True internet

Kwasaki

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Havnt read all previous. We had,a similar issue. Doesnt matter when you gave any notice or when you claimed to cease use. All they go by us the date you walk in with the equipment. Settle the account ther and then and thats it. Anything else will not work. Doesnt fit the little boxes they tick anf will just create unnrccesary hassle. BIG SMILE pay and leave.

That's what my Mrs did walked in with, TV router, remote and associate cables and plug in stuff.

The main router, cables and main plug in thingy and wouldn't accept it.

I said to the mrs why didn't you just leave it there and tell em there getting no more.

No can she said, that's why the post. 

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

That's what my Mrs did walked in with, TV router, remote and associate cables and plug in stuff.

The main router, cables and main plug in thingy and wouldn't accept it.

I said to the mrs why didn't you just leave it there and tell em there getting no more.

No can she said, that's why the post. 

Respectfully suggest she do it again and see the Manager or atleast some other drone .

They have to accept it or give a clear reason as to why not, "cannot" is not enough.

Atleast that way you'll know what the actual issue is.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I suspect you had 'automatic renewal' and they want you to pay til the end of that period.

We did, ended in December when the Mrs took in the stuff that was taken out. 

I really just want my Mrs to tell them she is boss not them. ????????

To polite and kind.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Thanks for that. I don't know if the Thailand mobile 'phone/Internet Service Providers have a shared database of defaulters or not. If they do it could restrict (or even prevent) you signing up with a different one. 

In U.K. I refused to pay for the remaining term of my broadband contract after disconnection. I received several threatening letters from a firm of debt collecting 'solicitors'. After a while they stopped sending them. I checked on-line and the debt (£150 GBP) had been written off. 

Don't know if in Thailand that if you do not pay a disputed bill but in the UK it can result in giving you a black marker against your name or address for your credit rating which makes borrowing or mortgages difficult .

I recently cancelled a 3BB internet service as I was paying for 1 gb but only getting between 30 & 100 mb . Many visits by their technicians , to no avail ( said it was my devices ,BS ) . We called their call centre to cancel and they said we must go to our local 3BB shop and hand over the router along with the contract and show I.D. card but wait for them to phone you first to allow the cancellation . It took a week for them to call followed by a tech who collected the router and no further charges.  Internet here in Thailand is pot luck . I once had TOT by signal that was up & down , 3BB fibre but often a problem . Now have a local company at half the 3BB price and a guaranteed 200 mbps . So far so good .

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

We did, ended in December when the Mrs took in the stuff that was taken out. 

I really just want my Mrs to tell them she is boss not them. ????????

To polite and kind.

Good luck to you. I quit after 9 months living in a condo, because I returned to USA; GF had same problem with True after we returned the equipment and paid last months service. True wanting 3 months of extra payment. She says F.ck em; against the law for True (maybe others) to dun you for that money.  Hope she is right; she seems adamant.

Oh, that was March 2020 I had to return for the IRS obligations.

Edited by IAMHERE
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Go into the  True office yourself or phone them for clarification. I find their internet in my area is on and off but they always get back to me quickly if I have a query.

Thanks, phoning was never a problem, getting True engineers to fix the cutting off all the time was a joke. 

That's why my wife told them she doesn't want internet from them anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2023 at 9:14 AM, Kwasaki said:

I don't understand contract Thai laws does anyone here know what True are trying to do. !!!!!

Me too ...... my misses signed up for True (without my permission), after a couple of months she stopped paying.

Every year they sent a letter from a solicitor asking for money, I just chucked them in the bin.

4 years later they made her a new offer, 399bht/month 1000/200 + router + Tv box + free call internet sim.

Same house, same name, seems they forgot about the money she didn't pay.

I'm still sticking with 3BB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Me too ...... my misses signed up for True (without my permission), after a couple of months she stopped paying.

Every year they sent a letter from a solicitor asking for money, I just chucked them in the bin.

4 years later they made her a new offer, 399bht/month 1000/200 + router + Tv box + free call internet sim.

Same house, same name, seems they forgot about the money she didn't pay.

I'm still sticking with 3BB.

I've always paid True i just think the same cable line got too much traffic, they wouldn't fix it. 

We were told this and that free as well that was a con, especially the mobile thing. 

We were paying 865 per month.

Changed AIS now, fibra cable internet, TV, all done by Wi-Fi. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1