Immigration Officers Charged Over Illegal Visa Malfeasance

snoop1130

35 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

If that's the account you select then you will get 0% return.

Have mine in a standard savings account, while 0.5% (4,000 THB) is not good, it's way better than my UK account which is ZERO%

forgot I also need to keep a minimum balance in my UK account of 2,500 GBP (100,000 BHT).

The main topic seems to be about money in the bank visa agent... But the thing I can't seem to understand is when you die who gets the 800.000 ? If no will .as I understand it seems difficult for family and Thai wife to even get it... I think this is done so people forget about it and the money goes to government or bank.... 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Xanthe said:

If people can't meet the financial requirements or they don't to put 800K baht in a Thai bank, agents are there to facilitate the process. What is wrong with that? It helps lots of people. 

Every thing wrong with that. In my book it's Illegal. 

If it's Legal than No one need the Funds in the bank and it'll be Sweet ,Right 

if it's OK for one than it should be OK for Everyone .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe it's time that agents were also done away with and the requirements made easier for those expats who have problems meeting the money in the bank requirements 

Indeed, these agents and the corrupt foreigners are directly responsible for those requirements getting more difficult to meet. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

The main topic seems to be about money in the bank visa agent... But the thing I can't seem to understand is when you die who gets the 800.000 ? If no will .as I understand it seems difficult for family and Thai wife to even get it... I think this is done so people forget about it and the money goes to government or bank.... 

If any pensioner has 800k in the bank with no will, then they obviously can afford to lose it. 

6 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Every single immigration office in this country takes bribes take money. It’s never gonna end they can build the largest inactive building they want. I’ll never shut that down. Why?  TIT

Do you have a "link" for that assertion......:cowboy:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I kind of agree, dodgy agents handling visa applications when really the applicant should be at the immigration office in person.

Agents have made a good living by charging exorbitant fees form applicants to smooth the way with bent officials. 

Get rid of agents.

This is from the "I'm alright, Jack" brigade.......:coffee1:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

800k is hardly flush, if you don't have that and are living so precariously you should probably go home before you become a burden. Anyone can get interest on the 800k

Oh my, another who can't think outside his own cash box.....

How can a farang become a burden to LOS........................?  :cowboy:

2 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

If that's the account you select then you will get 0% return.

Have mine in a standard savings account, while 0.5% (4,000 THB) is not good, it's way better than my UK account which is ZERO%

Yes Sir,

Point taken, but to some folks 4000THB is essentially zero. Today the day range on the THB/USD is 0.195 THB or essentially THB 4,625.00.  on 800K.

Edited by ignore it

2 hours ago, proton said:

800k is hardly flush, if you don't have that and are living so precariously you should probably go home before you become a burden. Anyone can get interest on the 800k

Proton, Agree 100%.  Anyone who uses an agent for lack of funds really shouldn't be here. I can understand agent use for convenience.   BTW. Looking for substantive returns here.  Interested in interesting interest.  Like anything on the plus side of inflation, as little risk as possible. Pls send your tips by PM.  Thx in advance.

Edited by ignore it
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

Every thing wrong with that. In my book it's Illegal. 

If it's Legal than No one need the Funds in the bank and it'll be Sweet ,Right 

if it's OK for one than it should be OK for Everyone .

"Every thing wrong with that. In my book it's Illegal."

Well in my book it isn't, and my book is what I go by. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

This is from the "I'm alright, Jack" brigade.......:coffee1:

Which I am most certainly am not.

You can't chastise the Immigration officers on one hand, then condone dodgy agents helping people to gain visa applications on the other.

I have nothing against IO doing their job, and nothing against agents doing their job.

I am against the bent ones.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I kind of agree, dodgy agents handling visa applications when really the applicant should be at the immigration office in person.

Agents have made a good living by charging exorbitant fees form applicants to smooth the way with bent officials. 

Get rid of agents.

I normally agree with everything you say Hotchilli, but not this time. If you have been reading recent posts about people's money in Thai banks, you will see what I mean.

I can afford to put the required money in a Thai bank, but use an agent instead, because like the soldiers government in this unstable country, Thai banks just cannot be trusted.

The latest case being the 16 year old girl whose bank lost her 500,000Bt deposit.

• Like 1

If some people can choose to live their lives rationalizing that paying a bribe is ok, I no longer let it bother me.

I remember years back, saying that I had just come back from Bangkok to get a US Embassy income letter, and some guy smugly saying "Oh I just pay an agent" and, not saying a word, but getting up and leaving with a thanks to my host.

Edited by jerrymahoney

2 hours ago, transam said:

Oh my, another who can't think outside his own cash box.....

How can a farang become a burden to LOS........................?  :cowboy:

When they cant fund medical bills and have to ponce off friends and family, as well as strangers, case on here recently

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, proton said:

When they cant fund medical bills and have to ponce off friends and family, as well as strangers, case on here recently

Proton - A bit of perspective please. Millions of tourists and foreign visitors here every year and a only few hundred get into financial difficulties with lack of, or poor insurance that doesn't cover their medical claims. Do we focus on the few or the many? 

I know (and I am sure other members will understand the sentiment) my Thai family here (and my Thai friends) turn to me when they have financial difficulties and I am happy to help, its what family and friends do for each other.

Unless of course you feel that Thai families shouldn't "ponce" off the falang in the family and it's every man for themselves?  

Edited by jonclark

5 hours ago, proton said:

Only the ones doing things illegally 

Oooh… not you ???? 
Just think….not so long ago, cannabis was not legal. Now it is. 
Leave people to live their lives if they are not harming anyone and learn to live your own. 

22 minutes ago, proton said:

You really need to calm down. The are so many scenarios outside your little box. But you don’t care about that. You just want to rant. There is good reason as to why there is flexibility in the system. If you don’t understand why at your age, it’s not likely that you ever will. 

19 minutes ago, NextG said:

There is good reason as to why there is flexibility in the system.

If it all were on the up-&-up, there would be a FLEXIBILITY window at your local immigration office and you would pay your 15.,000 baht or so and get a receipt for your extension.

No need for setting up a plausible deniability scenario.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

Not as tiresome of the irresponsible begging on gofundme for medical treatment or flights back home

So what, none of your business, plus, I reckon most ageing expats here can no way get affordable insurance, and you want them to all "go home', just in case the family has to help out..........................:ermm:

• Like 1