PM Rishi Sunak responds to comments made by his new deputy party chairman Lee Anderson who said he would support the return of the death penalty.

The press have walked straight into this without thinking. Tory setup to promote them being a party thats tough on crime. I looked up Lee's comments and the key part of his comment was :

"In some circumstances, not all, but in some circumstances, it's very difficult to argue against," 

"I always go back to the shocking case of Lee Rigby. Them people did it, we know that, they were seen, it was filmed. All sorts of horrible things went on and I challenge anybody to argue against that."

This will appeal to a lot of UK voters (sadly IMHO).

Edited by MRToMRT

4 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

The press have walked straight into this without thinking. Tory setup to promote them being a party thats tough on crime. I looked up Lee's comments and the key part of his comment was :

"In some circumstances, not all, but in some circumstances, it's very difficult to argue against," 

"I always go back to the shocking case of Lee Rigby. Them people did it, we know that, they were seen, it was filmed. All sorts of horrible things went on and I challenge anybody to argue against that."

This will appeal to a lot of UK voters (sadly IMHO).

I’ll agree it’s a Tory set up.

They are failing to govern and deliver for the vast majority of the nation, have no policies to effectively address any of the key issues of concern to voters and are therefore dragging out hanging to bait the press with.

Its a deflection.

• Like 1