"teaspoon" And "tablespoon"...

webworldly

1. Teaspoon = chon cha (??????)

2. Tablespoon = chon Dtoh (????????) sorry not good at spelling.. the "Dt" sound is like.. the "T" after the "S" in the words like.. sTop, sTart, sTeal, sTudent.

Sorry my thai font doesn't work well on this website... so you might not be able to read my thai writing..

1. Teaspoon = ช้อนชา

2. Tablespoon = ช้อนโต๊ะ or ช้อนคาว

I do want to mention that a tablespoon can also be referred to as ช้อนคาว (chaawn khaao), which if you are looking at transliterated thai words, ช้อนชา (chaawn chaa) and ช้อนคาว (chaawn khaao) can look similar. I am learning thai myself, but in this situation, I think it really helps that I learned the thai alphabet first.

I have never heard a thai person say ช้อนคาว "chawwn khaao" for tablespoon. I have only heard them say ช้อนโต๊ะ "chaawn dto". I have, however, seen ช้อนคาว "chawwn khaao" in thai recipes before.

1. Teaspoon = ช้อนชา

2. Tablespoon = ช้อนโต๊ะ or ช้อนคาว

I do want to mention that a tablespoon can also be referred to as ช้อนคาว (chaawn khaao), which if you are looking at transliterated thai words, ช้อนชา (chaawn chaa) and ช้อนคาว (chaawn khaao) can look similar. I am learning thai myself, but in this situation, I think it really helps that I learned the thai alphabet first.

I have never heard a thai person say ช้อนคาว "chawwn khaao" for tablespoon. I have only heard them say ช้อนโต๊ะ "chaawn dto". I have, however, seen ช้อนคาว "chawwn khaao" in thai recipes before.

Thailanguagestudent, Yee, Neeranam....thank you so very much! I am now well equipped to cook delicious recipes! (OK, they may not be delicious, but at least they will have the right amount of ingredients in them....lol!!!)

And Thailanguagestudent.....it looks like you've made fantastic progress in your Thai studies...well done. :-)

CHEERS!

D