Whats the best 1 year package unlimited (AIS/ Dtac/True)

kwak250

38 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Sounds interesting. I will visit them when I go next time to Big C. The TOT Service Center is on the way.

I was a VERY unhappy TOT Internet customer very many years ago before I changed to TT&T / Maxnet and then when they stopped their business was transferred to 3BB. But perhaps TOT changed... 

I have used TOT for 15 years always have been very good and must have been a year ago the last time i had no internet and that was for about 12 hours

3 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Just bought a 30mbps Dtac so it should be at least as good as my current 20mbps Dtac maybe slightly faster.

Fantastic value for these for a year when internet at home is down or when we are out on our travels

1,524 baht unlimited .

https://shopee.co.th/-ซิมเทพดีแทค-ซิมเทพ-Dtac-ซิมเน็ตรายปี-โทรฟรี-ใช้งาน-1ปี-ซิมสุดคุ้ม-โทรไม่อั้น-ซิม-simเทพ-ซิมรายปี-i.87948031.4635555549

I bought one of these a couple of months back. Using over 200 GB per month, no problem at all. That's about 125 baht/month.

Streaming works fine, but torrents are blocked which can be remedied with a vpn.

Not sure how the recent merger of true and dtac will affect this in the future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kwak250 said:

I still really like TOT but starting to look at changing to True or AIS .

I still am not sure if its worthwhile as i only pay 650 baht a month for 1000/500 and thats is good wifi connections for 4 of us.
The sim i use is going into a t-plink mobile router that is good when we go away which is as often as possible .

Just cancelled the dtac 30mbps as for the last year i was only getting around 10 at best

Lets see what this NT Thunder is like. 
Just purchased for 999baht so not the end of the world if it turns out slow.
I will let you know when i receive it.

With 4 users I would stick to 3BB VDSL. But I am alone ????????????????????????????. Can't blame other people if they block my SIM ????. Yes, please let us know your experience. But I will test TOT later at my location too and report here. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, NextG said:

Is this helpful somehow? ????

I guess my unlimited data at 20Mbps with unlimited free calls at 300 baht per month goes some way to beating it. 

When I upgrade they always tell me keep my package I was shocked the for 900 baht you only get 20 data and 300 minutes 

Most opt for the unlimited volume/fixed bandwidth (10/20/30 Mbps) option, and while there are periodic promotions DTAC does seem to have the only 30 Mbps option at 1,690. It also includes quite a bit, 60 HOURS?, of free voice calls to any provider.

For the limited volume/"unlimited" speed option, True has a nice offer now (Yearly Sim Thep) currently ay 1,190 per year, 1,000 Mbps and 70 GB monthly volume cap. And UNLIMITED free calls to any mobile provider. True and DTAC are about to merge.

https://www.facebook.com/Treemobilembk

Most entry-level 4G routers are limited on the ethernet side to 100 Mbps, and on the WiFi side to 150 Mbps, so if you want the higher speeds you'll have to buy a higher spec router.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Sounds interesting. I will visit them when I go next time to Big C. The TOT Service Center is on the way.

I was a VERY unhappy TOT Internet customer very many years ago before I changed to TT&T / Maxnet and then when they stopped their business was transferred to 3BB. But perhaps TOT changed... 

Yes, it’s NT now ☺️ Note that the Mobile service differs from the Wireless service. Mobile roams, Wireless does not. 

4 hours ago, arick said:

When I upgrade they always tell me keep my package I was shocked the for 900 baht you only get 20 data and 300 minutes 

Of course they would. The promo I mentioned was for new SIM. Though if you were insistent(leaving), they would offer it to you on request. 
A bit late for you, as AIS have stopped their Unlimited capped speed offerings for now. Though they have a Marathon SIM offer to which you can subscribe if on Prepaid. For 1490 baht per annum you get 100 GB of data per month at up to 15Mbps, 60 minutes of free calls to any network and unlimited calls within the network. For existing numbers they offer just the data portion for 1890 baht per annum with Disney + Hotstar access. 

DTAC and Truemove H maintain their Unlimited data at up to 30Mbps and unlimited free calls packages at 265 baht per month. 900 baht seems on the high side unless for Business standard service. 

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Most opt for the unlimited volume/fixed bandwidth (10/20/30 Mbps) option, and while there are periodic promotions DTAC does seem to have the only 30 Mbps option at 1,690. It also includes quite a bit, 60 HOURS?, of free voice calls to any provider.

For the limited volume/"unlimited" speed option, True has a nice offer now (Yearly Sim Thep) currently ay 1,190 per year, 1,000 Mbps and 70 GB monthly volume cap. And UNLIMITED free calls to any mobile provider. True and DTAC are about to merge.

https://www.facebook.com/Treemobilembk

Most entry-level 4G routers are limited on the ethernet side to 100 Mbps, and on the WiFi side to 150 Mbps, so if you want the higher speeds you'll have to buy a higher spec router.

You are just repeating ridiculous advertisements from certain sellers. See if you can find even a single speed test online from a buyer or seller. You’ll likely see speeds of up to 100 Mbps and only only obtain that with 2CA or 3CA.  
Furthermore, even if they were offering 5G, you would need a 5G router. Expect to pay in excess of 20,000 baht for that. Likely in reality, you would use a 5G smartphone. 

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

Explanation two posts above yours. 

Sorry I cannot find the post you are talking about. But are you saying that internet is available on a phone without a SIM card, not using WiFi?

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry I cannot find the post you are talking about. But are you saying that internet is available on a phone without a SIM card, not using WiFi?

Count five above this post in my reply to MM. Seek and you shall find. 

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

You are just repeating ridiculous advertisements from certain sellers. See if you can find even a single speed test online from a buyer or seller. You’ll likely see speeds of up to 100 Mbps and only only obtain that with 2CA or 3CA.  
Furthermore, even if they were offering 5G, you would need a 5G router. Expect to pay in excess of 20,000 baht for that. Likely in reality, you would use a 5G smartphone. 

I am looking desperately for posters with 5G experience in Pattaya. So far no results. Perhaps someone can post at this thread below their experience at least from other locations in Thailand. Best would be 5G router usage. 

Just now, Mickeymaus said:

I am looking desperately for posters with 5G experience in Pattaya. So far no results. Perhaps someone can post at this thread below their experience at least from other locations in Thailand. Best would be 5G router usage. 

No one has a 5G router here. You are patently aware of that. 5G smartphone at best. 

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Count five above this post in my reply to MM. Seek and you shall find. 

Yes, it’s NT now ☺️ Note that the Mobile service differs from the Wireless service. Mobile roams, Wireless does not. 

I guess you mean this one, but I do not understand what it's all about. Please explain again if you have the time, thanks

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Yes, it’s NT now ☺️ Note that the Mobile service differs from the Wireless service. Mobile roams, Wireless does not. 

I guess you mean this one, but I do not understand what it's all about. Please explain again if you have the time, thanks

Mobile means…. you can take it with you and it will connect to other wave bands if necessary.  The Wireless service is on a single waveband. If no service where you are, it will not connect to another band. 

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Mobile means…. you can take it with you and it will connect to other wave bands if necessary.  The Wireless service is on a single waveband. If no service where you are, it will not connect to another band. 

Do you mean that AIS will connect to say DTAC if AIS is unavailable?

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Do you mean that AIS will connect to say DTAC if AIS is unavailable?

AIS has multiple bands at their disposal, as do DTAC and Truemove H. They provide MOBILE service. NT have only Band 40. Their mobile service uses DTAC/AIS infrastructure. Wireless uses Band 40 that DTAC leases from them in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

AIS has multiple bands at their disposal, as do DTAC and Truemove H. They provide MOBILE service. NT have only Band 40. Their mobile service uses DTAC/AIS infrastructure. Wireless uses Band 40 that DTAC leases from them in the first place. 

Thanks, I am beginning to understand. So where would I get NT mobile service please?

On 1/18/2023 at 3:09 PM, MJCM said:

You can get the same for your current number (what I did) at the Ais shop, but it then costs approx 300 THB more (so around 18xx THB total)

Really? What package is that? Do you have a link? Or more info. please?

On 1/18/2023 at 6:32 PM, kwak250 said:

I still really like TOT but starting to look at changing to True or AIS .

I still am not sure if its worthwhile as i only pay 650 baht a month for 1000/500 and thats is good wifi connections for 4 of us.
The sim i use is going into a t-plink mobile router that is good when we go away which is as often as possible .

Just cancelled the dtac 30mbps as for the last year i was only getting around 10 at best

Lets see what this NT Thunder is like. 
Just purchased for 999baht so not the end of the world if it turns out slow.
I will let you know when i receive it.

You should know that DTAC and NT Wireless both use Band 40. So you may be able to use your DTAC SIM to check for Band 40 coverage at your place. Always best to check coverage before purchase. 
NT Wireless allow you to return within seven days if no good to you. 

Edited by NextG
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, NextG said:

You should know that DTAC and NT Wireless both use Band 40. So you may be able to use your DTAC SIM to check for Band 40 coverage at your place. Always best to check coverage before purchase. 
NT Wireless allow you to return within seven days if no good to you. 

Do you have usage experience with this TOT NT wireless?

I will test it and compare it with my DTAC SIM in February. If it has at least the same performance then it is cheaper than the already cheap DTAC option. And for 1 year it would cost only the price of about 1.5 months 3BB VDSL Internet. 

Edited by Mickeymaus