Immigration Officers Charged Over Illegal Visa Malfeasance

snoop1130

1 hour ago, proton said:

Not as tiresome of the irresponsible begging on gofundme for medical treatment or flights back home

Most of which aren't directed for medical treatment, flights home or anything else of this noble nature. 

GoScamMe. 

10 hours ago, jonclark said:

If Thai people (in this case IO's) consider it "unfortunate to be born in Thailand" then it can hardly be considered a "privilege to live in Thailand" can it? From your post it sounds more like a hardship. 

I don't live in Thailand. 

9 hours ago, digger70 said:

Every thing wrong with that. In my book it's Illegal. 

If it's Legal than No one need the Funds in the bank and it'll be Sweet ,Right 

if it's OK for one than it should be OK for Everyone .

It's called taking risk. Some people wants to take risk and spread their wealth with other unfortunates not born in a Western country. And some people wants to to do it themselves and consider it the greatest life achievement. That is my conclusion after reading hundreds of forum posts.

Edited by Xanthe

On 2/7/2023 at 5:39 PM, bamnutsak said:

FWIW, it was reported that Chaiyanat Kornchayanant, AKA Tuhao, had been granted Thai citizenship so I'm not certain he needed a visa? How he gained citizenship should probably be investigated, or not.

Chaiyanat is a Chinese businessman who was granted Thai citizenship after marrying a senior police officer and is believed to be behind a Chinese triad dealing in drugs and other criminal activities.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40023752

Tuhao was granted Thai citizenship in December 2015.

16 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

"Every thing wrong with that. In my book it's Illegal."

Well in my book it isn't, and my book is what I go by. 

Suit yourself ,If things go south With this Illegal agents/immigration officers (I hope )just bad luck for you than ain't it .

10 hours ago, Xanthe said:

It's called taking risk. Some people wants to take risk and spread their wealth with other unfortunates not born in a Western country. And some people wants to to do it themselves and consider it the greatest life achievement. That is my conclusion after reading hundreds of forum posts.

I look at this way ,Gambling .

I don't Gamble . This will change when they catch up with All the Bad agents and bad Immigration officers.

Than the gamblers Will Have to have the funds or No Extension. Their Loss 

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Suit yourself ,If things go south With this Illegal agents/immigration officers (I hope )just bad luck for you than ain't it .

I certainly do suit myself and have done so all my life, I shudder to think where I would be today if I hadn't, and that means 16 years of living in Thailand.

If you want to obey everyone's rules you would be best just staying in your bed. One more thing, these agents are not illegal, and neither are the Immigration officers they work with, not like some bank employees.

36 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I certainly do suit myself and have done so all my life, I shudder to think where I would be today if I hadn't, and that means 16 years of living in Thailand.

If you want to obey everyone's rules you would be best just staying in your bed

Maybe the coup leaders of 2014 who are still running the country in 2023 feel the same way.

18 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

If it all were on the up-&-up, there would be a FLEXIBILITY window at your local immigration office and you would pay your 15.,000 baht or so and get a receipt for your extension.

No need for setting up a plausible deniability scenario.

You are just writing nonsense. There would be a huge conglomeration of people there alone. Do you imagine that you don’t get a receipt? Why not just mind your own business? If you don’t like the way things are run in Thailand, find another place. There are many. 

34 minutes ago, NextG said:

You are just writing nonsense. There would be a huge conglomeration of people there alone. Do you imagine that you don’t get a receipt? Why not just mind your own business? If you don’t like the way things are run in Thailand, find another place. There are many. 

Thank you. I like my 20 year agentless existence in Thailand just fine.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NextG said:

Is this your phrase of the month? ????

So tell me then as well as the rest of us why an agent is needed if one has all of the true requirements one needs for their extension of stay?  I understand the viewpoint of one who does not wish to negotiate the steps and the ques, having met the requirements, and thus using an agent to assist.  Yet tell me why it is legal to use an agent to facilitate your stay if you don't meet the money requirements or the age requirements and thus need to have a dodgy visa issued when your not doing what the visa is for lets use the education Visa or Volunteer Visa.  Tells us how this is not corruption based bribery.

Edited by ThailandRyan

58 minutes ago, NextG said:

Is this your phrase of the month? ????

No -- it describes the set-up wherein the agent receives 15,000 baht but the complicit  immigration officer can say 'I only received 1900 baht as in this here receipt to the expat.'

BTW: Thai Criminal Code 1956 (ประเทศไทยทางอาญา พ.ศ. รหัส 2499) 

Section 144. Granting of Benefit by Official
Whoever, giving, offering or agreeing to give the property or any other benefit to the official, member of State Legislative Assembly, member of Provincial Assembly or member of Municipal Assembly so as to induce such person to do or not to do any act, or to delay the doing of any act contrary to one's own duty, shall be imprisoned not out of five years or fined not out of ten thousand Baht, or both.

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Still a problem for the now old regarding costs.....:cowboy:

Yes -- but you said "get" not "maintain".

If you cannot afford it, it is a problem. But it is also a function of when you first took out the insurance as, when younger, there are generally fewer if any pre-existing conditions attached to the policy.

Edited by jerrymahoney

20 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Yes -- but you said "get" not "maintain".

If you cannot afford it, it is a problem. But it is also a function of when you first took out the insurance as, when younger, there are generally fewer if any pre-existing conditions attached to the policy.

Yeh right, not many with no pre-existing probs is there, and we all came here in our 20's.....:stoner:

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

Then your planning sucked.

I didn't have a plan to come to LOS, it was a spur of the moment thing because of "circumstances".

I have now been here for many years, in my eighth decade with a family.

If I were younger I probably would not be in LOS, definitely would not have planned to come here.

We all have twists and turns in life where stuff changes, gambles are made, a bit of an adventure, perhaps...:stoner:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

I didn't have a plan to come to LOS, it was a spur of the moment thing because of "circumstances".

I have now been here for many years, in my eighth decade with a family.

If I were younger I probably would not be in LOS, definitely would not have planned to come here.

We all have twists and turns in life where stuff changes, gambles are made, a bit of an adventure, perhaps...:stoner:

So does that mean you did not consider buying health insurance when you first arrived here after the spur of the moment?

Maybe it's just an American thing, but one of the reasons I did relocate to Thailand almost 20 years ago is that good individual health policies were available to me here that were not available in the USofA.

Edited by jerrymahoney