Dutchman Petitions Ministry Over Alleged Swindle By Female Civil Servant

webfact

50 minutes ago, rimmae2 said:

Only once! You could train other gullible wallies who cannot think further than their head.

I have to admit I had one huge advantage in my first couple of years in Thailand. I had very little money.

I couldn't give any girls much money or expensive gifts because I couldn't afford to do that.

I guess if I would have had more money, then my learning experience would have cost a lot more.

And I don't like the whole concept of online dating. The chemistry which we all feel or not feel within minutes with another person happens only in real life. Even if I would find the in theory perfect girl for me online it would mean little until I meet her. And maybe there is this vibe, or maybe not. And if it is not there then that's it.

The same happens in bars. Maybe there are some absolutely gorgeous girls on stage. And if I buy them a drink and talk to them there is just no spark. Ok, fine, let's move on. Likely there is another girl who is maybe not the top of the lineup but still pretty nice with the right chemistry. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, riclag said:

Boy o boy  this Thai lady must of used magic on this guy!

I watched this guy on a video asking for help , but Geez buddy , he was so dumb.
My wife said she ( Thai woman in the story)only got 500k from him and he’s claiming he lost 5 mill.

Hope he gets something out of it , besides learning another lesson in life.

not as dumb as you say then maybe.

408802064_download(15).jpg.5c2171ca281d4349dac62a8a9e54b682.jpg408802064_download(15).jpg.5c2171ca281d4349dac62a8a9e54b682.jpg

29 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I hope the Dutch government makes him wear a t-shirt when he travels.

No need to wear it in his village, because I suspect everyone already knows. ????

images (36).jpeg

His Ex is wearing this one.

408802064_download(15).jpg.5c2171ca281d4349dac62a8a9e54b682.jpg

Edited by brianthainess

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I had one huge advantage in my first couple of years in Thailand. I had very little money.

I couldn't give any girls much money or expensive gifts because I couldn't afford to do that.

I guess if I would have had more money, then my learning experience would have cost a lot more.

And I don't like the whole concept of online dating. The chemistry which we all feel or not feel within minutes with another person happens only in real life. Even if I would find the in theory perfect girl for me online it would mean little until I meet her. And maybe there is this vibe, or maybe not. And if it is not there then that's it.

The same happens in bars. Maybe there are some absolutely gorgeous girls on stage. And if I buy them a drink and talk to them there is just no spark. Ok, fine, let's move on. Likely there is another girl who is maybe not the top of the lineup but still pretty nice with the right chemistry. 

Hard to disagree with that. You're spot on.

Took me some time to pick my wife, but I think the only honest, hard working and humble woman in Thailand landed with me.

Well, we all think that, don't we ????

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Artisi said:

Don’t want to run the poor guy down, but sounds like he shouldn't be allowed to dress himself each morning. 

Certainly doesn't know how to dress for a significant appointment at the Interior Ministry either. It's not like he's doing a walk-in 90-day report in Jomtien is it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

Hard to disagree with that. You're spot on.

Took me some time to pick my wife, but I think the only honest, hard working and humble woman in Thailand landed with me.

Well, we all think that, don't we ????

I was never looking for a humble and hard-working woman. I just wanted a hot girl who makes me happy.

115821531_1137242026631106_8892741551282619308_o.thumb.jpg.c8a9c7a41cc64c4a7326e414689c7d02.jpg

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

The woman in the pic is his long-term ex-girlfriend who split with him when he started with the new one. However, it seems she is also involved financially, as is his sister back home.

There must be something in the water.

Do they really think the government will get involved?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

He might have been lucky.

Living in Sakon Nakhon isn't as glamorous as it sounds. 

The place is a shi* h**e.

I was there part time for years. Decided I wanted more when I lived full time, I moved far away.

• Thumbs Up 1

Been with thai wife 6 years. I still have control of my money. And always will. She has a good standard of living without me transferring money to her on a monthly basis.  Everything I/we have is in my name. She will be taken care of after I am gone. She just doesn't know how much. 

3 hours ago, rwill said:

And just talking to her online how would you know for sure what she did for a living?  People can say anything online.

on the Thai TV news there are photos of her wearing a government brown suit with medals and a namebadge. Not conclusive of course.....

• Thanks 1

We all make mistakes it's part of growing and learning in life but at the age of 61 to make a mistake like this not just sending money to somebody you've never met but to sell your house that's not an overnight quick thing to do so he had time to realise or check things out

• Like 1

Karma. This is what you get when you cheat on your wife/GF. Not sure why some ppl are so eager to donate money to someone they have never met?

Yes 4 million baht a lot of money,but let's just not put this man down for his naivity or foolishness,there are many like him.Take those thousands of people,through some might say their own greed, who got swindled out of a total of $4 billion(now that's serious money)investing their hard earned with Ruja Ignatova,the Bulgarian crypto queen and her so called bitcoin beater one coin that never existed,but was in fact only a giant Ponzi scheme,so it's easy to jump on the Dutchman,but in truth he's far from being immune or alone when it comes to the schemes of these conwomen.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

on the Thai TV news there are photos of her wearing a government brown suit with medals and a namebadge. Not conclusive of course.....

I know both a policeman { low ranking} who was thrown out and continued using his Police ID and I also know a young soldier who also was drummed out that continued wearing his Army uniform around the village.

Everybody knew he was no longer a soldier and in typical Thai fashion, they just ignored the issue.

6 minutes ago, phitsanulokjohn said:

Yes 4 million baht a lot of money,but let's just not put this man down for his naivity or foolishness,there are many like him.Take those thousands of people,through some might say their own greed, who got swindled out of a total of $4 billion(now that's serious money)investing their hard earned with Ruja Ignatova,the Bulgarian crypto queen and her so called bitcoin beater one coin that never existed,but was in fact only a giant Ponzi scheme,so it's easy to jump on the Dutchman,but in truth he's far from being immune or alone when it comes to the schemes of these conwomen.

I've had calls in Thailand with guys introducing themselves and cold calling me by my first name offering everything from share deals to offshore investments. These have come from call centres and direct individuals.

Obviously somebody has shared this information online as we all know, there is money to be made selling peoples personal information. I think some of this is when I have inquired online about health insurance etc is how this information has been shared, I certainly don't give it out over the phone.

I just tell them at 60 years old I will look after my own affairs and not to call again and then I simply hang up

Edited by Scouse123

As they say..."follow the money". If in fact he did transfer funds to the Thai based woman then the trail will certainly be evident. If he is lying then he may well find himself in more trouble with the authorities.

A word of caution to the clogman....don't trust the RTP not to try and squeeze their own share of silly money out of him.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Straight8 said:

A fool and his money parted.

Seriously??? You transfer a large amount of money to someone you met online?????

What an e-diot

Welcome to the Land of Scams

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.

8 hours ago, geisha said:

Well, he sure was a silly billy. Who does things like that ? Although, if what he says is true, it will all be proven through bank transfers . If she took the money , there must be proof. 

Of course there will be. But what is it they say about a Fool and his money? This guy is a walking allegory. Even if he has a full text of their convos where she says "hansum man, buy me house I love you long time!" I am doubtful that this constitutes a legally binding agreement in any country on earth. As he was living at the time with his long-term Thai GF for 6-7 years, I would expect that he was likely common-law married with her, hence his decision to take their money and send it repeatedly to his digital fantasy was likely not consensual too. Sounds like he's hoisted with his own petard, and like others I do appreciate his lack of discretion in broadcasting his idiocy to the world for our brief entertainment. 

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Certainly doesn't know how to dress for a significant appointment at the Interior Ministry either. It's not like he's doing a walk-in 90-day report in Jomtien is it?

I guess he gave her the shirt off his own back.