Whats the best 1 year package unlimited (AIS/ Dtac/True)

kwak250

2 hours ago, NextG said:

You should know that DTAC and NT Wireless both use Band 40. So you may be able to use your DTAC SIM to check for Band 40 coverage at your place. Always best to check coverage before purchase. 
NT Wireless allow you to return within seven days if no good to you. 

Hi I have bought from Shopee so it's probably like buying from Del boy.

Should be with me today according to the tracking so I will see how good it is.

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Do you have usage experience with this TOT NT wireless?

I will test it and compare it with my DTAC SIM in February. If it has at least the same performance then it is cheaper than the already cheap DTAC option. And for 1 year it would cost only the price of about 1.5 months 3BB VDSL Internet. 

It's not going to be nearly as good as a 3bb vdsl but I will let you know today as I will have the NT sim soon

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Hi I have bought from Shopee so it's probably like buying from Del boy.

Should be with me today according to the tracking so I will see how good it is.

If you used the link that I posted, that is from the official NT shop, so you should be covered. States a 15 day return there. You will know how it is long before fifteen days is up. 

Well just received the sim card from NT and it seems faster than the Dtac sim at my location but I expect its much better in the city.

Happy with it so far and for the price 999 baht it's a bargain.

Not going to replace a good fiber connection in the house but still for this price it's fantastic as a back up and to go away with as its in the Tp-link mobile WiFi and getting between 8 and 14 mbps at the moment

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Well just received the sim card from NT and it seems faster than the Dtac sim at my location but I expect its much better in the city.

Not going to replace a good fiber connection in the house but still for this price it's fantastic as a back up and to go away with as its in the Tp-link mobile WiFi and getting between 8 and 14 mbps at the moment

It’s not a mobile service, so don’t expect constant connectivity when you travel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Best package for anyone who uses their phone like a phone is DTAC’s Infinity SIM; Unlimited 6Mbps with unlimited calls to any network. From 1140 baht for 12 months. 

Do they really give you only 6 Mbps or is this just a theoretical limit? 

27 minutes ago, NextG said:

It’s not a mobile service, so don’t expect constant connectivity when you travel. 

Yeah I know that but just when we get somewhere for a few nights it should be fine.

Edited by kwak250

14 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Do they really give you only 6 Mbps or is this just a theoretical limit? 

Yes still better than my dtac sim was most of the time.

You would need to check at your location with the 199 baht first.

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

If you wanted/needed a higher speed in general, that could be achieved with the kind of router that can combine bands. Labelled Carrier Aggregation. CA in short. 
Theoretically you can combine 3 x with NT Wireless: Band 40 + Band 40 + Band 40. Theoretically obtaining three times the speed that you are getting now. 

The high speeds that you see advertised(up to 300 Mbps) are in fact only possible using CA. 

Your router is not capable of CA. It’s not essential. 
CA begins on Cat.6 routers(2CA).  Look for Cat. 9 and above for 3CA. Then further if the router can combine that actual bands that you need. 

Of course this is just general information. You need do nothing.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Yes still better than my dtac sim was most of the time.

You would need to check at your location with the 199 baht first.

I have DTAC 30 Mbps with unlimited data. Normally I use 3BB VDSL and I was worried that I will have problems here in Central Pattaya during the high season. But I get my promised 30 Mbps.

In February I will test the NT Thunder package. Has unlimited speed - on the paper... My router has only CAT 4 (150/50 Mbps). But my tablet has CAT 21 (1400/300 Mbps). I am ready for the test ????????????

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update we have also got a 100gb net  marathon sim from Ais and while in Hua Hin staying in a hotel in the centre we were getting much better speeds from the Ais than the Thunder(555) NT sim .

Saying that even at home in Bangkok the Ais was quicker every time we tested was around 13mbps-24mbps

The NT sim was lucky to get 3mbps in Hua hin and since going back to Bangkok it has dropped to 4-5 mbps

The Ais is limited to 100gb a month which is more than enough but the NT is unlimited but so slow that we probably would not use it much.

These are fine for travelling and cheap for 1 year but nothing replaces a quick fibre like TOT at 600 baht 1000/500mbps a month which .

Tempted to move to Ais fibre but not sure it would make any difference .

• Thanks 2

Just an update we have also got a 100gb net  marathon sim from Ais and while in Hua Hin staying in a hotel in the centre we were getting much better speeds from the Ais than the Thunder(555) NT sim .

Saying that even at home in Bangkok the Ais was quicker every time we tested was around 13mbps-24mbps

The NT sim was lucky to get 3mbps in Hua hin and since going back to Bangkok it has dropped to 4-5 mbps

The Ais is limited to 100gb a month which is more than enough but the NT is unlimited but so slow that we probably would not use it much.

These are fine for travelling and cheap for 1 year but nothing replaces a quick fibre like TOT at 600 baht 1000/500mbps a month which .

I will buy the NT Thunder on Monday next week and compare it with my DTAC 30 Mbps unlimited in Central Pattaya. I think DTAC and NT use the network together. 

It always depends on the condo/room. AIS wasn't so good in my condo. But a friend has AIS two floors higher and perhaps 50 meters away and he gets perfect speeds. But my DTAC is much better in my condo than in his. True Move could hardly be used in his condo. 

I will report my DTAC and NT experience after extensive testing at the end of next week. 

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Thanks 2

On 1/18/2023 at 5:16 PM, kwak250 said:

more like 3600 thb total its for a year!

How do you come to that amount??

1890 THB it costs (if you want to keep your own number). See screenshot 15Mbps and 100GiB per month (and free Disney Hotstar)

Clipboard01.jpg.d74c7c86f0f50398e9421cf899d3edfa.jpg

Edited by MJCM

10 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Thank you for your time and effort! 3 Mbps is enough for me on the very rare occasions when away from home and shop. However, the AIS would be more satisfying. Your fibre TOT is very good value. I would agree that no point in switching.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Fibre via Wi-Fi, assuming you have 5GHz capability will be 5 to 20 times faster unless you have a solid 5G connection. My network is limited to 300 300 as I only pay 260 a month and my iPad regularly sees 260Mbps ~ 300Mbps so unless you are seeing that on your network the fibre will smoke the OTA connection.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Fibre via Wi-Fi, assuming you have 5GHz capability will be 5 to 20 times faster unless you have a solid 5G connection. My network is limited to 300 300 as I only pay 260 a month and my iPad regularly sees 260Mbps ~ 300Mbps so unless you are seeing that on your network the fibre will smoke the OTA connection.

Can you share which provider offers 300 / 300 package for 260thb? Was it a special promotion?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, niccodemi said:

Can you share which provider offers 300 / 300 package for 260thb? Was it a special promotion?

It is TOT and virtually every package is a special promotion And I may have misremembered as SWMBO pays the bill so it maybe 360. We were originally on a 30/10 service but when I called them a couple of years after installing that looking for the 400/400 package I was told that wasn’t available here in deepest Issan, so I was given 300/300 and the original price dropped while the speed jumped 10 X. What’s not to like?

199DB46F-2326-44A6-9B03-619016915403.thumb.jpeg.51170191e839bdc623641a827a01e4f2.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2023 at 8:17 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

I was looking at changing from TOT (NT)

590 baht a month 1000/500

To Ais Fibre but packages seem almost the same and speeds from my current Fibre connection to pc are more than fast enough .

For the home I would never be able to give up the fibre connection as it keeps 4 of us with extremely quick Internet.

• Thanks 1

I was looking at changing from TOT (NT)

590 baht a month 1000/500

To Ais Fibre but packages seem almost the same and speeds from my current Fibre connection to pc are more than fast enough .

For the home I would never be able to give up the fibre connection as it keeps 4 of us with extremely quick Internet.

Good info thanks! It's wise to keep informed of what is currently available. I'm paying the same amount as you but for True 300/300. It's been that way since 2018 because that's fast enough for the two of us and, as far as I remember, it's never let me down. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Good info thanks! It's wise to keep informed of what is currently available. I'm paying the same amount as you but for True 300/300. It's been that way since 2018 because that's fast enough for the two of us and, as far as I remember, it's never let me down. 

If you haven’t changed the price/data limit for 4 years you can almost certainly get the same for cheaper or more speed for the same money.

• Thanks 1