Non Imm O based on Retirement (800,000).

Helping a friend do his application. He currently does not have UK internet banking. Bit of a technophobe, plus visually impaired.

I am trying to teach him, but after reading all the scam stories, and considering his impairment, he doesn't trust sending money that way. Worried he might press the wrong button.

So to my question about transferring the THB800,000.  As far as immigration is concerned, would it be acceptable for it to be sent to his Thai account by his son from his son's UK account?

Or does it have to come from his own UK account? 

TIA

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

As long as your friend's local bank codes the transaction as a wire-in from overseas or overseas remittance, it shouldn't* matter who's account it comes from. Not all banks do this as they may not be direct correspondent banks with the foregn bank. Thus the money arrives via another Thai bank and is transferred domestically. These transaction would be coded as a local deposit and immigration typically won't accept that.

However, some immigration offices also want to know the exact source of these remittances, ie. pension, etc.. I trust your friend isn't dealing with that sort of assholery at his local immigration office.

Good luck.

* Original wording was it doesn't matter but once again, there may be a pedantic local immigration officer exercising their legal right to request more information make it up as they go along .

His local bank is Bangkok Bank.