Canadian tourist says Phuket police refused to help after five men assaulted him and stole Rolex/50K on beach walk

webfact

12 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Who wears a real Rolex on a holiday to a third world country?? and who needs to have so much money in cash on him/her???Stupid...

Likely a fake Rolex. Didn't know Thailand is a third world country, their bts sure beats anything in the US 55.

14 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Stroll at 2am? Rolex? Bht 50,000? I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

It’s always a Rolex isn’t it. 
Something doesn’t smell right with his story. ????

If he’d been pitching instead of catching with the LB on the beach, he’d have seen his LB mates coming. ????

Edited by Dazkkk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

If you wear a real Rolex, everyone will call you dumb.  Big house, dumb.  Nice car, dumb.  Cash, dumb.

that’s why I don’t wear a watch, threadbare shoes (nice adjective) and 5 baht in my sock.

plus I’ve never showered .  Keep them away.

and he needs more tattoos to really be a farang in Thailand 

OK Mr Rich Guy

You dont need to brag about owning a sock  

16 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Is that your best come back? Poor guy. For you to take the time to analyze what others write so you can come to the conclusion that AN bloggers think they are Columbo makes you a Clouseau in the works. Do you count ants in an ant colony when you have nothing to do????? ????

I actually read the other bloggers comments to see whether their opinion matches mine. Sort of like a gauge. Usually I respond to the content not the gist...

Well I stand by the triggered comment 

19 hours ago, Thomas KH said:

Stole his Lolex? Sorry, his Rorex? I mean Rolex? And his 50k? Disturbing.

I hope his insurance compensates him for his losses. They must. After all, that's what insurance is for. To claim for a lost Lolex, I mean Rorex and 50k thb which he incidentally had with him at 2 AM. 

About 10 years ago I got a lucrative contract with an O&G company in Iraq. I've always wanted a Rolex so I bought a Submariner from a dealer in Bkk and paid north of 300 k baht.They were out of 50k models.lol. Later on I wore it on a 2 week vaccy to China and got so many stares that I sold it to a friend after owning it less that a year. It was on my bucket list but a poor move on my part. The Canuck has his wires crossed and has probably not traveled much IMHO.

14 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Its amazing how many tourists are walking around with 50K in their pocket and a Rolex on their wrist - on the beach! Still, I'm sure he will have travel insurance ????.  They really should be more careful.

How would that work? If in fact it was a genuine Rolex the insurance company would probably be asking many questions as well as providing a receipt confirmed with a bill of sale. A full police report translated and notorized in English/French.His story has more holes that a block of swiss cheese.  

2 hours ago, jaideedave said:

If in fact it was a genuine Rolex the insurance company would probably be asking many questions as well as providing a receipt confirmed with a bill of sale.

Good one. I am not sure the evening markets can provide a receipt for a fake Rolex. But judging by the amount of tats he has he must have some cash. To bad he can't claim insurance on his ink.

On 2/13/2023 at 11:34 AM, BananaStrong said:

If you wear a real Rolex, everyone will call you dumb.  Big house, dumb.  Nice car, dumb.  Cash, dumb.

that’s why I don’t wear a watch, threadbare shoes (nice adjective) and 5 baht in my sock.

plus I’ve never showered .  Keep them away.

and he needs more tattoos to really be a farang in Thailand 

You got that right Banana, this guy needs way more Tats to really fit in with the expats. It would also help if he would gain some weight and shave his head.

On 2/13/2023 at 4:34 PM, ikke1959 said:

Who wears a real Rolex on a holiday to a third world country?? and who needs to have so much money in cash on him/her???Stupid...

Yes. By 2 am that money should have  been lining the pockets of a few hoes in Bangla

On 2/14/2023 at 2:26 AM, jaideedave said:

How would that work? If in fact it was a genuine Rolex the insurance company would probably be asking many questions as well as providing a receipt confirmed with a bill of sale. A full police report translated and notorized in English/French.His story has more holes that a block of swiss cheese.  

You might notice the winking emoji?