Immigration visit

8 minutes ago, lavender19 said:

But now they say I have to wait for visit. Is this just the **** here or does this go on in other provinces?. 

That has never happened to me in 17 years in Sukhothai if it did I would contact the main boss in Chiang Mai that's who they are scared of. 

If you have a booked holiday they are being dicriminatery and unreasonable.

Hmmm

I originally extended non-O by marriage about 12 years ago. About 9 years ago I changed it over to retirement. But they still act as if I am on the marriage sometimes. For instance one guy insisted I bring the wife in for an interview about 4 years ago. The interview was nonsense, comparing som tham information basically. But I haven't had a visit in 13 years.

This year I extended about 3 weeks ago as per normal, nothing was said. Last Thursday the wife gets a phone call about 2pm saying they were coming. Their office is at least an hour away. About 10 minutes later another phone call seeking directions, I had to go out to the road on a motorbike to get them. They came in 4 of them, I couldn't tell what rank as they had puffer jackets on. when the wife told them our dogs could bite you should have seen the alacrity with which they jumped back in the car. I had to corral the dogs and three of them came in the back door and one sat in the car with the engine running. One was officious, he demanded passport and ID card and went through it with a fine tooth comb. The older one was chatty to the wife and told her this was a new thing required, too many farang were pretending to be married etc. Anyway they left quite quickly after saying they would be back in 6 months, Also more or less implied to the wife that it was lucky I was there etc, I didn't feel like arguing "eh I'm on a retirement extension". They left and couldn't go quickly enough, the car had taken off before the last guy closed the door. Chantaburi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Hmmm

I originally extended non-O by marriage about 12 years ago. About 9 years ago I changed it over to retirement. But they still act as if I am on the marriage sometimes. For instance one guy insisted I bring the wife in for an interview about 4 years ago. The interview was nonsense, comparing som tham information basically. But I haven't had a visit in 13 years.

This year I extended about 3 weeks ago as per normal, nothing was said. Last Thursday the wife gets a phone call about 2pm saying they were coming. Their office is at least an hour away. About 10 minutes later another phone call seeking directions, I had to go out to the road on a motorbike to get them. They came in 4 of them, I couldn't tell what rank as they had puffer jackets on. when the wife told them our dogs could bite you should have seen the alacrity with which they jumped back in the car. I had to corral the dogs and three of them came in the back door and one sat in the car with the engine running. One was officious, he demanded passport and ID card and went through it with a fine tooth comb. The older one was chatty to the wife and told her this was a new thing required, too many farang were pretending to be married etc. Anyway they left quite quickly after saying they would be back in 6 months, Also more or less implied to the wife that it was lucky I was there etc, I didn't feel like arguing "eh I'm on a retirement extension". They left and couldn't go quickly enough, the car had taken off before the last guy closed the door. Chantaburi.

OP could tell his immigration his got covid when he wants to go see his family. ????

On 1/29/2023 at 5:19 PM, Kwasaki said:

Says the super rich. ????

What do you mean by that? Marriage you need 400k in the bank, plus money to live off.

Combination Retirement method which I use, approved by Phitsanulok Immigration, 401k in the bank plus 40k per month foreign transfer, which I can spend. What's the difference?

26 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What do you mean by that? Marriage you need 400k in the bank, plus money to live off.

Combination Retirement method which I use, approved by Phitsanulok Immigration, 401k in the bank plus 40k per month foreign transfer, which I can spend. What's the difference?

Says you,  lots of people can't do that either. ????

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Here in Rayong they did mine via Line app and web cam. My witness had to be present and we had to talk to agent from inside the house and outside where my address is posted.

That's nice of them to keep video footage of your home on there data base. 

Oh, they would never do that, would they. :bah:

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Could you show for example £ to 20,000k bht paid in UK per month and 20,000k paid in Thailand per month plus 401,000 in Thai bank for 1 year. 

50 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

That's nice of them to keep video footage of your home on there data base. 

Oh, they would never do that, would they. :bah:

I actually have no worries about that cos I have nothing to hide. At their discretion they can pop-in anyone's home any time and there is nothing we can do about it. We are 4th class citizens here. Moreover, I honestly don't believe the IO was filming our encounter. Even if he did he did not get much of a gander of the house. But I get what you are saying.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/29/2023 at 6:31 PM, DrJoy said:

Utter rubbish. Carry on with your plans

The gentleman needs an extension of marriage visa and will not get it unless they do a home visit. As he will be away "for a few weeks", the chances are he does not have enough time before his visa expires. Normally 30 days is earliest before expiry outside of Bangkok. If he goes away and misses the visit then he may be on overstay. 

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Op, why did you not renew your marriage extension at the earliest opportunity,

when you new you would be going away on holiday around that time.

seams you invited problems leaving it a bit late.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah I put 401k cause my bank clobbers me 300 baht annually for the ATM card. 

It would be just my luck that 300 baht would be taken during the 2 months in Thai bank time.  ????

27 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

The gentleman needs an extension of marriage visa and will not get it unless they do a home visit. As he will be away "for a few weeks", the chances are he does not have enough time before his visa expires. Normally 30 days is earliest before expiry outside of Bangkok. If he goes away and misses the visit then he may be on overstay. 

Where he goes is not head office and that's who he should contact and ask their permission explaining that his family is on a visit to Thailand etc etc etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Op, why did you not renew your marriage extension at the earliest opportunity,

when you new you would be going away on holiday around that time.

seams you invited problems leaving it a bit late.

I always go same time every year so I guess he didn't know he was going to be ambushed with another self claimed rule by that nasty immigration office. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I always go same time every year so I guess he didn't know he was going to be ambushed with another self claimed rule by that nasty immigration office. 

Yes,  most likely true.

Personally always done extension right away 45 day pattaya 30 days nongkhai.

just because of this type of nasty surprise.

26 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah I put 401k cause my bank clobbers me 300 baht annually for the ATM card. 

It would be just my luck that 300 baht would be taken during the 2 months in Thai bank time.  ????

Brit Man was questioning MY post. But yes, just in case.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always keep my visa funds account balance a few thousand above required. Just 1 satang below the required balance and you can bet your bottom dollar (baht) that they refuse extension and say "extension denied, bye bye mr farang".

• Like 1