Marriage visa Ho Chi Minh

HI I am looking to apply for Non-O in Ho Chi Minh next month, on the website it says takes two working days, does that mean apply monday morning and pick up afternoon next day? or an extra day wait? sorry for the stupid question, but I need to juggle around work and look at flights.

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

No idea sorry, but why not apply in Savannakhet (Laos near Mukdahan). 

There it’s apply morning of day 1 and pickup day 2 after 2pm. 

It's also morning drop off and pm pick up next day at Saigon.

Point of difference is that Saigon requires appointment and Savannakhet does not.

Cheap return flights to Saigon and very convenient for folk handy to Bangkok.

As for turning the visa run into short holiday Saigon hands down winner. 

38 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's also morning drop off and pm pick up next day at Saigon.

Point of difference is that Saigon requires appointment and Savannakhet does not.

Cheap return flights to Saigon and very convenient for folk handy to Bangkok.

As for turning the visa run into short holiday Saigon hands down winner. 

Yhe  that is main reason I chose saigon over Savannakhet, easy to fly to and fancy giving it a visit, thanks for the help everyone

6 hours ago, MJCM said:

No idea sorry, but why not apply in Savannakhet (Laos near Mukdahan). 

There it’s apply morning of day 1 and pickup day 2 after 2pm. 

I'd guess that for many, Savannakhet is not an easy location to get to.  I found it much easier to fly to Ho Chi Minh and had the bonus of visiting a new country - one which I will definitely return to.

Edited by KhaoYai

4 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Last time I was there - March 2020, you did indeed apply one day and collect your visa in the afternoon of the following day - except for Fridays of course.

That has always been the arrangement.

What's important now for anyone dealing with HCMC consulate is that appointment is require and often some time in advance so forward planning required. 

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What's important now for anyone dealing with HCMC consulate is that appointment is require and often some time in advance so forward planning required. 

Yeh next available slot was 24th of Feb so over a month

• Thumbs Up 1

Since you want to use Savannakhet, while minimising time off work, here is my suggestion on travel. Take an overnight VIP bus from Bangkok to Mukdahan. This connects perfectly with the first international bus from Mukdahan into Savannakhet in the morning with no rush to get in your visa application before the 11:00 am cut off time. For the return, after collecting your passport the following day at 2:00 pm, plan on getting an Air Asia fly-ride ticket to return from Mukdahan to Bangkok, arriving in time for a needed night's sleep before work the next morning. There to no reliable way of flying that will get you to Savannakhet in time for the visa application the same day.

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Nothing new, I had to book an appointment in 2020.

On 1/18/2023 at 1:48 AM, DrJack54 said:

The issue is that currently the next available appointment is over 5 weeks away. 

Not suitable unless lot of forward planning. 

A lot of forward planning? Enter visa exempt (45days), book your appointment at Ho Chi Minh, go at the appointed time. Not suitable for some I guess but entirely do-able for most.

14 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

A lot of forward planning?

From my earlier post...

"The issue is that currently the next available appointment is over 5 weeks away" 

5 weeks in advance just to obtain an appointment slot requires forward planning.