British Man Arrested on Samui Island for 25 days of Overstay

webfact

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

you might want to continue the good work by nailing down all those rich kids murdering police officers on duty - the Red Bull darling springs to mind! 

"...all those rich kids murdering police officers..."

You mean the one rich man who didn't murder anyone but killed an off-duty officer in a traffic accident?   Who are all the others?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You mean the one rich man who didn't murder anyone but killed an off-duty officer in a traffic accident?   Who are all the others?

The karaoke shooting at the Montien hotel springs to mind; nobody ever faced the music on that one; then there was the disco shooting on Ratchada/Sutthisarn ......... arguably a long time back but never cleared either .......... 
Irrespective of that - one case alone is one case too many - from where I come from; we don't need top ten statistics 8-) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The karaoke shooting at the Montien hotel springs to mind; nobody ever faced the music on that one; then there was the disco shooting on Ratchada/Sutthisarn ......... arguably a long time back but never cleared either .......... 
Irrespective of that - one case alone is one case too many - from where I come from; we don't need top ten statistics 8-)

No one asked you for top ten stats but I'm sure that, even where you come from, back up for your assertions wouldn't be unexpected and in this case you asserted wrongly that "all those rich kids are murdering policemen.

The Montien shooting was 29 years ago (!) in 1994 and was committed by a customer's bodyguard, no "rich kid" was involved, neither was a police officer killed.    Can't see any reference anywhere to your 2nd historical example.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Arran Newman, 36, British national

He will soon be on the cover of every paper in the world!!!!!    Top 10 most wanted!!!!   25 days, OMG, this is not your country!!!!!    I've never heard of a worse crime in my life!!!!!

When 25-days of overstay becomes a story, you know your country either has their priorities wrong or it's super safe.

hint, it's not super safe.  lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/30/2023 at 8:16 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

No one asked you for top ten stats but I'm sure that, even where you come from, back up for your assertions wouldn't be unexpected and in this case you asserted wrongly that "all those rich kids are murdering policemen.

The Montien shooting was 29 years ago (!) in 1994 and was committed by a customer's bodyguard, no "rich kid" was involved, neither was a police officer killed.    Can't see any reference anywhere to your 2nd historical example.

The customer was a super rich kid. Latter was unwilling to wait for his turn and got his body guard to "convince" the immediate hand-over of the microphone. Did not happen and the rich kids bodyguard ensured a body bag result. So much to that story; the GM of the hotel, a close friend of mine, had the pleasure to deal with the aftermath. 

On 1/30/2023 at 11:50 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you interpret as being an Immigration Officer's job responsibilities, then?

Officially, or unofficially.... because there is as a difference. 

Officially - to police and assess the entry or presence of people from other countries. 

Unofficially - to police and profit from the entry or presence of people from other countries !!! 

Now, I know you won’t like that latter response and ask for something to back up that ‘assertion’... of course the Police do not keep records of their illegal behaviour, there is no link to published statistics and the ‘unofficial job responsibilities’....  

But... I can tell you what they do - A lot of Immigration outside of the visible ones we see at the Airport and Offices investigate businesses etc... visit them, levy charges on them for the 100’s of illegal immigrants they have working (migrant labor)...  then there is either the ‘pay off’ or a phone call from the local Chief of Police who’s been contacted by xxxx army general another police chief, politician etc to let everyone go...  money has already changed hands in advance...  its lucrative business !

(And no LL - I don’t have links or proof, you’ll have to take my word for the way this works, but I’m sure you may also know Thai Policemen and Senior Immigration officers who can tell you first hand how this works).