Lawyer Confirms Vaping in Thailand Prohibited

webfact

When it comes to all laws governing this vaping, smoking and inhaling of ganga in all its forms i think that Thailand is confused as a child lost in a jungle and they themselves not sure what to do what to allowed what is in the public interest and what is not, while in Australia Legalising marijuana could generate $28 billion as new Parliamentary Budget Office report invigorates Greens Party campaign..

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/politics/legalising-marijuana-could-generate-28-billion-as-new-parliamentary-budget-office-report-invigorates-greens-party-campaign/news-story/40b55393f8d2b7ee66411b1a0cd6d0b6

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

They really need to bring Vaping under the umbrella of the Thailand Tobacco Monopoly and then legalize and tax it.

They are embarrassing themselves on the international stage by making it illegal with a 5 year prison sentence for possessing a device.  5 years! For something 95% safer than smoking a cigarette. ???? It makes the place seem like a basket case.

As an interesting (or not) aside, the Thai Tobacco Monopoly has rebranded.

After well over a decade of riding my bike through their property that is now Suan Ben, I realized that they now call themselves TOAT, or Tobacco Authority of Thailand.

Anyone know when that happened?  

29 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

They really need to bring Vaping under the umbrella of the Thailand Tobacco Monopoly and then legalize and tax it.

They are embarrassing themselves on the international stage by making it illegal with a 5 year prison sentence for possessing a device.  5 years! For something 95% safer than smoking a cigarette. ???? It makes the place seem like a basket case.

Law enforcement for sure resists this as much as possible as it wouoe remove the 'tax' revenue stream from them. 

Thailand has embarrassed themselves in countless other issues already, one vaping law issue does not make much of a dent to the reputation... This country is not far from a failed state like Russia. 

First of all lawyers can say what they want but as long as the police doesn't enforce any law, nobody will take it seriously what they say. No helmets, no seating in back of cars, alcohol secretly sales, sextoys,  bribing officers, illegal gambling, shops/bars/restaurants without right paper and just name it and now they start again with e cigarettes, while a lot of Thai people use them and they are freely available in the country...If you want that people take you serious, than you have to enforce on every law, 24 hours day 7 days a week..

Secondly, vaping is much better than smoking, although still unhealthy.. In almost the whole world it is allowed but Thailand want to attrack tourists, but bans every jpy they want to have.. driving motorcycles, vaping, drinking beer, and jetski/taxi/tours/ scamming....Why do they want tourists?? There are better destinations with less restrictions, as cheap as, and even beautiful as Thailand. Tourists come because you make the difference and Thailand is not Thailand of 10 years ago anymore and so tourists know that too...

• Thumbs Up 1

So why don't they go catch all the guys selling in tables on suk and get 500,000 baht.   It's only 5000 for having a ecig so 27k?   The cops are digging their hole deeper in the much.  Now politicians are going to get <deleted> and have to do something.    This lawyer should have also stated the laws and penalties regarding cops demanding money or taking bribes.   Hopefully the Thai people get <deleted>.   I know everyone on FB has seen this 27k extortion and how the cops are trying to cover their ask. 

• Like 1

So when a tourist bring (import) his ecig to Thailand, without knowing the law, then he can face a jail term of up to 10 years.

It is clear that such laws with completely absurd penalties open the door to corruption.

According to the motto: "You now have a big problem, but I can help you. For xxxxx Baht I let you go."

Edited by tomacht8
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, proton said:

What do you call a country where you can buy dope 24/7 but not a can of beer at five minutes past two, and where vaping or a device can get you a 500,000 k baht fine or years in prison? - a madhouse.

Colorful and exotic.

• Haha 1

I find it interesting, but not surprising how a government news channel uses the language to change the angle some what;

“…after police officers from Huay Kwang station were charged with taking a bribe from a Taiwanese actress in exchange for ignoring her possession of a vaper.”

kinda sounds like the payment was the vapers idea - like she offered a bribe, and the poor police just couldnt resist..!

whereas the truth is, as with every shakedown - they found the leverage, and using the threat of prison extorted 27k. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1