Dutchman Petitions Ministry Over Alleged Swindle By Female Civil Servant

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He alleged that the official tricked him into selling his house in the Netherlands and transferring money to her to buy land and house in this upper northeast province for the two of them to live in retirement together. However when he came to Thailand he could not find the promised land and house with this also affecting his ex-Thai girlfriend in the Netherlands.

Reap what you sow...

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think about what kind of superwoman would be able to convince me that I sell my house so that she can build a house so I can live with her - after I met her on a dating app.

I don't think such a woman exists in this world.

The alleged fraudster exists in this world and what superwoman it would need to have you send money too has no consequence for the plaintiff. 

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What would he need to show she did something illegal?

I guess he would need a signed document from her that he will buy a house for her and she in return will love him and have sex with him for the rest of her life or something like that.

Maybe she liked him at the beginning. What guarantee did he every have?

If she told him or wrote to him: "Peter, I will love you forever", is that good enough? In that case there wouldn't be any divorce anywhere with all those people who swore to love each other for the rest of their lives.

I have to admit once I also bought something for a girl who I fancied and who gave me the idea that we might stay together and be happy ever after. But we didn't stay happy ever after. So I had to learn that the phone which I bought for 3000B was a lost investment. Though times!

If the woman has received money and Peter wants his money back as the agreement on buying a house was not fulfilled he has a good chance that a civil case would be successful. It has nothing to do with love as you mention. 

But if he can prove that the woman has tricked him into sending the money then a criminal case could be made .

Will either option see his money returned ? I doubt it 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, itsari said:

The alleged fraudster exists in this world and what superwoman it would need to have you send money too has no consequence for the plaintiff. 

Thanks for your inside knowledge. I was already surprised and a little annoyed that he didn't ask me for my personal opinion. Or he could have posted a picture or her here in the forum and ask how much I and others would spend for her. This is a strange world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1