Thai woman in massive rant: Complains about foreign tourists getting better treatment than Thais

webfact

3 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Many do charge non-Thai speaking customers more than Thai speaking customers. 90% of the time my Thai girlfriend can get a hotel room, same dates, cheaper than I can. International chain hotels are the most consistent in pricing, the Thai non-chain hotels will usually discount for Thai speaking customers over the phone, facebook, email or their website, etc..

Agoda and booking.com all same price. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I can totally understand why there's a price difference between citizens and non-residing foreigners  for the entering a national park and other national monuments/sites.

Well, I can't. It's essentially racism.

If we, in the UK started charging foreigners more to enter our parks there would be uproar andrightly so.

13 hours ago, Cricky said:

It's true.

My girlfriend owns a condo in the same development I have condos.
At times the Juristic management do a very poor job with running the project, she regularly complains to me about this and that.
I often say to her, go to the office and complain, she replies that she is Thai and they don't listen to Thai's.

Quite sad actually. ????

Thais only listen to Thais in general. The earth is flat if Thai says it.

14 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:
14 hours ago, Cricky said:

Doesn't take long for an article to become a Thai bashing session.

and why not?  It started out as a foreigner  bashing rant, so what do you expect. 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai woman having a go at tourism operators and hotel staff

Doctor Tom, if English is not your first language please translate to a language you understand to stop you from making these silly comments.

She's attacking the Thai staff.

Edited by Cricky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

She needs to be flogged with the defamation stick

The defamation laws in Thailand are on the sadist things 

to have happened here.

just off the scale of stupidness.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Thumbs Up 1

It must all be about perception. I always felt Thais got it better. Tourists get ripped off at every turn, higher prices and I even get an impression of being served 'second' in restaurants. Bumped up ferry fares, song taews etc... even the Thai guy in the seat next to me paid less for his hair-cut. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

She's right.   When you see Thais (or farangs) all day, every day.......and then a NEW Face, a new group of people with money show up......................well, you are going to give that extra smile.

Give it a few weeks and then things will be back to normal.    

Of course, people know most, not all, but most Thais aren't as rich as the falang.  So why not give the farang the smile and service to see if they will give you a recommendation to other super rich farangs?

I don't like the weird smiles, I feel like I'm getting scammed.  If they offer some special van, I'm sure I'm going to pay for that somehow.   

If I owned a shop and sold to Americans all day and one day a Chinese man walked in speaking Chinese, I might think he has money and would give the LOSmile.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cricky said:

It's true.

My girlfriend owns a condo in the same development I have condos.
At times the Juristic management do a very poor job with running the project, she regularly complains to me about this and that.
I often say to her, go to the office and complain, she replies that she is Thai and they don't listen to Thai's.

Quite sad actually. ????

It depends on her status.

Maybe she should blow up her hair like those important old women. I guess a couple of diamonds and a 100.000 THB handbag will also impress the building management.

That is just real life in Thailand about where people are on the pecking order.

pecking-order-chicken-behavior-384322270

3 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Well, I can't. It's essentially racism.

If we, in the UK started charging foreigners more to enter our parks there would be uproar andrightly so.

So in the USA when a university charges less tuition for a state resident than those from another state it's considered racism....  LOL

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dingdongrb said:

So in the USA when a university charges less tuition for a state resident than those from another state it's considered racism....  LOL

Done in the UK too I believe.. for foreigners it is more expensive.  

17 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I can list plenty of instances where I book a hotel on Agoda (English) and ask the missus to check on her phone in Thai - Her price invariably comes out cheaper and in some cases by quite a lot

That's interesting. Was she checking the same Agoda site, but in Thai? I would be surprised if Agoda quotes different rates depending on which language is used. I often find, using English only, that i get different rates using my mobile as opposed to using their web site on my PC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Henryford said:

That's interesting. Was she checking the same Agoda site, but in Thai? I would be surprised if Agoda quotes different rates depending on which language is used. I often find, using English only, that i get different rates using my mobile as opposed to using their web site on my PC.

Prices are all over the place..... I got a cheaper price going to Agoda through Google maps!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

I presume that she paid Thai price for the hotel, so she shouldn't expect the same level of service that hotels give to their more profitable foreign customers.  As long as hotels and tourist attractions practice government approved dual pricing, of course the foreigners will be more welcome than Thais.

Which hotels in Krabi offer Thais rooms at a cheaper price than foreigners? 

18 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Many do charge non-Thai speaking customers more than Thai speaking customers. 90% of the time my Thai girlfriend can get a hotel room, same dates, cheaper than I can. International chain hotels are the most consistent in pricing, the Thai non-chain hotels will usually discount for Thai speaking customers over the phone, facebook, email or their website, etc..

I find that hard to believe. 

You can negotiate with many hotels for special discount if you want, which happens in all countries. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Done in the UK too I believe.. for foreigners it is more expensive.  

Yes, even my daughter, who is British, has to pay as a foreign student. 

If this happened in Thailand, there would be an uproar. ????

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cricky said:

Doctor Tom, if English is not your first language please translate to a language you understand to stop you from making these silly comments.

She's attacking the Thai staff.

As  usual on here, those with the least logic in their comments are the first to turn to insults, pathetic mate. 

Edited by Doctor Tom

I don't know what the story behind this is. What I do know is that many Thai ruin it for themselves. For example, I know a Thai lady with a scooter rental company. She told me that she no longer rents out scooters to her own Thai fellow citizen due to theft, unpaid damage, etc.