

"As the policemen’s party was making a lot of noise, the first group told them to quieten down but this triggered a drunken row. A man from the first group then walked to his pickup truck and returned with the M16 rifle and opened fire at the policemen’s group, who also pulled out their firearm and shot back".

So he just happened to conveniently have an M16 in his pick up, remind me not to honk my horn again.

Yes. It took me a while to disconnect the car horn. Guns and machetes too easily fit under drivers seats and motor bike seats.????????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Cops out and drunk at 2.40 am ? Wonder if the shift starts at 6 am and they were tanking up for the day

Sounds fair to me. Likely stuck on the beginners level of Candy Crush or asleep on next shift so no going outside of the air-con office.????????

21 hours ago, smedly said:

does the long term multi million baht visa come with free body armour 

who is to blame for this ever increasing backwards progression in Thailand since 2014 ............ guesses              /

My guess is that the guy with the M16 was a Farang who just brought £20,000 in cash into the country and the police were trying to take it.

8 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Yes. It took me a while to disconnect the car horn. Guns and machetes too easily fit under drivers seats and motor bike seats.????????

Also knowing that they have a lazy police force, if you can call it that, who can be bought, makes them fear punishment less much less than back in the home country where you would worry if your seat belt was fastened before you started your car, let alone carry a weapon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

But safer than <insert name of Western country here> ????

I don't know about that, back home you cannot own a fire arm unless you have a permit which is very hard to get, e.g. own a business that carries a lot of cash or your a member of a gun club.

All guns were asked to be handed in after the Port Arthur massacre and most people complied, get caught with an unregistered gun and you could do 14 years in prison for a pistol or 5 years if other.

That's enough to deter one, however they still do find them amongst feuding rival gangs of a particular ethnicity which are usually linked to bike gang members, and bribing the cops is a non event, albeit it is a nanny state, the cops are respected as law abiding and uphold the law.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 5:52 AM, jippytum said:

Poorly educated police officers with inflated egos should sign weapons in and out before and after every shift to prevent drunken after hours shootouts . The old boys network will keep any investigation under wraps in this case as usual.

After the murder of those poor innocent children and their carers by a policeman in Thailand I brought this topic up with my cousin who used to be a police liaison officer for the US Embassy in Bangkok. My feeling is that all police weapons should be issued as property of the state and managed by a police armourer then returned when going off shift and when the officer retires or is dismissed.  However he told me that Thai police officers are obliged to buy their own weapons hence they own them and there is no legal justification for them to hand them in when coming off shift. or leaving the force Apparently a similar situation exists in the US