Driving licence renewal? DLT takes walk-in applications from now on

webfact

16 hours ago, Patrik95 said:

Apparently, this does not apply to the Pranburi office. In December 2022, you could show up without an appointment to get a Thai driving licence based on an international driving licence, whereas now in January 2023 you have to book an appointment in advance, otherwise they will just check your documents and make an appointment for later. Just today I was with someone to renew a Thai driving licence and overheard several people at other counters being asked for their "online booking confirmation". If they didn't have it, the officer would give them an appointment. So as long as the booking system works, I would rather play it safe and book in advance. 

The e-Learning can be done here: https://www.dlt-elearning.com

And the appointment system can be found here: https://gecc.dlt.go.th/login

Thanks for the heads up. I always go to that office for anything driving license related. Already got some friends of mine their Thai license there because it's such a breeze. Good to know you need to make an appointment now.

Top bad really. I'm not much for appointments. With these sorts of offices, whether it's transport, immigration or an embassy or consulate, I usually just go later in the afternoon. An hour or so before closing time because then things usually go much quicker than during the day. They wanna go home soon after all. I especially avoid the crowds in the morning. But now these online appointment systems are popping up everywhere. I don't call that progress. Still good to know though.