Proof of Residence for Retirement Extension

Need to extend next month and this will be first extension since I bought my Condo.  In the past have always had copy of Rental Contract, but now I obviously do not have this...internet search (including the usually excellent PCEC site) not helpful in telling me what - if anything - I now need.  Chanote?  Blue Book?

PH

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have a read of this thread.

OP has his own condo. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1247990-tm30-form-completion/

Unless I am misreading, that is all about completing TM30, not TM7 and supporting documents for extending my stay (Retirement).

My Condo Office completes TM30 for everyone - my query is what do I take this year where I have always taken a Lease Agreement previously.

PH

9 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

My Condo Office completes TM30 for everyone - my query is what do I take this year where I have always taken a Lease Agreement previously.

You take a TM30 that you file yourself since you own the condo as stated below...

"Need to extend next month and this will be first extension since I bought my Condo."

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You take a TM30 that you file yourself since you own the condo as stated below...

"Need to extend next month and this will be first extension since I bought my Condo."

^ +1

And just in case take your Chanote and a Copy with you as well

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Phulublub said:

what - if anything - I now need.  Chanote?  Blue Book?

If you have a "Blue Book" then I'm guessing the Condo is in your wife's name so her ID alongside a letter confirming that you live there should be enough. 

If you have a "Yellow Book" then that should be suffice as proof of address. 

If the Condo is in a Thai Company name then I'm assuming you'll be able to get a letter from the accountant/lawyer to prove you live there

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

If you have a "Blue Book" then I'm guessing the Condo is in your wife's name so her ID alongside a letter confirming that you live there should be enough. 

If you have a "Yellow Book" then that should be suffice as proof of address. 

If the Condo is in a Thai Company name then I'm assuming you'll be able to get a letter from the accountant/lawyer to prove you live there

Condo in my name, but I have a Blue Book....

Online TM30 done, so no paperwork for that and am still in the dark as to what I need to take, officially, though can se me going armed with Chanote, Blue Book, and copies of both.

PH

• Thumbs Up 1

I took a photocopy of the Blue Book for my apartment building. It does not have my name in  it, but is always accepted for proof of where I live, and has been for years.

The IO then stapled a piece of paper in my passport that acknowledges that I have reported my address to them. That paper stays in my passport and I even  photocopy it along with all passport pages  each year as part of my retirement extension renewal.

Obviously different for each Imm Office.

HTH

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Online TM30 done, so no paperwork for that and am still in the dark as to what I need to take, officially, though can se me going armed with Chanote, Blue Book, and copies of both.

PH

Of course you should take it all...and then some! Never know with these nitwits. Better to be prepared for whatever possible flaming hoops they may throw at you. 

Another backup proof of residency I have in my pile of proofs when doing extensions is: a letter, utility bill in your name with your current address.

It has never been asked for, but if they suddenly demand it trying to flex immigration muscle and make things difficult, I shall nonchalantly produce it on the spot with a smile an thwart the nefarious attempt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phulublub said:

PH

I go to immi loaded for bear LOL.  Taking too much is better than not taking enough.

Get a letter from the Condo saying that you own the unit and take all your papers.  Immigration already has you living in the unit as you have reported it on your 90 day.

Mine is int eh GF name and I took her and all her papers PT imm did not even blink an eye or ask for proof of living residence.

7 hours ago, Phulublub said:

PH

Sorry I thought all Condo purchases under the "Foreign Quota" came with a Yellow Book but clearly you can buy a Condo in Foreign name and have a Blue Book (albeit your name cannot be on it) - As a newbie to buying property in Thailand are you able to get a Yellow Book for your condo or does having the Blue book mean you can't do this?

As others have said I would take everything that had my name & address on it to Immigration, if you're really concerned then maybe can go beforehand & get a residency certificate (say you need it to buy a car/motorcycle or for your Tax return) & take that along as well. 

14 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

...As a newbie to buying property in Thailand are you able to get a Yellow Book for your condo or does having the Blue book mean you can't do this?...

Yes, you can get a yellow house registration book. I got mine for my condo unit in Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

Update...down to ChonBuri Immigration this morning.    Some pointers:

1.  ChonBuri require you to wear a mask.  Available for those who forget for THB20 at photcopy shop outside.

2. For extensions, do not join the (long) snake outside the door.  Go to exit door and tell guard you are there for extension...straight inside for queue ticket.

3. I was 018.  017 was being served when I got to the desk so I just had time to sign all my photocopies before I was called.

34 I hadn't realised the first entry in my bank book was dated 3 March last year...oops.  They want to make sure you had the 800K for the two months after renewal.  (As an aside, I went down last year as 90 day online was not working so while there I actually did the two month 800K check...just confirms that this is not actually recorded anywhere).  Luckily, I was able to downlaod a statement for the missing days to my phone, outside to copy shop, Line message, print, back inside...phew.  Note - they wanted to see funds from the date I did my renewal last year (15 Feb) not date my current extension started (22 Feb).

5.  I had copies of Chanote (front and back), Blue Book, and Purchase Form.  This was accepted and confirmed as being correct, eough and not too much.  Back pack full of originals and other paperwork not needed.

Staff as helpful and polite as ever.  Arrived at 0930, out at 1015 despite my self inflicted errors.  Back Monday to pick up passport with new stamp and get first Re-entry stamp in four years.

PH

• Thumbs Up 1

When I went for my 90-day Type-O Visa (for reason of retirement) in Phuket Immigration I was asked for the Blue Book for my condo, copy of the ID of the Thai person's name on the Blue book, and for a copy of the deed ! 

I jointly own that foreign freehold condo with my Thai wife, where her name is on the "Blue Book".  However she has subsequently transferred her 'official residence' to another property she owns, so according to her, having her name on the 'blue book' for our jointly owned condo is misleading as to it being her residence (for tax reasons).   For reasons not fully understood by me (my wife says tax reasons), my wife dislikes having to provide a copy of the Blue book for our jointly owned condo,  when her principle residence (according to official government records) is her other property.

So I instead provided copies of my Yellow Book for the condo and a copy of the deed, and Immigration accepted that.  

Roll for forward almost 2 months later and I applied for a 1-year extension on my permission to stay on my Type-O Visa.  Again I provided a copy of my Yellow book and a copy of the deed, and they again accepted that.

Edited by oldcpu