Bangkok Bank help

1happykamper

I need to open a Bangkok Bank account. Both branches in Jomtien area want a certificate of residency. Immigration is a crowded mess right now... Sooooo...

Who knows a bkk bank branch that will open an account with no residency certificate? Passport and non-O visa is what I have. 

Thanks 

Edited by 1happykamper

23 minutes ago, dddave said:

I have to pay a surcharge with every deposit

Open an account with TTB, the biggest advantage  'No surcharge nationwide'

TTB does not have Provincial nonsense as other banks have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Open an account with TTB, the biggest advantage  'No surcharge nationwide'

TTB does not have Provincial nonsense as other banks have.

OP probably wants BB of a reason...ie visa

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

I doubt if you can. I wanted a SCB account, tried many branches but they all wanted a residence certificate.

Lucky for you. Poor, unfriendly, service generally, apart from a small number of branches. I have had accounts at SCB since Standard Chartered closed their retail business here, and my impression is they are none too keen on westerners.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dddave said:

Just go to Immigration about 3pm.  The lines are short by then and things get done more quickly.

Funny man 555. I've been here at immigration since 2pm... I did the same last Thursday.. 2pm...but quickly decided to return on a better day. Like today. 

Jomtien immigration is a mess! I have to wait.. I need this... But I'm guessing.. Standing for 90 minutes. I'm 72 years old.. Fit. But still.. This is absolutely BS 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, captpkapoor said:

I opened an account with Bangkok Bank at HQ branch on Silom Road, while I only had a tourist visa at that time. 

Same for me in january 2018. They didn't ask anything except, if my memory serves me right, a copy of my passport certified by my (french) embassy.

At that time I was on visa exempt and staying in an apartment hotel.

I could not get their application. I got it once I got a Non-O Visa.

Send me an PM please. I will get somebody to help you. You PM me. I send my email. You keep my details private.

I've helped many people but this is NOT a Bank channel. You will be contacted and an appointment setup at a branch

Thanks

Hua Hin Immigration has a separate window (behind the normal building) for creating these residency certificates.  That window (and the next door copy and photo shop) are very efficient, and will have it all done within 30-60 minutes.  Do you really need to stand in the usual line at Jomtien Immigration to get the Residency Certificate?

• Thumbs Up 1

I can only suggest you go to the main one on second Rd, Pattaya at the top of soi 6. It really doesn't matter at which branch you open it, as I seem to be able to do everything wherever I go.  The account numbers do not seem to be branch specific.... 

Always felt the branches in Jomtien were very much in cahoots with immigration, along with the driving licence place, requiring their silly residence letters at 300 baht a pop!

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, captpkapoor said:

I opened an account with Bangkok Bank at HQ branch on Silom Road, while I only had a tourist visa at that time. 

Yeah me too. I opened mine BBK on Sukhumvit Nana area with only a 30-day visa exempt stamp...but the year was 2000. Things have changed since then. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seattlite said:

Hua Hin Immigration has a separate window (behind the normal building) for creating these residency certificates.  That window (and the next door copy and photo shop) are very efficient, and will have it all done within 30-60 minutes.  Do you really need to stand in the usual line at Jomtien Immigration to get the Residency Certificate?

Incredibly... Yes! Just for a, simple certificate. Lots of 90 day reporters also in same linel. Like I said before.. >ts a mess there. Krabi immigration... 10 minutes and usually no waiting. Fortunately I'll be returning to Chiang Mai soon... It's little better there. 

22 hours ago, mushroomdave said:

Did you try the Bangkok Bank branch across the road from Thepprasit Night Market

Yes I did. No they won't. I have a nonI visa AND BKK Bank account in Chiang Mai! Bloody idiots can't think logically 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 11:40 PM, 1happykamper said:

Jomtien immigration is a mess! I have to wait.. I need this... But I'm guessing.. Standing for 90 minutes. I'm 72 years old.. Fit. But still.. This is absolutely BS 

Ask the chap in front of you to hold your spot while you sit down.

I don’t mind this at all and am happy to do it. It costs me nothing. When they are close just walk over in front of him, have a short chat, and take your place behind when people realize your with him and we’re just waiting on the side.

On 1/25/2023 at 11:05 PM, Seattlite said:

You need to stand a long line just to get inside!