10 Yr LTR Visa (Wealthy Pensioners) Annual Renewal Process & Fee requirement?

6 hours ago, OneZero said:

PIB,

My Schwab held ROTH is not holding cash. It is an ETF of stocks valued at over $100K.  Perhaps that is not acceptable to BOI.  What do you think?

Yes...no...maybe.  As mentioned earlier some people have been successful; others not.  @mudcat was successful in using his brokerage account assets to satisfy the $100K requirements....see his post below from the main LTR visa thread. And I personally know another person who was successful is using his 401K/IRA type acct to satisfy the medical requirement.   

How does BOI decide whether to accept a person's brokerage/401K/IRA type acct to satisfy the $100K is something I don't know....I can only guess...have an opinion.  I only know what people posted in the main LTR thread.   But "IMO" I think what "may" be a factor is whether a person was also using that brokerage/401K/IRA acct to meet the LTR income requirements and also trying to use it to satisfy the medical insurance requirement...if trying to use that acct to meet income "and" medical maybe that may not fly---but that's just an opinion of mine.   But if a person is primarily meeting the income requirement via pensions/salary which means that brokerage/401K/IRA type acct is not being tapped (or minimally) then maybe that satisfies the BOI.  Once again, that just my opinion....a guess.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

Thailand or abroad...doesn't matter.   See below weblink/partial quote from LTR Visa website. 

Also, it does not have to be actual USD....it can be any currency and BOI will use their posted exchange rate (on the LTR Visa main webpage on the right side) to determine if it's equivalent to $100K USD. 

https://ltr.boi.go.th/documents/Announcement_of the Office of the Board of Investment No.2-2565 (EN).pdf

image.png.ce71be235df7a43a92998750f7b1e1ad.png

OK, thank you very much!

On 1/30/2023 at 12:34 PM, F Groenen said:

3. The visa was effective on the same day. I did not have a current visa. You may have to coordinate this with BOI if you do not want overlap. Mine is only valid until expiry of my passport 2 years from now. I assume I need a trip to OSS to get the visa endorsed in my new passport, hopefully for free.

Do you mean your LTR visa (supposedly 5 years) actually states that it expires on your passport expiry date (2 years from now)?  If so, what assurance did they give you that in fact you will get the benefit of the full 5 years and that indeed they will endorse it (with one of those fancy transfer stamps, I assume) in your new passport?  If they do endorse it, it seems they would have to change the expiry date by extending it for another 3 years in order to complete the 5-year term.  Was any of that discussed?

Edited by TerraplaneGuy

The passport expiration issue led us to renew our U.S. passports for the next ten-years and then transfer my extension to the new passport the day after we received the passports back. I remember some people reporting that it was impossible to change passports in the middle of an application.  Not a problem as there is no cost until you are successful.

As with everything else this is confusing;
The LTR-T visa stamp says 2032 (10 years)
Another stamp says 2027 (5 years), I have not asked someone to translate the text.
There is a 'Stay Permit' and 're-entry permit' until 12jan2025 (my passport expiry)
And an insert that says 'Notification for an alien who has been staying in the Kingdom longer than 1 year', with a date in 2023.
No visa is ever guaranteed and can be revoked at any time.

BX6D39645 pg56 LTR visa blackout.jpg

Edited by F Groenen
needed more blackout in the image

10 hours ago, F Groenen said:

As with everything else this is confusing;
The LTR-T visa stamp says 2032 (10 years)
Another stamp says 2027 (5 years), I have not asked someone to translate the text.

Its not totally uncommon that a permission to stay in Thailand stamp, can be different from a Visa validity / expiry date stamp.

I assume that when you get close to the end of your permission to stay date, you need to then apply for the remaining 5 years.  Possibly sometime during that time-frame you may also need to go through the hassle of changing passports and having stamps transferred to a new passport.

Those who know more than I will hopefully chime in here and correct me, or confirm what I suspect.

• Thumbs Up 1