30 day extension followed by 7 day extension?

9 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

Do they have a 7 day extension possible after the 30 day extension?

It's not an extension.

Yes possible to obtain 7 days to exit Thailand after an application is rejected.

Guess ok plan if you just require 7 days for flight booking etc.

Why not do quick border run. 

• Like 1

The visa exempt entry has been 45 days since July last year as I recall? It will stay until 31st March with talk of extending to the end of the year. 

You can extend the 45 days only once, and only for 30 days. I don't know if they will give you an additional 7 days to leave when they refuse your request after your 75 day stay 

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Is it possible to get this 7 day "extension" a week in advance or do you have to go on the day your permission to stay expires?

No need to go on day of expiry.

However if handy to your immigration office chat with them about your plan. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Is it possible to get this 7 day "extension" a week in advance or do you have to go on the day your permission to stay expires?

i just did my 1st ext few days ago.......the guy said to me when i thanked him that i could also extend the 30 day ext with a 7 day...providing i pay the 1900 bt again

i always go in a day early in case there are some new hoops to jump thru...the DAY you go in and do it will be the START of the next one..so u are basically giving up your paid days if you want to begin the NEXT ext.....which all cost the 1900 bt.....

id say its a emergency option to avoid paying the usual 500 bt/day overstay fine

you visa/passport is valid until midnight on the date stamp aka june 30..valid until 30th ends

so you would have to wait until last day of current stamp to add the 7 days at 1900 bt fee

or you leave the country and come back in as i use the 2 allowed border hops at mae sai burma and walk out and come back and extend those 2 "hops" giving me 6 months total--

all exempts extended   30+ext    burma hop 30+ext    2nd burma hop 30 +ext   = 6 months

been doing it this way since 2008 with an few long hauls to laos for an actual thai visa

• Like 1

As long as you request a (denied) extension before your current permission to stay ends, it is 100% normal to be given the seven days to leave the country. Note that this is not a regular extension. It is an order to leave that, short of a critical medical issue, must be complied with.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

As long as you request a (denied) extension before your current permission to stay ends, it is 100% normal to be given the seven days to leave the country. Note that this is not a regular extension. It is an order to leave that, short of a critical medical issue, must be complied with.

But presumably the one day grace period at the airport still applies? My plan is to buy a very early morning ticket so technically an overstay of a couple of hours but they usually don't fine for this at the airport.

14 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

But presumably the one day grace period at the airport still applies? My plan is to buy a very early morning ticket so technically an overstay of a couple of hours but they usually don't fine for this at the airport.

Perhaps you should have stated that earlier.

For a one day overstay you will still have overstay noted in pp and yes not fined for one day overstay.

Does not need to be early am flight. 

BTW it's not "technically an overstay" 

It's an overstay an noted in pp (not always but should be) 

No fine. 

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

However, an overstay when under an order to leave (even if only by one day) will be considered a more serious infraction

Don't follow.

As I posted above .

Even if exit by one day without "order to leave" you may have overstay notation on pp.

Yes zero consequences but good to be avoided. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1