TM30 form completion.

I am trying to make sense of the items I am required to fill out on the TM30 form shortly after I arrive in Bangkok as I will stay at my own condo.  First item at the top “Written at” what does this relate to?  In the address it asks for the following items to also be completed “Line”, no idea what this means.  “Sub District, District and Province.  Is Bangkok the province?  In which case am confused as to district and sub district.  Also why is it requiring address details twice on the same form?  Very confused. Any help as to how I am meant to fill this in would be appreciated.  

In Bangkok districts are called Khets and then there are sub districts called a Khwaeng. (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_districts_of_Bangkok ) If you look at that the address for you condo you will be able to Identify your khet and then find the khwaeng  using the info on that page.

The first address is meant for the owner to complete and that would normally be where they are living. In your case it is the same address in both lines.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

Don't forget you can do it online - that is if you're not ????

That might not be worth the time to do the registration for doing them. It is good for those doing a lot of reports but his might be a one time requirement unless enters with a new visa.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments.  I will enter on either a 30 day visa exempt or 60 day tourist visa.  Plan to then apply for an O - retirement visa.  May travel around Thailand or overseas later so the online option may be useful later.   My main concern initially is having it filled in correctly so it doesn’t affect my visa application.  Which website do I use to complete this on line by the way? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The first address is meant for the owner to complete and that would normally be where they are living. In your case it is the same address in both lines.

I filled in my Condo address and then thought I stuffed up when it asked for address again. I figured I was meant to include my Ausralia address first so glad you cleared up that I just write the same address twice

Btw, I tried to get a new form to correct and officer said "no-one care what you write above, only bottom matters" referring to the official officer entry at bottom of form lol

Its fine do to this online, but do NOT do this on the Website - the website doesn’t work properly and you’ll end up in a circular error. 

Use the Section38 App (on Google Play or Apple App Store - Thailand location App store).

Online Registration (by the house master) is easy enough and pretty quick - it takes about 10mins and the Log-in and Password verification etc is returned very quickly.

There are of course issues with the idiosyncratic nature of bureaucratic form filling and its not exactly user friendly... 

As you have found out particularly with the address etc can be confusing...  Area’s have district, sub-districts etc 

The person registering (the house master) will obviously need to have their registration documents ready. 

i.e. House Book (with house ID number), Personal ID etc...    

Once the house master has ‘registered’ their house and themselves, they can then register you as a guest - this takes about 10mins...  

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

Good to know.  Where did you do your in person report?  

Jomtien. As you don't seem too familiar with the process, here is some guidance.

You need a copy of passport ID page, entry stamp page and TM6 departure card, as well as a copy of your condo chanote. Regs say it must be done in 24 hours but they allow 3 days to cover week-ends. Since you're applying for Imm O, there is a 1600 baht TM30 fine if you stay at your condo and don't do it (but if you don't need to go to immigration they don't care if you do TM30 or not lol)

Edited by aussiexpat

That’s great, thanks.   Yea a complete novice with all this stuff so appreciate the guidance.  I gather that Chanote means a copy of my title deed which I can provide.  I’ll be in Bangkok so will figure it out.  Thanks for the guidance. 

12 hours ago, HKexpat said:

That’s great, thanks.   Yea a complete novice with all this stuff so appreciate the guidance.  I gather that Chanote means a copy of my title deed which I can provide.  I’ll be in Bangkok so will figure it out.  Thanks for the guidance. 

Most useful will be the Dark Blue House Book - Tabien Baan (blue for Thais / Yellow for Foreigners) - in which the House owners name is registered. 

This contains the required key information: Specifically the ‘individual house number’ which not actually the address number but a ‘registered reference number of the house’ and is 11 numbers (ours is).

Thanks Richard, I presume I am classed as the house master as I would be the person registering.  With regards to the house book.  I only have a blue book as the condo was purchased from a thai friend who bought it and then transferred the contract rights etc to me for a small profit.  I never applied for nor do I have a yellow book which I think I should have.  The title deed however is in my name as I checked this is done and as I have only owned the condo for around 4 years I figured I’d wait until the 5 years is up and apply for a yellow book if I need it later.   I don’t think my name is in the blue book as this is only for Thais.  Do you know whether this creates an issue to me doing the reporting online?

11 hours ago, HKexpat said:

Thanks Richard, I presume I am classed as the house master as I would be the person registering.  With regards to the house book.  I only have a blue book as the condo was purchased from a thai friend who bought it and then transferred the contract rights etc to me for a small profit.  I never applied for nor do I have a yellow book which I think I should have.  The title deed however is in my name as I checked this is done and as I have only owned the condo for around 4 years I figured I’d wait until the 5 years is up and apply for a yellow book if I need it later.   I don’t think my name is in the blue book as this is only for Thais.  Do you know whether this creates an issue to me doing the reporting online?

This may get a little tricky. 

The ‘House Master’ is the person registered in the Blue Tabien Baan, in which only Thai’s can be registered (even for a Condo - although some foreigners have inexplicably been entered into a blue book and will no doubt come online and make this claim - its a clerical error)...  A foreigner can be entered in the Yellow Tabien Baan Book which would accompany the Blue Tabien Baan house / Condo book. 

In this case you are the owner and ’should’ be registered in a Tabien Baan (ownership) book - but as you mentioned, this is not the case - there is no major issue with that. 

This moves into an area where I am less confident of my answer - others may be able to provide more accurate information. 

You could try and register using the details in the existing blue book, specifically the unit reference number (11 digits or there about). 

If you can successfully register with the Property information you have with your details (i.e. Submit a copy of the Blue Book, Your Passport and maybe Title Deed) that may be accepted (I think the registration is automatic - it was for my Wife with a Log in ID and Password issued within minutes ). 

You may then be able to submit your the TM30 notification of registration. 

Its a hassle, but can be done from your arm chair and once its done its done. 

• Thanks 1

A slightly separate point on the TM30...

Frequency of filing a TM30.

Following a lot of media attention a couple of years ago the regulations were relaxed somewhat - where a TM30 (house masters responsibility) and a TM28 (guests responsibility) were required at guests arrival at every single new address every time, the TM28 was abolished and only a TM30 was required (hotel or house masters responsibility).

Hotels are required to fill a TM30 upon the arrival of each guest. 

A ‘house master’ is required to fill out a TM30 upon the arrival of resident.

It was announced that re-filing a new TM30 is not required when a residential guess (or yourself) pop away for a weekend etc.

I was of the understanding that once I’ve filed a TM30 at my existing residence I’ll not need to do so again unless I move to a new residence even if I have stayed at a hotel or elsewhere in between.

I was recently informed that the TM30 is valid for a year - when asking where this was listed the answer was only ‘it was in the news’ !!!!....

I am unable to find any official requirements.

It seems as long as there is a ’semi-recent’ TM30 filing no one really cares.

As such, some folk just get a local hotel to file a TM30 just before they make an immigration visit !!!! 

This may mean that they book a night at a local cheap hotel (only for TM30 purposes !).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

......there is a 1600 baht TM30 fine if you stay at your condo and don't do it (but if you don't need to go to immigration they don't care if you do TM30 or not lol

The OP is applying for a non O ..

"I will enter on either a 30 day visa exempt or 60 day tourist visa. Plan to then apply for an O - retirement visa"

Thanks Richard,  as I currently in HK the app is not available to download on via my apple App Store here so will check it out once I get to Thailand.   I think I’ll probably do it in person for the first time or at least until I am able to do the O-retirement visa application.   I can then be a little more adventurous in trying the blue book info for future registrations. Thanks  

Thanks Richard, I will keep that in mind as another option too.  I guess I will have to at least 1 night accommodation at a hotel if test and go is still working so the hotel will presumably do the first one.   However to keep my ducks in a row I’ll get one done when I arrive at the condo as well.  

3 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

.   I can then be a little more adventurous in trying the blue book info for future registrations

Ongoing you won't require TM30 reports. 

In future you would only need TM30 for change of address. 

As Richard has pointed out you need this for your non O application (since you own your condo).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HKexpat said:

Thanks Richard,  as I currently in HK the app is not available to download on via my apple App Store here so will check it out once I get to Thailand.   I think I’ll probably do it in person for the first time or at least until I am able to do the O-retirement visa application.   I can then be a little more adventurous in trying the blue book info for future registrations. Thanks  

Fair enough... 

On that - If you switch to the Thai App store - you can download the App, then switch back and thats that.

It is actually quicker to do it yourself than the travel all the way to immigration etc...

Once its in the system, you can double check that the TM30 is there and then you know you are all good... 

As below (as you can see by the dates - I went through this process yesterday, even though I’d arrived on 9th Nov) - I (Wife and I) couldn’t remember the previous log in and Passport, so we simply re-registered and filed a new TM30.

Note: You will need a TM6 reference number - so you’d need to file the TM30 after arrival.

IMG_0968.JPG

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Ongoing you won't require TM30 reports. 

In future you would only need TM30 for change of address. 

As Richard has pointed out you need this for your non O application (since you own your condo).

I was just advised that its yearly....  But, as with all ‘official advice’ no one really knows so they just tell us something. 

But... as the TM30 requires a TM6 number I’m guessing that it needs to be filed at least on every re-entry to Thailand. 

But... as you mention... it is only the Immigration Office which handles any in country Visa application or Extension of stay who actually look at this. 

It doesn’t really matter if someone files a TM30 the day before they attend immigration - it just matters that Immigration can see a ‘record’.

IF someone is simply coming in and out of Thailand and doesn’t visit any immigration office it never matter if they file a TM30 or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Since you're applying for Imm O, there is a 1600 baht TM30 fine if you stay at your condo and don't do it (but if you don't need to go to immigration they don't care if you do TM30 or not lol)

That was my post, but what you qouted

"......there is a 1600 baht TM30 fine if you stay at your condo and don't do it (but if you don't need to go to immigration they don't care if you do TM30 or not lol"

followed by

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP is applying for a non O ..

"I will enter on either a 30 day visa exempt or 60 day tourist visa. Plan to then apply for an O - retirement visa"

You have very selected reading tonight lol

Btw, I thought editing people's posts and posting them as real quotes was against the rules ????

Edited by aussiexpat

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF someone is simply coming in and out of Thailand and doesn’t visit any immigration office it never matter if they file a TM30 or not. 

True.

The op has his own condo.

In my case always just had a lease.

So 10 years here in Bangkok and never done one TM30. 

Thanks for your posts re  TM30 process. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

That was my post, but what you qouted

"......there is a 1600 baht TM30 fine if you stay at your condo and don't do it (but if you don't need to go to immigration they don't care if you do TM30 or not lol"

followed by

You have very selected reading tonight lol

Fair enough.

Tip: lose the lol after your posts.

It's childish. 

Thanks Richard, I’ll see if I can register with the blue house book first although am pretty sure my name isn’t in it, and as mentioned I don’t yet have a yellow book.  However as I have the Title deed registered in my name maybe it’s ok still to try this route first.   Otherwise if I plan to register for the O-Retirement via CW do I need to also go to the same place to physically do the report for the TM30 as well do you know? Thanks

11 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Thanks, love being called a child at 56 years old...am I allowed to smile ????

Smile no problem.

Being a fellow Ozzy I want you lose the lol. 

LMAO is not even up for discussion. 

Edited by DrJack54