Russian soldier death rate highest since first week of war - Ukraine

Scott

image.png

Russian soldiers are dying in greater numbers in Ukraine this month than at any time since the first week of the invasion, according to Ukrainian data.

The Ukrainian data shows 824 Russian soldiers dying per day in February.

The figures were highlighted by the UK's Ministry of Defence. The figures cannot be verified - but the UK says the trends are "likely accurate".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64616099

BBC.jpg

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not really 'good' though, is it?

Many of these soldiers have families and will have signed up for the Army before they knew anything about an invasion. Others would have been drafted into the Armed forces against their will. Their violent deaths can hardly be described as 'good'.

In war, there are no good metrics.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Many of these soldiers have families and will have signed up for the Army before they knew anything about an invasion. Others would have been drafted into the Armed forces against their will. Their violent deaths can hardly be described as 'good'.

High Numbers is needed to stop this war! Thats the reality.

How desperate is Putin and his close ones to win, thats the question.

Latest estimate I saw 2 weeks ago, 300 000 dead on both sides 

17 minutes ago, Hummin said:

High Numbers is needed to stop this war! Thats the reality.

How desperate is Putin and his close ones to win, thats the question.

Latest estimate I saw 2 weeks ago, 300 000 dead on both sides 

Yeahhhhhhh. Let's all cheer the deaths!!! :sick:

• Like 2

Biden should make a statement, and SMS it out to all the people in Russia that if Putin ends the war in Ukraine he will let McDonalds reopen in Russia and on it's first day everything will be free.  It will ignite the Second People's Revolution.  The billion dollars it would cost would be much more effective than spending it on weaponry, let Defense Dept cover it.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

Biden should make a statement, and SMS it out to all the people in Russia that if Putin ends the war in Ukraine he will let McDonalds reopen in Russia and on it's first day everything will be free.  It will ignite the Second People's Revolution.  The billion dollars it would cost would be much more effective than spending it on weaponry, let Defense Dept cover it.

All he has to do is offer free Vodka!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I agree with you,the Ukrainians didn’t deserve this horror visited on their wives sons daughter’s elderly ect ect the worlds hungry didn’t deserve to lose access to the goods the Ukrainian nation offers.Nor did the Russian people deserve to have their nation set backwards 70years get their soldiers killed and become a pariah nation the Russian people didn’t deserve it either cut off the head of the snake and rejoin the world get the (*#@@) out of Ukraine get rid of putin and his cronies 

12 hours ago, Hummin said:

Who is cheering? Being realistic is not cheering!

Who? Maybe check who made the original comment "good" about their deaths.

There is only one death that should be celebrated and that is Putin's. But once again, if you check which forum member's comment I was referring to you will see that he is a supporter of coup leaders and tyrants, his profile pic tells you all you need to know. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Who? Maybe check who made the original comment "good" about their deaths.

There is only one death that should be celebrated and that is Putin's. But once again, if you check which forum member's comment I was referring to you will see that he is a supporter of coup leaders and tyrants, his profile pic tells you all you need to know. 

You quoted me, and I was not cheering 

1 hour ago, Tug said:

I agree with you,the Ukrainians didn’t deserve this horror visited on their wives sons daughter’s elderly ect ect the worlds hungry didn’t deserve to lose access to the goods the Ukrainian nation offers.Nor did the Russian people deserve to have their nation set backwards 70years get their soldiers killed and become a pariah nation the Russian people didn’t deserve it either cut off the head of the snake and rejoin the world get the (*#@@) out of Ukraine get rid of putin and his cronies 

I'm not sure that Russia didn't deserve what happened to them. They accepted a deal with Putin to ignore politics as long as their material quality of life was improving. This is where it got them. Is there not at least some collective responsibility to that entire society? 

As far as the war, I think it might be apt to compartmentalize news like this.

Of course the human tragedy, the pain of those killed or injured is just as real on the Russian side, the waste of life, the grief of their families.

But the context is a war where Russia is the invading country. 

So as far as the war box goes, of course it's good if the enemy side suffers high casualties, even more so when like in this case, one side which is Russia is clearly the offending one. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not sure that Russia didn't deserve what happened to them. They accepted a deal with Putin to ignore politics as long as their material quality of life was improving. This is where it got them. Is there not at least some collective responsibility to that entire society? 

As far as the war, I think it might be apt to compartmentalize news like this.

Of course the human tragedy, the pain of those killed or injured is just as real on the Russian side, the waste of life, the grief of their families.

But the context is a war where Russia is the invading country. 

So as far as the war box goes, of course it's good if the enemy side suffers high casualties, even more so when like in this case, one side which is Russia is clearly the offending one. 

I donno brother I feel the Russian people deserve better there are severe consequences for speaking out and most folks do as their country asks right or wrong it’s a real genuine horrible conundrum in my humble opinion 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

I donno brother I feel the Russian people deserve better there are severe consequences for speaking out and most folks do as their country asks right or wrong it’s a real genuine horrible conundrum in my humble opinion 

I'm not buying it. The majority still support Russia in the war. The repression wouldn't have ever gotten this bad if they hadn't accepted Putin's deal. There was a window of opportunity in the 90s for Russia to not go in the direction that it did, and they blew it. 

I hold this to all countries including my own. All citizens are part of the picture even though most do nothing, and that is a big part of a lot of problems. 

There is a difference between responsibility and blame. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Putin is a pathological maniac. A dictator with such thirst for power and dangerous expansionist ambitions. He does not care one iota. Lives of his men mean nothing to him, as the darkness of his heart, and his moral bankruptcy prevents any compassion. He is a serial killer, wiping out masses of women and children. 

It is likely very few have much sympathy for the soldiers being killed. Russia has earned itself the status of a pariah state. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When Ukraine liberated Kherson, the locals welcomed the troops as heros.

This isn't neccessary happening everywhere, such as the current big battleground at Bakhmut.

The war is a lot more complicated than many think.

BTW, I'm not supporting Russia, just making a point.

• Thanks 1