Paetongtarn Shinawatra says she is ready to be Pheu Thai’s PM candidate

webfact

It's Prayuth's hand-picked unelected Senators who ultimately decide who is PM, I think it's far more likely that the wily Chidchob proxy Anutin will emerge as the only acceptable head of a Pheu Thai coalition. In terms of greed and personal enrichment they are on a par if not surpass the Shin's.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

When Yingluck started as PM, Prayuth and the military had just finished using live ammunition on civilians - murdering 100 of them.

Dishonesty will get you nowhere.

Dishonesty brought Cha Cha into the chair where he was sitting the last 8 years

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JCauto said:

The fact that she was elected and can lose the following election based on her performance makes her better in every conceivable way

Being elected makes her better in exactly one way, not "in every conceivable way".

It seems you only see black or white. There is a lot of grey out there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You been living under a rock?

The current regime is so bad even you would be an upgrade.

Thailand is at rock bottom - the only way is up. 
Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Details, details, details ........ The last run for the government house saw 6+ million votes for a party nobody ever expected when the dinosaurs pulled the plug, declared party and leadership illegal and hence 6+ million votes got ..... deleted. 

Any other country with a whiff of democracy would have cried foul - to start with. If there would have been a real election error/mistake, the whole process would have been repeated. 

Lets see what 7 May brings this time; maybe they will have to void 7, 8 or 10 million votes - your call and good luck to all - from "under the rock" as suggested ???? 

On 1/16/2023 at 10:25 AM, kingstonkid said:

The people did remove both thaksins.  They dit by protest.  The thing people need to do is learn about democracy.  

The other thing is that people need to get educated about election.  Until that is done the people outside bkk and cities will follow like sheep.

Pat has made promises that it can not do again.  Once the young people find out that there is never going to be a 25k guaranteed salary and people in the country do not get the 600 an hour the cycle will start over again.

Do you really believe that the Thai people removed the Thaksin Shinawatra government in 2006?

A small history lesson for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra#September_2006_coup

On the evening of 19 September 2006, while Thaksin was visiting New York City to attend a UN summit and speak at the Council on Foreign Relations, the army took control of Bangkok. At Government House, some 50 soldiers ordered approximately 220 policemen in the complex to lay down their weapons. Troops also surrounded the Thaicom satellite receiving station and state-run television station Channel 11. By the morning of 20 September, tanks and military vehicles armed with machine guns were stationed at Government House, the Royal Plaza, and Ratchadamnoen Avenue.[161]

Troops participating in the coup were from the 1st and 3rd Army Regions, the Internal Security Operations Command, the Special Warfare Centre, army units from Nakhon Ratchasima and Prachinburi, and navy sailors.[162] According to coup leader Army General Sonthi Boonyaratglin, coup leaders had arrested Deputy Prime Minister Chitchai Wannasathit and Defense Minister Thammarak Isaragura na Ayuthaya

Another small history lesson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yingluck_Shinawatra#2013/14_Opposition_protests,_supreme_court_impeachment_and_coup

On 9 December 2013, Yingluck dissolved the country's parliament and called early elections in the face of anti-government protests.[69]

On 7 May 2014, the Constitutional Court unanimously dismissed Yingluck from office in consequence of her removing an appointee of an earlier government, Thawil Pliensri, from his post as National Security Council secretary-general in 2011. The court deemed the transfer unconstitutional and therefore, removed Yingluck from office.[70]

A few weeks after Yingluck was impeached, the military coup of 2014 occurred.

Please take notice of the last word in each link.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

How did I denigrate anyone? You really read way too much in what I said. It’s not because I don’t like certain persons (although I really don’t like the Shin clan), but it’s because I know they’re not going to be good for Thailand and its people when elected, only good for themselves. So I think it would not be good for Thai people if they voted for Paetongtarn.
That is my opinion. Is it okay with you to state my opinion here? Jeez.

ok guess i missed it..and this was a compliment? strange compliment ..but glad YOU Know it would not be good for Thai people....try "you think" 

And when she becomes PM, her daddy will have another puppet in power, just as he did when Yingluck was PM. And they will be laughing all the way to the bank

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

ok guess i missed it..and this was a compliment? strange compliment ..but glad YOU Know it would not be good for Thai people....try "you think" 

And when she becomes PM, her daddy will have another puppet in power, just as he did when Yingluck was PM. And they will be laughing all the way to the bank

You have a funny way (sarcasm alert) of interpreting my posts. From what I have seen so far from the Shin clan, they don’t give a toss about Thailand or the Thai people, they only care about money and power. So I have no reason to believe it will be different this time, if Paetongtarn were to be elected as PM. That’s why I said I KNOW that that would not be good for Thai people. Like putting your foot in a live bear trap: you just know that is not going to end well.

But, like I said before, that is just my opinion.