Your experience with the TOT NT Thunder SIM

Mickeymaus

On 12/22/2023 at 4:56 PM, BigStar said:

Are these still limited to 5 floors up?

Never tested mine above ground level. Purchased it for when 'out and about'. However, I've given up on it altogether even though it has a few months validity remaining. More often than not, I found no signal available. Subscribed instead to 'add on' data packages for my pre-paid SIM's (AIS for my main phone and True for my back-up).

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Never tested mine above ground level. Purchased it for when 'out and about'. However, I've given up on it altogether even though it has a few months validity remaining. More often than not, I found no signal available. Subscribed instead to 'add on' data packages for my pre-paid SIM's (AIS for my main phone and True for my back-up).

It’s not a product for ‘out and about’. That’s made very clear throughout. NT WIRELESS is a substitute for Fixed Point Internet. 
If you wanted to move around, then you could have purchased the equivalent product from NT MOBILE. The clue is in the name. 

On 12/22/2023 at 4:56 PM, BigStar said:

Are these still limited to 5 floors up?

They are limited in the way that they aren’t guaranteed to work on high floors. So don’t expect any support for that. 
Whereas I live on a high floor and get full support from my network with any issues. 
Fifth floor or lesser and you can contact with any issues. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NextG said:

It’s not a product for ‘out and about’. That’s made very clear throughout. NT WIRELESS is a substitute for Fixed Point Internet. 
If you wanted to move around, then you could have purchased the equivalent product from NT MOBILE. The clue is in the name.

My understanding of a data only SIM is that it should be suitable for use in, say, a tablet/laptop with a SIM slot. Such a device is, of course, portable. I found I could use it in my wife’s shop but not in our house only 980 metres away. It worked in my favourite restaurant but not in my bank. Good value for money where it works. Someone else stated he installed his in a pocket WiFi and takes it on holiday with him. Have to try these things!

17 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

My understanding of a data only SIM is that it should be suitable for use in, say, a tablet/laptop with a SIM slot. Such a device is, of course, portable. I found I could use it in my wife’s shop but not in our house only 980 metres away. It worked in my favourite restaurant but not in my bank. Good value for money where it works. Someone else stated he installed his in a pocket WiFi and takes it on holiday with him. Have to try these things!

It’s sold as Fixed Point Internet for use with a router. That’s why it’s priced in that manner. Hence the name NT Wireless, which differs from their product; NT Mobile, which are for use with mobile devices. 
You can try a product such as My by NT’s annual 10Mbps SIM mentioned earlier if your devices can see the signal. Check at your local NT(formerly CAT) office beforehand. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2023 at 3:08 PM, The Fugitive said:

The mobile 'phone number must be the one you quoted when ordering. I had to find this out by a process of elimination. In the end, I found out that I had supplied my Mrs's mobile number (my thinking was if any queries with my order, they would probably be asking in Thai language).

I didn't quoted anything,  just ordered from Shopee for 900 baht,  not tried to register yet as my other subscription is still valid 

15 minutes ago, Terek said:

I didn't quoted anything,  just ordered from Shopee for 900 baht,  not tried to register yet as my other subscription is still valid 

I didn't previously have an account before ordering my NT Thunder SIM. Just checked now, I used my Covid/Pink ID card number and my Mrs's mobile number to log into my account. The OTP for logging in went to her mobile, of course.

I have a photograph of the QR code activation letter (Steps numbered 1,2,3 & 4).

(Used Google lens to translate from Thai).

Step 1 - Receive and inspect product. 

Step 2- Scan QR code and then to fill in; 'Order Number and mobile phone number for the contact specified in the ordering process (not the number of the SIM card received).   

Step 3- Enter OTP received.

Step 4- Try it out.

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2023 at 7:31 AM, Mickeymaus said:

In my topic "Your experience with SIM card routers" I have tested True Move, AIS, Dtac and the TOT NT packages "Work and Learn" and the TOT NT Thunder. The Thunder was the only one with unlimited data AND speed. At my location in Central Pattaya it performs great. I tested many times in the meantime. Here some example results (please click on the link next to the Mickeymaus avatar and not on the link below) :

It is by far the best SIM that I tested and this for only 999 Baht a year - unbelievable. But it depends on the location (here also the floor) and on the used devices. 

When I applied for the Thunder online I had to enter the longitude and latitude of my condo (it will tell you if your location is covered) and the floor number (should not be higher than 5). The floor number is important since many signals cover mainly the area below the antenna tower (it might be on a high building). But it should work on higher floors too - perhaps with a weaker signal. My signal is not perfect too (see picture) and I am within the 5 floor limit. 

For me the Thunder is (so far...) a great package. But I would like to know the experience others have with this Thunder SIM card. An approximate location, the floor number and the used devices (if possible with CAT version) would be very helpful. 

SmartSelect_20230209-090201_Gallery.jpg

What app is that for signal 🚦 strength?

Anyone use NT sim on high floors? I live on 25th guess that's a NO 🚫 

True sim works in my condo got 15Mbps unlimited 5G and when phone (router) near balcony I can watch IPTV and play PS5. So it works not best buy can't complain.

Wonder about NT card.

Anyone uses it on Jomtien?

Edited by Pattaya420

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Pattaya420 said:

Where do you live and what floor?

I am in Bangkok at street level,

Last week had first outage in 7 months,

I have an Android box,2 PC's and 2 phones all connect to internet OK.

Off peak d/l speed gets as high as 35 Mbps.

• Thanks 1