10 Yr LTR Visa (Wealthy Pensioners) Annual Renewal Process & Fee requirement?

I qualify for Subject 10 Yr LTR Visa, which has a 50K Baht up front Application Fee.  The LTR visa is annually renewable, for an additional Annual Renewal Fee, of course.

Currently I pay 1,900 Baht per year to renew my normal retirement visa.  My guess is that the LTR annual renewal fee will also be 1,900 Baht.

Request anyone with experience of the LTR Process & Renewal Fee to please share. 

I currently use my monthly pensions (not 800K tied up in a bank) to annually qualify for the normal retirement visa, and the bank/paperwork process is straight forward.  Therefore, I am not sure if the annual LTR renewal process would be much less of a headache or not.  Perhaps with the LTR visa there would be less chance of getting caught up in a lengthy que.  Anyone with experience on the LTR Renewal Process itself, please share.   

Airport fast track service and exemption from re-entry permits is no real benefit for me.  Perhaps my only real benefit of the LTR visa would be an annual reduction of three 90 day reports (from 4 to 1, I assume done at the same time as annually renewing the LTR visa). 

50K Baht for that seems a bit expensive.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There is a 57 page thread on this topic..

Check it out. 

Thanks, I'm sure there is a lot of helpful information in those 57 pages, and hopefully I will find the time to read all 57 pages (wherever the thread is).  But I was hoping for reportable first hand experience on two specific questions.  Thanks again.

7 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

You are already on Retirement extensions & it is working for you.

Why change a winning formula ???

Ya, I'm converging on the same conclusion.  But playing devil's advocate to get all potential unknowns answered.

1 hour ago, F Groenen said:

The LTR visa is renewed after 5 years. According to current statements by BOI, there will be no fee. So it is 50,000 THB for a 10-year visa.

There is an annual reporting requirement, instead of the 90-day reporting. This reporting has been free of fees. The annual report should also be free.

As with anything, things can change. I will find out in November what the annual reporting is.

If I do not qualify for renewal in 2027, I will have paid 10K per year for this visa.

Your 1,900 THB/year for renewal is a better deal. Lucky you.

In addition you only need to show either or combined foreign/Thai healthcare insurance minimum coverage required by LTR visa for at least the first five-years of the visa, then again for the next five-years. 

Also, no annual trips to CW for renewals. No appointment necessary, BOI will get you priority through immigration Chamchuri Square branch (next to MRT station) and dedicated immigration window.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

In addition you only need to show either or combined foreign/Thai healthcare insurance minimum coverage required by LTR visa for at least the first five-years of the visa, then again for the next five-years. 

Also, no annual trips to CW for renewals. No appointment necessary, BOI will get you priority through immigration Chamchuri Square branch (next to MRT station) and dedicated immigration window.

And no requirement for any funds to be transferred to or frozen in Thailand, you are free to live off your foreign credit card if you wish. Additionally any income transferred from abroad is officially tax exempt. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

And no requirement for any funds to be transferred to or frozen in Thailand, you are free to live off your foreign credit card if you wish. Additionally any income transferred from abroad is officially tax exempt. 

No more annual bank letters.

For Americans no more annual Foreign Bank Account Reporting using 800,000 baht balance method.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, F Groenen said:

The LTR visa is renewed after 5 years. According to current statements by BOI, there will be no fee. So it is 50,000 THB for a 10-year visa.

There is an annual reporting requirement, instead of the 90-day reporting. This reporting has been free of fees. The annual report should also be free.

As with anything, things can change. I will find out in November what the annual reporting is.

If I do not qualify for renewal in 2027, I will have paid 10K per year for this visa.

Your 1,900 THB/year for renewal is a better deal. Lucky you.

Thank you for this helpful information about Fees.  Other posters have commented on the expected ease of reporting /renewal & that also helped answer my questions of the visa's value to me.

I was especially interested in total 10 Yr Fees required, and your input about currently No 5 Yr renewal Fee and No Fee at the annual reporting rqmt clarified that.  So, 50,000 THB/10 Yr=5,000/Yr.   However, it is even less when considering I currently pay 1,900 THB/Yr.  The net cost to me would be 3,200 THB/Yr, with my primary benefit being only reporting once per year (with potentially priority service).  It's beginning to look not so bad.

However, you calculated that it cost you 10,000/Yr.  Why is that?  I am guessing that perhaps you paid a Visa service 50,000 THB to assist you with the application.  Is that correct?

15 minutes ago, OneZero said:

Thank you for this helpful information about Fees.  Other posters have commented on the expected ease of reporting /renewal & that also helped answer my questions of the visa's value to me.

I was especially interested in total 10 Yr Fees required, and your input about currently No 5 Yr renewal Fee and No Fee at the annual reporting rqmt clarified that.  So, 50,000 THB/10 Yr=5,000/Yr.   However, it is even less when considering I currently pay 1,900 THB/Yr.  The net cost to me would be 3,200 THB/Yr, with my primary benefit being only reporting once per year (with potentially priority service).  It's beginning to look not so bad.

However, you calculated that it cost you 10,000/Yr.  Why is that?  I am guessing that perhaps you paid a Visa service 50,000 THB to assist you with the application.  Is that correct?

In case the visa is not renewed after 5 years, the cost is 10K/year since the 50K fee is non-refundable.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, OneZero said:

So, 50,000 THB/10 Yr=5,000/Yr.   However, it is even less when considering I currently pay 1,900 THB/Yr.  The net cost to me would be 3,200 THB/Yr

Your math is a bit off, but yes, if you never leave Thailand and therefore don't need a reentry permit, you won't save any money using the LTR. If, though, like me and many others, you pay 3800 each year for a multiple entry reentry permit, then there's a net cost savings, in addition to the other benefits.

15 minutes ago, OneZero said:

you calculated that it cost you 10,000/Yr.  Why is that?  I am guessing that perhaps you paid a Visa service 50,000 THB to assist you with the application.  Is that correct?

You misread what he wrote. He said "If I do not qualify for renewal in 2027, I will have paid 10K per year for this visa."

In other words, if for some reason BoI decides five years from now that he doesn't meet the requirements to use the second half of his ten year visa, he will have effectively paid 50k for five years rather than for ten years. That's just a worst case scenario, as most LTR holders will presumably be able to exercise the second half of their visa without issue. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, F Groenen said:

In case the visa is not renewed after 5 years, the cost is 10K/year since the 50K fee is non-refundable.

F Groenen, thank you for your experience.  Further specific questions for you

1.How did you forward your application to BOI, by physical paperwork taken to BOI office or by an online application emailed to BOI?

2.When did you pay the 50,000 THB: to BOI when applying or at Immigration after BOI approval?

3.After taking BOI approval to Immigration, what month did Immigration make your new LTR visa effective/start, at time/month of you going to Immigration, or at month when your then current visa (retirement or whatever) was due to expire?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OneZero said:

F Groenen, thank you for your experience.  Further specific questions for you

1.How did you forward your application to BOI, by physical paperwork taken to BOI office or by an online application emailed to BOI?

2.When did you pay the 50,000 THB: to BOI when applying or at Immigration after BOI approval?

3.After taking BOI approval to Immigration, what month did Immigration make your new LTR visa effective/start, at time/month of you going to Immigration, or at month when your then current visa (retirement or whatever) was due to expire?

To answer your questions;
1. Online application. Can upload all documents online.
2. The 50K is collected at immigration when they issue the visa in your passport. Last year payment was by Bank-app transfer only. Some people have reported that cash is now accepted at OSS for LTR visa only.
3. The visa was effective on the same day. I did not have a current visa. You may have to coordinate this with BOI if you do not want overlap. Mine is only valid until expiry of my passport 2 years from now. I assume I need a trip to OSS to get the visa endorsed in my new passport, hopefully for free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We thank you for your inquiry on LTR visa. As we are currently receiving a lot of email inquiries, please allow us 1 to 3 working days to send you a reply. Our working days and hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30-16.30 hrs. (BKK time). E-mails received on weekends or public holidays will be reviewed on the next business day.

Meanwhile, please visit our website https://ltr.boi.go.th for information which may help answer some of your questions.

Particularly you can find out on our website;

The criteria https://ltr.boi.go.th/index.html#type

Required documents https://ltr.boi.go.th/page/required-documents.html

Application process https://ltr.boi.go.th/index.html#app

Furthermore please submit your application online at [email protected] by clicking "To apply" button on the top right of the home page or Then you'll need to register for an LTR account first and sign back in in order to fill in the application online and upload required documents for the LTR visa type which you have eligibility.

We apologize for this inconvenience and very thankful for your patience and understanding. For urgent matters, please call +66(0) 2209 1100 ext. 1109-1110 or 1141-1149 or email at [email protected]

3 hours ago, OneZero said:

We thank you for your inquiry on LTR visa. As we are currently receiving a lot of email inquiries, please allow us 1 to 3 working days to send you a reply. Our working days and hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30-16.30 hrs. (BKK time). E-mails received on weekends or public holidays will be reviewed on the next business day.

Meanwhile, please visit our website https://ltr.boi.go.th for information which may help answer some of your questions.

Particularly you can find out on our website;

The criteria https://ltr.boi.go.th/index.html#type

Required documents https://ltr.boi.go.th/page/required-documents.html

Application process https://ltr.boi.go.th/index.html#app

Furthermore please submit your application online at [email protected] by clicking "To apply" button on the top right of the home page or Then you'll need to register for an LTR account first and sign back in in order to fill in the application online and upload required documents for the LTR visa type which you have eligibility.

We apologize for this inconvenience and very thankful for your patience and understanding. For urgent matters, please call +66(0) 2209 1100 ext. 1109-1110 or 1141-1149 or email at [email protected]

Service unavailable on all links...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captor said:

Service unavailable on all links...

They work for me.  Perhaps (?) because the BOI website recognizes that I have already opened /registered a BOI account.  If one wants to follow-up. perhaps the first thing they should do is go to BOI website & registers online.  Then the following link is helpful:  LTR Visa Thailand - Contact (boi.go.th)

21 hours ago, OneZero said:

Thanks, I'm sure there is a lot of helpful information in those 57 pages, and hopefully I will find the time to read all 57 pages (wherever the thread is).  But I was hoping for reportable first hand experience on two specific questions.  Thanks again.

If you are seriously interested in the LTR visa be sure to review the BOI LTR website and also read the AseanNow LTR topic/thread.  DrJack54 gave the weblink to the thread in his post above...but at the bottom I listed it again. 

Yes, the thread is long as it starts with the kickoff of the LTR Visa program in mid 2022 when many who were interested in or actually applied for an LTR visa still had many questions.   Early-on there were questions, but as you read thru the "entire" thread and the LTR Visa website I expect durn near all of your questions will be answered.....and answer questions you didn't think of asking yet.   

The fee LTR one time fee is Bt50K for the 10 year visa.  Actually it's a 5 yr + 5yr visa which does require you to reapply after 5 years to get the 2nd 5 years...but there is no fee for that 2nd 5 years.  And as already mentioned by others no annual fee since the LTR visa doesn't need to be renewed annually.  The LTR visa includes a multiple exit/reentry permit at no additional charge like Non-O/OA 1 year visas where a single and multiple exit/reentry fee costs Bt1K and Bt3.8K, respectively.  

Now, if selecting to have the LTR visa issued at the BoI One Stop Service Center/Immigration in Bangkok the fee is Bt50K.  If paying in Bangkok then you can pay via Cash or Thai bank QR code (i.e., PromptPay).....payment via Thai or foreign debit/credit card not allowed.  But if selecting to have a Thai Embassy/Consulate issue the LTR visa  then the fee will be in the Bt50K to Bt70K equivalent range based on whatever exchange/fee that particular Thai Embassy/Consulate charges for an LTR visa....payment method would be whatever that Embassy/Consulate allows.

6 minutes ago, Pib said:

If you are seriously interested in the LTR visa be sure to review the BOI LTR website and also read the AseanNow LTR topic/thread.  DrJack54 gave the weblink to the thread in his post above...but at the bottom I listed it again.     .... as you read thru the "entire" thread and the LTR Visa website I expect durn near all of your questions will be answered.....and answer questions you didn't think of asking yet.   ..........

Pib,

Thank you, & I apologize for not doing full homework reading the ASEANOW and BOI links before asking questions.  Yes, I am going to apply for the LTR (Wealthy Pensioner) and am assembling documentation.  My only concern about that is satisfying proof for my TRICARE coverage.  I read your comments on pg57 above link, that BOI will accept TRICARE coverage, but currently there is still uncertainty about what evidence /proof is definitely acceptable to BOI.  If & when the TRICARE issue firms up, I will be eager to hear about it.

To compound the TRICARE proof issue for me: I can't even get the one-page DEERS letter you referenced, because I can't get into a DS logon milconnect account I thought I had established years ago. 

However, at https://mypay.dfas.mil military retirees are able to download a 1095B proving (to IRS & anybody else concerned) that DOD did indeed sponsor medical coverage for the Prior Year (But not the current year). Wish I knew if that will be acceptable to BOI because it is all I have at the moment.

2022 Form 1095-B (irs.gov)

Sorry I got two threads going.  I'm considering copying and pasting these comments to the lengthier thread.

4 hours ago, OneZero said:

They work for me.  Perhaps (?) because the BOI website recognizes that I have already opened /registered a BOI account.  If one wants to follow-up. perhaps the first thing they should do is go to BOI website & registers online.  Then the following link is helpful:  LTR Visa Thailand - Contact (boi.go.th)

Hi, it works now. Don´t know why... thanks! But now the last link you sent here did not work ???? But no problem as I can open the rest.

4 hours ago, OneZero said:

Pib,

Thank you, & I apologize for not doing full homework reading the ASEANOW and BOI links before asking questions.  Yes, I am going to apply for the LTR (Wealthy Pensioner) and am assembling documentation.  My only concern about that is satisfying proof for my TRICARE coverage.  I read your comments on pg57 above link, that BOI will accept TRICARE coverage, but currently there is still uncertainty about what evidence /proof is definitely acceptable to BOI.  If & when the TRICARE issue firms up, I will be eager to hear about it.

To compound the TRICARE proof issue for me: I can't even get the one-page DEERS letter you referenced, because I can't get into a DS logon milconnect account I thought I had established years ago. 

However, at https://mypay.dfas.mil military retirees are able to download a 1095B proving (to IRS & anybody else concerned) that DOD did indeed sponsor medical coverage for the Prior Year (But not the current year). Wish I knew if that will be acceptable to BOI because it is all I have at the moment.

Sorry I got two threads going.  I'm considering copying and pasting these comments to the lengthier thread.

The following letter addressing the Current Year is also available at mypay website:

DEFENSE FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SERVICE
Retired and Annuitant Pay 8899 E 56th Street - Retired Pay
Indianapolis, IN 46249-1200 https://www.dfas.mil/RetiredMilitary/

January 29, 2023

NAME & ADDRESS OF SUBJECT INDIVIDUAL

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Reference is made to your request for certification regarding receipt of Military pay in the 
account of      subject individual.

This is to certify that the member is on the Retired rolls of this Center and is currently entitled 
to pay at the gross monthly rate of  $x,xxx.00 which is normally payable during his/her lifetime.

Sincerely,

Retired Pay Department

Sorry, but I have unintentionally oversimplified the problem of proving TRICARE coverage for US military retirees.  The complication arises because at age 65 military US military retirees will lose their overseas TRICARE benefits unless they make Medicare part B contributions (approx $170/month, minimum), which can be deducted from Social security pension.. Since Medicare does not cover US citizens overseas, some military retirees will be tempted to not make those payments, and thus forego TRICARE coverage.

All we need is a few bad apples getting BOI approval for TRICARE, to later be caught without coverage, and BOI would perhaps throw up their hands and not want to be bothered with the TRICARE approval headache.

What is needed is a simple way for US military retirees to get downloadable documentation that their TRICARE coverage is indeed CURRENT.  I can not access the the DS Logon milconnect site because it no demand from me a US address & ph# for enhanced identity verification.

In order to not further highjack this thread, and to keep pertinent TRICARE replies focused in one central location, the special/unique problem for US military retirees to prove TRICARE coverage deserves it's own dedicated thread. 

11 hours ago, OneZero said:

Pib,

IMO the 1095B or DFAS letter saying you are receiving receiving retirement wouldn't hack it with BOI as evidence you have the required health care coverage.   But that's only my opinion.  Yes, the 1095B is just fine to prove health care coverage for U.S. tax law purposes, but I seriously, seriously, seriously it would be accepted by BOI as it does not provide any details on the coverage such as the name of the insurer (e.g., Tricare), amount of coverage, whether coverage applies to Thailand, etc. 

Now even the Tricare enrollment/coverage benefits letter you can get from DEERS does not mention coverage amount or coverage area but it does say you are enrolled in Tricare.  And per my emails and face-to-face meeting with BOI, Tricare is now accepted since around the Dec 2022 timeframe as I posted about on page 57 of the other LTR thread.

And I hear you about the DS Logon acct which allows you access to milConnect/DEERS as it's very easy to get locked out of DS Logon.  From years of experience of using DS Logon I would only recommend using it to connect to websites that "only" allow connection via DS Logon....that is, you got no other choice.   Instead, if you can connect another way then use that other way because once you connect to a certain website via DS Logon that website will then only allow you to use DS Logon vs a separate logon acct you may have had.   milConnect also use to allow connect via DFAS credentials but I don't think that's allowed anymore...now I think it just DS Logon or active duty CAC ID card. 

I would recommend you call the the Benefits Support phone number at milConnect to see if you can request a Proof of Health Care Coverage Letter via phone....like the example I gave in the other thread..  Humans are supposedly at that number (after going thru the interactive prompts) from 5am to 5pm "Pacific Time" Mon-Fri.   You may be able to request the letter that way and they would hopefully mail it to you.

https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/

Keep in mind there are three ways to satisfy the LTR medical coverage requirement.  1) Thai or foreign medical insurance policy providing at least $50K coverage, 2) Thai social security medical coverage, and 3) self insure by having $100K in a bank acct for 12 months--and I'm not sure if it means the balance had to be at least $100K for at least 12 months OR it might possibly mean the acct(s) just needed to be open for at least 12 months although the balance may have be less than $100K over those 12 months...BUT, it's probably the former of the bank statement needing to show at least $100K over at least the past 12 months.

Note:  BOI seems to be flexible on the $100K in terms of it not necessary needing to be in a bank acct(s) as people have also been approved to self ensure using their 401K/IRA/TSP type accts which had at $100K....and I don't mean on an exception basis but quite a few people.      So, self insuring might be an option if you can't get the Tricare benefits letter.   P.S. I know it can be a pain to get confirmation of certain benefits provided by the U.S. govt/military due to the generic nature sometimes of their benefits letter, maybe no enrollment card, etc....you know what I'm talking about.

Snapshot from LTR website regarding medical coverage proof.

image.png.cc344009c9f5d3c4170a7750afdbdcf1.png

11 hours ago, Captor said:

Hi, it works now. Don´t know why... thanks! But now the last link you sent here did not work ???? But no problem as I can open the rest.

Based on my experience with the LTR visa website is often down.....or VERY show.  Weekends and mornings (Thailand time) seemed to be the worst based on my experience.  And I was accessing from within Thailand.  Many others have posted problems in the other the main LTR thread.   

I'll define "often" in the 10% of the time ballpark when I was accessing the LTR website/login almost daily in the Oct thru Dec 2022 time frame which is when I was reviewing the LTR website info and/or had submitted my LTR application where I would often check the application status.  I can't speak to the LTR website uptime from 1 Jan 2023 forward since I got my LTR approved/finished/issued in late Dec 2022 and stop accessing it a lot.

Yea, the LTR website/application system has had more than its fair share of glitches, downtime, growing pains, etc.   So, if you can't reach the LTR site OR is very slow just try again a few hours later....chances are high there is no problem on your internet/computer/phone end whether you are in or outside Thailand as the problem is all on the LTR website end here in Thailand.  And if you can logon to the LTR website but it's VERY slow I would not recommend trying to upload an application docs until the speed returns to normal which will probably be a few hours later.    Hopefully the LTR website reliability/uptime will get much better.

3 hours ago, Pib said:

IMO the 1095B or DFAS letter saying you are receiving receiving retirement wouldn't hack it with BOI as evidence you have the required health care coverage.   But that's only my opinion.  

Now even the Tricare enrollment/coverage benefits letter you can get from DEERS does not mention coverage amount or coverage area but it does say you are enrolled in Tricare.  And per my emails and face-to-face meeting with BOI, Tricare is now accepted since around the Dec 2022 timeframe as I posted about on page 57 of the other LTR thread.

And I hear you about the DS Logon acct which allows you access to milConnect/DEERS as it's very easy to get locked out of DS Logon.  From years of experience of using DS Logon I would only recommend using it to connect to websites that "only" allow connection via DS Logon....that is, you got no other choice.   Instead, if you can connect another way then use that other way because once you connect to a certain website via DS Logon that website will then only allow you to use DS Logon vs a separate logon acct you may have had.   milConnect also use to allow connect via DFAS credentials but I don't think that's allowed anymore...now I think it just DS Logon or active duty CAC ID card. 

Keep in mind there are three ways to satisfy the LTR medical coverage requirement.  1) Thai or foreign medical insurance policy providing at least $50K coverage, 2) Thai social security medical coverage, and 3) self insure by having $100K in a bank acct for 12 months--and I'm not sure if it means the balance had to be at least $100K for at least 12 months OR it might possibly mean the acct(s) just needed to be open for at least 12 months although the balance may have be less than $100K over those 12 months...BUT, it's probably the former of the bank statement needing to show at least $100K over at least the past 12 months.

Note:  BOI seems to be flexible on the $100K in terms of it not necessary needing to be in a bank acct(s) as people have also been approved to self ensure using their 401K/IRA/TSP type accts which had at $100K....and I don't mean on an exception basis but quite a few people.      So, self insuring might be an option if you can't get the Tricare benefits letter.   P.S. I know it can be a pain to get confirmation of certain benefits provided by the U.S. govt/military due to the generic nature sometimes of their benefits letter, maybe no enrollment card, etc....you know what I'm talking about.

PIB, thank you for your lengthy & well explained reply. 

If Boi will indeed accept self-insure by a ROTH acct held by Schwab in US, then I can self-insure.  However, if anybody identifies what TRICARE documentation BOI will accept, and how we can easily /readily access such documentation, then please pass this information on to the rest of us.  Self-insuring increases the amount of money we must lock-up from 800K THB to 100K US$ (roughly 3 million THB).  Ridiculous.

Do you think it would be acceptable to BOI if I provide two Schwab status statements, one at start & one at end of a selected 12 month period, with that selected period ending as close as possible to the date I upload documents to BOI?

1 minute ago, OneZero said:

PIB, thank you for your lengthy & well explained reply. 

If Boi will indeed accept self-insure by a ROTH acct held by Schwab in US, then I can self-insure.  However, if anybody identifies what TRICARE documentation BOI will accept, and how we can easily /readily access such documentation, then please pass this information on to the rest of us.  Self-insuring increases the amount of money we must lock-up from 800K THB to 100K US$ (roughly 3 million THB).  Ridiculous.

Do you think it would be acceptable to BOI if I provide two Schwab status statements, one at start & one at end of a selected 12 month period, with that selected period ending as close as possible to the date I upload documents to BOI?

PIB,

My Schwab held ROTH is not holding cash. It is an ETF of stocks valued at over $100K.  Perhaps that is not acceptable to BOI.  What do you think?

7 hours ago, Pib said:

Based on my experience with the LTR visa website is often down.....or VERY show.  Weekends and mornings (Thailand time) seemed to be the worst based on my experience.  And I was accessing from within Thailand.  Many others have posted problems in the other the main LTR thread.   

I'll define "often" in the 10% of the time ballpark when I was accessing the LTR website/login almost daily in the Oct thru Dec 2022 time frame which is when I was reviewing the LTR website info and/or had submitted my LTR application where I would often check the application status.  I can't speak to the LTR website uptime from 1 Jan 2023 forward since I got my LTR approved/finished/issued in late Dec 2022 and stop accessing it a lot.

Yea, the LTR website/application system has had more than its fair share of glitches, downtime, growing pains, etc.   So, if you can't reach the LTR site OR is very slow just try again a few hours later....chances are high there is no problem on your internet/computer/phone end whether you are in or outside Thailand as the problem is all on the LTR website end here in Thailand.  And if you can logon to the LTR website but it's VERY slow I would not recommend trying to upload an application docs until the speed returns to normal which will probably be a few hours later.    Hopefully the LTR website reliability/uptime will get much better.

Okey, thank you very much for the information about the webpage. Very good to know, so then I will wait before I dismantle my computer ????

8 hours ago, Pib said:

IMO the 1095B or DFAS letter saying you are receiving receiving retirement wouldn't hack it with BOI as evidence you have the required health care coverage.   But that's only my opinion.  Yes, the 1095B is just fine to prove health care coverage for U.S. tax law purposes, but I seriously, seriously, seriously it would be accepted by BOI as it does not provide any details on the coverage such as the name of the insurer (e.g., Tricare), amount of coverage, whether coverage applies to Thailand, etc. 

I would recommend you call the the Benefits Support phone number at milConnect to see if you can request a Proof of Health Care Coverage Letter via phone....like the example I gave in the other thread..  Humans are supposedly at that number (after going thru the interactive prompts) from 5am to 5pm "Pacific Time" Mon-Fri.   You may be able to request the letter that way and they would hopefully mail it to you.

https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/

Must this 100,000 USD be in a Thai bank or can it be any bank at all? Sorry if that question has been raised already. Did not find anything about that.

2 hours ago, Captor said:

Must this 100,000 USD be in a Thai bank or can it be any bank at all? Sorry if that question has been raised already. Did not find anything about that.

Thailand or abroad...doesn't matter.   See below weblink/partial quote from LTR Visa website. 

Also, it does not have to be actual USD....it can be any currency and BOI will use their posted exchange rate (on the LTR Visa main webpage on the right side) to determine if it's equivalent to $100K USD. 

https://ltr.boi.go.th/documents/Announcement_of the Office of the Board of Investment No.2-2565 (EN).pdf

image.png.ce71be235df7a43a92998750f7b1e1ad.png