Cheap Passport Photos

bbi1

45 minutes ago, petermik said:

On soi Bukhaow Kodak shop opposite New Plaza.......????

Walked into a Kodak Shop on Soi Buakhao near (diagonally opposite) Soi Diana about a month ago. These guys quoted a ripoff price to print from a USB at 20 cents per page when I asked. Should be a max of 5 baht per page or less. (I needed to print out about 20 pages that time). Do Kodak Shops all have the same pricing?

Edited by bbi1

8 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Be careful with that they have to be laser printed.

aha ...  right '    I think the last lot I bought were 295 baht on Sukhumvit Copy A shop.  They have a machine that is an Asia franchise,   like the booth you sit in and then the photo is printed by there own machine.

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

I print mine at home from a selfie on a very cheap inkjet on photographic paper - never had an issue!

aha .....    did you let your embassy know this ....  and is your immigration officer ok with that   :drunk:

Edited by steven100

21 minutes ago, steven100 said:

aha .....    did you let your embassy know this ....  and is your immigration officer ok with that   :drunk:

Phuket immigration (TR extensions) have been fine, and the original visa is done online with a .jpg.

Edited by London Lowf
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Xanthe said:

Quality forum member looking for cheap passport pics that usually cost 100-200 baht in Thailand. What a circus this forum has become. 

If you really want to decry the forum, there are plenty of other places to start. just read through any post about rape, hookers or underage sex.

Like here for example -- just another post on AN that leaves you needing a shower.

Edited by n00dle
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Xanthe said:

Quality forum member looking for cheap passport pics that usually cost 100-200 baht in Thailand. What a circus this forum has become. 

They are 100 baht in those photo booths in central etc, used one today

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Immigration in Bangkok has had no issues with inkjet photos in 20 years I have been using.  As for passports make sure background is what your country requires - almost all Thai printers will want to provide with a blue background (which may not be what your country wants).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, steven100 said:

I would guess you can get them at any cheap printing shop.  I'm looking for a cheap bottle of Gin '   any suggestions ...

Gilbeys Gin on old UK brand sold cheap at Lotus. I wondered why till I took a look at the label "made in Vietnam"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, rwill said:

I print mine out at home on my ink jet printer.  Never had a problem with it.  But I am in Ratchaburi.  

Wow you must get a passport often then. The OZ embassy has Very specific rules on the photos. Immigration don't worry so much. Not sure what being in Ratchaburi has to do with passports.

• Like 1