Is there anything like a Beelink with a remote?

giddyup

2 hours ago, NextG said:

That’s because I haven’t mentioned it. 
You simply cannot buy it anymore, unless someone is selling theirs second hand. Their current model runs Android TV 11 has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. Currently around 1000 baht. I have not ever used Android TV and it’s Playstore. 

I'm not following the difference in what you call pure Android an TV Android.

3 hours ago, NextG said:

plug and play

doesn't exist, that's why it's called 'plug n pray' :w00t:

i'd love to know what linux kernel version this 'pure android' that you keep mentioning is based on lol

that's why most android TVs are <deleted>, they're still based on a version 4 kernel with a 'crappy wrapper'......come on man, we're running 6.1.9 on arch now :wai:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, driver52 said:

doesn't exist, that's why it's called 'plug n pray' :w00t:

i'd love to know what linux kernel version this 'pure android' that you keep mentioning is based on lol

that's why most android TVs are <deleted>, they're still based on a version 4 kernel with a 'crappy wrapper'......come on man, we're running 6.1.9 on arch now :wai:

This is where you fall down. This isn’t a forum for geeks. I am all for keeping stuff in use and fully with you on that. It’s just this isn’t the thread for it. 

1 hour ago, KhunHeineken said:

Perhaps an Amazon Fire Stick would do the job for you.  They plug into the HDMI port of a TV and and come with a remote control. 

What job would that be? ☺️ Where on the stick can you plug in a 2TB HDD?

On 2/5/2023 at 2:15 PM, NextG said:

The only difference I can see in those specs is mg-30s, mg-20s and mg-10s, which are all related to the Air Mouse. Are they the specs you mean?

Edited by giddyup

On 2/5/2023 at 4:40 PM, NextG said:

Mentions overheating whilst playing 3D games though not otherwise. This is the X4S version. 

On 2/5/2023 at 4:48 PM, gargamon said:

Hk1 rbox x4. S905x4 4gb ram 64gb rom. Gigabit ethernet. 

I have this. It did seem to overheat when I first got it but having read something online I just turned it upside down (all the ventilation holes are on the normal underside of the device )and no problems since :thumbsup:

There are various iterations of the specific firmware however depending on when it was produced.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, topt said:

I have this. It did seem to overheat when I first got it but having read something online I just turned it upside down (all the ventilation holes are on the normal underside of the device )and no problems since :thumbsup:

There are various iterations of the specific firmware however depending on when it was produced.

I was thinking of getting a cooling fan for it, similar to what I had for my laptop.

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I was thinking of getting a cooling fan for it, similar to what I had for my laptop.

Whatever works for you but seems like overkill to me considering how small and discrete these boxes are.

On 2/5/2023 at 2:49 PM, NextG said:

What job would that be? ☺️ Where on the stick can you plug in a 2TB HDD?

USB storage can plug straight into the USB port on the TV for direct play. 

In any case, not much difference between a remote and wireless mini keyboard / mouse combo, which mean any mini PC would suffice. 

Edited by KhunHeineken

1 hour ago, KhunHeineken said:

USB storage can plug straight into the USB port on the TV for direct play. 

In any case, not much difference between a remote and wireless mini keyboard / mouse combo, which mean any mini PC would suffice. 

Not if the TV doesn't recognise the USB stick, which was the whole point of this post.

Edited by giddyup

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

Not if the TV doesn't recognise the USB stick, which was the whole point of this post.

USB stick, or HDMI stick? 

I'll ask again, why does it have to be a remote control, rather than a wireless keyboard / mouse, which could also be a mini? 

11 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

USB stick, or HDMI stick? 

I'll ask again, why does it have to be a remote control, rather than a wireless keyboard / mouse, which could also be a mini? 

The OP has stated that his TV does not recognize the newer high capacity USB 3.0 drives, probably because the TV only has USB 2.0 ports which do not supply enough power for USB 3.0 devices.

14 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

The OP has stated that his TV does not recognize the newer high capacity USB 3.0 drives, probably because the TV only has USB 2.0 ports which do not supply enough power for USB 3.0 devices.

What about a SSD?  They don't use much power. 

Edited by KhunHeineken

15 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

The new Panasonic android TV has both 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports.

4 hours ago, NextG said:

The TV is limited in the kinds of media it can play via USB, hence the need for an external media player. An Android box is less expensive than a Mini PC. Now you know, you can calm down with all the questions ????

I own several android boxes.  The OP wanted to control a media player with a remote control.  For me, there's little different between a remote control and a mini keyboard / mouse combo.    

20 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I own several android boxes.  The OP wanted to control a media player with a remote control.  For me, there's little different between a remote control and a mini keyboard / mouse combo.    

Not really. Since he mentioned Beelink, he was possibly referring to a Mini PC(even though they make Android boxes, they are similarly priced to their Mini PC) He was likely just thinking a remote control would be the way to use a Mini PC effectively with a TV. 
There are products that can be used with both; https://shopee.co.th/product/282765508/6986410501

image.thumb.jpeg.90b4216466e3ed6b0a95c77fb4ba9c05.jpeg

Personally, I think he should either go with the suggestion made earlier by another poster, of a TOX3 box; https://trustonx.com/product/player-tox3-4gb-ram-ddr3-32gb-nand-amlogic-s905x4-media-player/ if he really wants to explore the possibilities. 

4 minutes ago, NextG said:

Not really. Since he mentioned Beelink, he was possibly referring to a Mini PC(even though they make Android boxes, they are similarly priced to their Mini PC) He was likely just thinking a remote control would be the way to use a Mini PC effectively with a TV. 
There are products that can be used with both; https://shopee.co.th/product/282765508/6986410501

image.thumb.jpeg.90b4216466e3ed6b0a95c77fb4ba9c05.jpeg

Personally, I think he should either go with the suggestion made earlier by another poster, of a TOX3 box; https://trustonx.com/product/player-tox3-4gb-ram-ddr3-32gb-nand-amlogic-s905x4-media-player/ if he really wants to explore the possibilities. 

Minix boxes (android) come with a remote control, but they are not cheap. I own a couple of them, and never used the remote, not once. 

I own one of the keyboard / mouse combos in the photo in your post, but ended up just sitting one of these on the coffee table, as easier to use, especially when typing in movie titles for search.

https://www.logitech.com/en-au/products/combos/mk240-minimalist-keyboard-mouse.920-008202.html

30 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I own one of the keyboard / mouse combo

I prefer a keyboard touch pad combo, much more convenient, the Rapoo K2800 wireless keyboard/touchpad I have works very well, readily available on Lazada for approx. Bht900.

2 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

Minix boxes (android) come with a remote control, but they are not cheap. I own a couple of them, and never used the remote, not once. 

I own one of the keyboard / mouse combos in the photo in your post, but ended up just sitting one of these on the coffee table, as easier to use, especially when typing in movie titles for search.

https://www.logitech.com/en-au/products/combos/mk240-minimalist-keyboard-mouse.920-008202.html

Ridiculously expensive. What are you thinking? ???? 

That’s costlier than the box in question. 

2 hours ago, Stocky said:

I prefer a keyboard touch pad combo, much more convenient, the Rapoo K2800 wireless keyboard/touchpad I have works very well, readily available on Lazada for approx. Bht900.

Have you used it with an Android box?

2 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

All Android boxes are supplied with a remote control…cheap and expensive.