Where to meet Hiso Thai women?

Lots to think about. Thanks. Btw the girl 6 years ago, it was her father said to me in the food court, 'comes from a good family'. He was well dressed, didn't understand until 10 minutes later in the grocery store alone with his daughter. Almost regret every day not making a move since it's been a rough 5 years. Why I was asking here hoping for the same . Would definitely not blow it this time.

The whole 25 million. Not an actual colonel, but did spend 10 years doing something most people would value 5-10 million lifetime (not poker). Something related that would net a cash prize around 1 million (think science). Also, a few separate elite amateur/pro skills (I'm old/over 40). Fortunate to be really good at puzzles/problem solving, just no 'jackpot' to show for it. 25 is nbd when twitch streamers are getting 5-10 mil/year to play video games.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I will tell you a little story. Mentioning no names and places. Spent new year  with my friends in a city, one of whom is a teacher and married (his wife was with him) we were in a bar and two of his students were in the same bar (working) Sometimes the ladies have to subsidize if their parents can't.

I should remember to mention – when talking about hi-so-ladies – that women generally marry up in status; and if they are already up there, they normally marry equal status. That might especially be worth remembering when trying to meet Thai hi-so-ladies. If you are not in the well-off level, you might find it difficult to get a hi-so-lady interested in you...:whistling:

A good book to read for better understanding is "Good Medicine for THAILAND FEVER"...:thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coloneloftruth said:

Not to brag, but I think I would stand a good chance. Looking at my resume you would probably ballpark around 25 million

I presume you talk about US$, when you talk about Hi-so...:whistling:

Man, your post brought some of the best posters to their keyboards. A good number of the fools too.

Well done!

I'd suggest you find the hottest looking woman you can that will put up with your mishegaas. (Which you'll end up doing anyway.)

Or just fill the bowl again.

Edited by ignore it
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are plenty of HiSo Thai ladies married to farang, but the farang are normally wealthy, famous or accomplished in some way.

As other posters have said, the best way would be through introductions. You just have to be in Thailand and try and make social connections (e.g. attend costly events and hang around fashionable shops.

1 hour ago, VinnieK said:

He can always get on the first plane out.

Non issue.

Btw..if he has 25 mil (baht I assume) he can live very comfortably for the rest of his life.

No point chasing mentally-ill ,rich hags

I understand his point. I.e. if he buys a condominium and he has problems in the building then it doesn't hurt to know the right people.

And if he does that then likely he doesn't just want to walk away.

2 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I should remember to mention – when talking about hi-so-ladies – that women generally marry up in status; and if they are already up there, they normally marry equal status. That might especially be worth remembering when trying to meet Thai hi-so-ladies. If you are not in the well-off level, you might find it difficult to get a hi-so-lady interested in you...:whistling:

A good book to read for better understanding is "Good Medicine for THAILAND FEVER"...:thumbsup:

‘Usually’… ‘normally’….

People ‘usually’ marry within their own culture too…..  are more comfortable dating within their own culture… 

Of course, expats break this mold & so do the girls who are provided access to financial security by dating & marring outside of their culture (i.e. poorer Thai girls & western men)…. But we are stepping outside of that demographic when looking to ‘step up the socio-economic ladder’…

Education & particularly social education through modern media means barriers that may have previously existed are no longer the quite the ‘Everest’ to scale…. If that’s what you are after.  

IMO it’s easier for a ‘normal Westerner’ to date a well to do Thai lady than it is a ‘normal’ Thai…. 

7 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

There are plenty of HiSo Thai ladies married to farang, but the farang are normally wealthy, famous or accomplished in some way.

I know a couple of extremely wealthy females who are still single.., 40’s…  (hi so, family have ‘titles’) they seem to date well off Thai guys who are utter card-board !!!! (Boring, but wealthy fops)…  I sometimes wonder if these women would be better dating foreigners who at least have character….  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

A young Thai fellow that I knew, many years ago, needed to build a house for his hiso fiancé before the family would agree... the house had yo be a minimum of 15 million baht - which was about $500,000 US... 

Most hiso Thai ladies really look down their noses at almost everyone as not being good enough to meet approval from the family - - they consider themselves very very elite. I have known attractive ladies who stay single for that reason. 

usually I get lucky with these ones, middle 30's early 40's.... I am not picky 555

Edited by Mavideol

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

(maybe Rotary is)

Don't you need to be in business for that????

57 minutes ago, ignore it said:

A good number of the fools too.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Live in a non expat prevalent area and there are 1000's of women. See one you like and ask her out, pretty simple. Set yourself some standards like university educated, employed and speaks your language and start dating. My wife never asked me how much money I had nor did she ask, want nor expect any gifts or money. She did ask where I worked because I was working in Vietnam but she wasn't interested in Financials at all. It's all about getting to know somebody and having mutual trust. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Live in a non expat prevalent area and there are 1000's of women. See one you like and ask her out, pretty simple. Set yourself some standards like university educated, employed and speaks your language and start dating. My wife never asked me how much money I had nor did she ask, want nor expect any gifts or money. She did ask where I worked because I was working in Vietnam but she wasn't interested in Financials at all. It's all about getting to know somebody and having mutual trust. 

A lot of people think good Thai women live in a hoe central such as thonglor and ekkamai. Yes maybe some, but it's not in a condo.

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

You are confused. There is a massive difference between a Hiso girl and a woman who comes from a good family. So, what do you want because I can almost guarantee you that you don't stand a 0.000001% chance with a "hiso" woman.

Hint: Even girls from good families won't touch a guy who comes and goes from Thailand with a 6 foot pole. As an experienced guy like yourself who dates a lot have you not noticed that "good" women will always ask you if you are a tourist in Thailand before they go on a date with you? 

Hi-So girls/ladies .... can you cope? 

Most come from a lifestyle of wealth, overspending by their parents, often the girl owns a house and 3 condos and 2 or 3 expensive cars, regular trips to Europe, Japan, Sth. Korea (probably flying business class) all paid for by daddy/mummy. And an expectation of regular expensive jewellery etc., from the bf and an expectation of instant attention. And maids, drivers, cooks, etc.

And do you have an expensive car?

Why all the above?  Simple answer; 'to keep up with the Joneses', which in this society is extremely important.

Can you cope? Do you want to cope with the above?

Your choice of course. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Hi-So girls/ladies .... can you cope? 

Most come from a lifestyle of wealth, overspending by their parents, often the girl owns a house and 3 condos and 2 or 3 expensive cars, regular trips to Europe, Japan, Sth. Korea (probably flying business class) all paid for by daddy/mummy. And an expectation of regular expensive jewellery etc., from the bf and an expectation of instant attention. And maids, drivers, cooks, etc.

And do you have an expensive car?

Why all the above?  Simple answer; 'to keep up with the Joneses', which in this society is extremely important.

Can you cope? Do you want to cope with the above?

Your choice of course. 

...........and flip-flops and Brut aftershave is definitely a no-no................:stoner:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, coloneloftruth said:

Maybe you're right, and I'm confused the difference between 'good family' and 'hiso'. The unexplained 'interference' is what I'm looking a partner to help with. Somebody with resources to call in favors, threaten, good lawyers, etc, whatever it takes for normalcy to prevail I guess so maybe I should have just said background of wealthy. 

Not to brag, but I think I would stand a good chance. Looking at my resume you would probably ballpark around 25 million, although only a fraction was spent for that appearance. Into things money can't buy obviously, or I would have the resources to handle on my own.

The way you talk says enough, you won't get anywhere near Hi So.

They ain't stupid  and for sure don't go for a Farang. 

Just try to be yourself and stay  on your own level, (Not Hi So). 

• Thumbs Up 1

If it's not 25 mil USD your expectations are to high.  First off I suggest you invest in an English writing class. And also learn Thai.  Maybe get on IG and follow about 200 Thai IG star.  They post pictures with groups when they go out or travel and then you can follow these others.  Many times the cute gal in the picture has a private account.    Perhaps if your profile is interesting, looks fun, some of them may let you into their IG account.  

Just like anywhere some of the high class gals are a bit chubby and they would be easier targets if your only interested in status or get out of jail contacts.  

Also some tact and a little modesty might be good to learn.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps this guy had a same thought and lost all he had instead. ???? 

Pattaya — A Chinese tourist plunged to his death from a Pattaya hotel at 6:16 AM this morning, February 7th. The victim left a suicide note, saying “Sorry, I Suicide. Goodbye everybody, All of you can throw away my stuff (the victim’s name) 6/Feb/2023.”

9 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Jibberish

Gibberish, also called jibber-jabber or gobbledygook, is speech that is (or appears to be) nonsense. It may include speech sounds that are not actual words,[1] pseudowords, or language games and specialized jargon that seems nonsensical to outsiders.[2]

"Gibberish" is also used as an imprecation to denigrate or tar ideas or opinions the user disagrees with or finds irksome, a rough equivalent of "nonsense", "folderol", or "claptrap". The implication is that the criticized expression or proposition lacks substance or congruence, as opposed to simply being a differing view.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibberish