Dutchman Petitions Ministry Over Alleged Swindle By Female Civil Servant

webfact

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for your inside knowledge. I was already surprised and a little annoyed that he didn't ask me for my personal opinion. Or he could have posted a picture or her here in the forum and ask how much I and others would spend for her. This is a strange world.

He invested in her would be a more appropriate term than spend .

The people in this world are often strange I would have to agree. But it makes life interesting at least 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

And in another thread we were just talking about: "Don't go for a bar girl, those are nothing but trouble. An educated, professional Thai woman, most likely in govt, now there's your ticket". ????

And just talking to her online how would you know for sure what she did for a living?  People can say anything online.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He alleged that the official tricked him into selling his house in the Netherlands and transferring money to her to buy land and house in this upper northeast province for the two of them to live in retirement together. However when he came to Thailand he could not find the promised land and house with this also affecting his ex-Thai girlfriend in the Netherlands.

Nice one , Can't Fix Stupid.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit once I also bought something for a girl who I fancied and who gave me the idea that we might stay together and be happy ever after. But we didn't stay happy ever after. So I had to learn that the phone which I bought for 3000B was a lost investment. Though times!

Only once! You could train other gullible wallies who cannot think further than their head.

Story reads like this man had a bizarrely high amount of trust to someone he actually never physically met.  

I am wondering if the guy is on the spectrum and/or developmentally delayed?  I recall watching a series of interviews of a guy in the Philippines who blew his money based on ludicrous amounts of blind trust and he had mental issues. Places like Thailand/Philippines are not kind to those easily manipulated.

If this 'lady' is in fact a civil servant, then she has a lot to answer for legally, morally and ethically.  I am not surprised in LOS. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He alleged that the official tricked him into selling his house in the Netherlands and transferring money to her to buy land and house in this upper northeast province for the two of them to live in retirement together. 

One born every minute.  Would be unbelievable if it wasn't true.

• Like 1

Obviously, Peter made a big mistake. He knows that now. Perhaps posters can show some and feel empathy for him instead of saying how foolish he is. He is probably feeling awful every hour or every day. We all make foolish mistakes.

• Like 1

Look into my eyes , not round my eyes , into my eyes and in 5-4-3-2-1

you're under...

you will go to your bank and transfer 4m Baht to my account...

and in 5-4-3-2-1 ...your back in the room.. ????

Little_Britain.jpg

Edited by a3tsw
forgot to add image

5 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

Is that him receiving  a "certificate of being a doughnut"

He's not a doughnut, he's a hole.

Planning a future, including buying retirement property, with someone you've never met?

And now, not only does everybody know he's a sap, but he also has millions of baht that may not be too difficult to get him to part with.

• Like 2