Visa Question..

Hello again.

We are back in Phuket and when we arrived at immigration we were told that we could not come back on a visa waiver again - and no extension.
(I'm not sure if that is actually correct as from what i read I can come and go indefinitely as long as I'm a tourist.)
At least that is what I think the lady said.
This is our third trip in and we were granted a 30 day extension on the last two visa waivers.

We have found a language school that we like and are planning on getting an ED visa.
They tell me at the school that we need to have at least 45 days on our visa as it can take that long to process it.

My question is:
Having arrived in Phuket yesterday, can I go to Patong immigration today and request an extension immediately for another 30 days with the reason being that we are applying for a visa?
(Bearing in mind that we have already had two extensions for previous visits - we left after each extension and stayed out for three weeks each time.)

Thanks for any advice / input you can give us.

Freddie

Edited by FreddieMercury

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes you can obtain a 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry.

You should have been given a 45 day stamp yesterday. 

The io was talking rubbish. 

Thought so.
We have 45 day entry stamps.
Can we get that extension immediately so as to show the school we have more visa time?
Many thanks.

1 hour ago, FreddieMercury said:

Thought so.
We have 45 day entry stamps.
Can we get that extension immediately so as to show the school we have more visa time?
Many thanks.

Usually done couple of weeks prior to expiry have read reports of people obtaining them earlier.

Check with immigration and explain.